Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2009, 19:22   #31

Congrats Navendu!

It's heartening to see that mileage figure on a petrol Fiat! And especially in Pune traffic.

BTW, a friend of mine has booked GP E+ 1.4 FIRE from B U Bhandari in the last of week June. He hasn't got the delivery of his car yet. When had you booked the car?

I know there are many Puntos delivered in Pune. But surprisingly, I'm yet to see a Punto on Pune roads.
Old 29th July 2009, 05:21   #32
BHPian

Happy to see a GP 1.4 fire here!!

Congrats Nav!! Very glad to see a first owner review of GP 1.4 Fire. Keep us updated on FE of your red machine and/or any other enhancements on your GP. Thanks

- Vish
Old 29th July 2009, 10:15   #33
Senior - BHPian

Its raining RED punto's in forum.
Congrats on the buy!!!
Old 29th July 2009, 10:32   #34
BHPian

Congrats Nav. The FE figures posted by you seem very promising. Keep the thread going with your experiences.

Looking forward to first service of the car and FE figures again .
Old 29th July 2009, 10:36   #35
BHPian

Thanks all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
Congratulations. Nice looking car.

The R15 did not fit in so he kept the AGV

Sell them a buy a Yamaha (Team Fiat Yamaha), and with your AGV you'll feel like Rossi. BTW I'm a Yamaha Fan, I own a RD.
You see, I do own a Yamaha (RX), so no need to sell anything to get another bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
congrats nav,

Nice bold decision to go with Punto 1.4 contrary to the popular choice (MJD)!
Will be interesting to see in-city mileage figures of GP.

BTW Linea 1.4 is giving 10-12 in city.
I wasn't very sure about going for MJD. A MJD owner shared his experience with me and I felt a Petrol is what I'll love to own.
In city with low to medium traffic (no bumper to bumper crawl), over 35odd km's, I have got around 12km/lt with a/c.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilbelsare View Post
Congrats Navendu!

It's heartening to see that mileage figure on a petrol Fiat! And especially in Pune traffic.

BTW, a friend of mine has booked GP E+ 1.4 FIRE from B U Bhandari in the last of week June. He hasn't got the delivery of his car yet. When had you booked the car?

I know there are many Puntos delivered in Pune. But surprisingly, I'm yet to see a Punto on Pune roads.
Thanks to the pathetic traffic in city, I'm certain not to take the car in there, mostly during rush hours. So, I might not be able to test the FE during rush hour.
Office very close to home is helping me in that too.

I had booked my Punto on 2nd July. I was told certain colors can take longer than other. Which color your friend opted for?
You can see a white Punto around SB Road/Univ circle/Pashan area and a red one in Baner or highway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwask82 View Post
Congrats Nav!! Very glad to see a first owner review of GP 1.4 Fire. Keep us updated on FE of your red machine and/or any other enhancements on your GP. Thanks

- Vish
I have specified the initial FE I'm getting in first post.
Not sure why people prefer MJD over 1.4 Petrol.
Old 29th July 2009, 10:49   #36
BHPian

Congrats Navendu. It seems my earlier post has been gobbled up somewhere. Anyhow, congrats for your acquisition.
Old 2nd August 2009, 16:18   #37
BHPian

Congrats on your new ride. Keep us posted on the mileage after the first service; It is believed to improve substantially. BTW how may Km have you clocked so far?
Old 3rd August 2009, 11:17   #38
BHPian

Thanks Gandhi, NutsNBolts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremoo View Post
Congrats on your new ride. Keep us posted on the mileage after the first service; It is believed to improve substantially. BTW how may Km have you clocked so far?
Thanks. I have just crossed 300km mark. As I do ride a few bikes, the progress on car's odometer is a bit slow.

Went on my first decent drive (team lunch) on friday to a scenic place enroute Lonavala. Thankfully everyone agreed to take the non-expressway route, as the route till the destination is nothing less than a straight line that can give salt flats of Bonneville a tough fight.

There were 4 adults in my car (including the driver - me), along with 3-4 person each in Logan, Zen Estilo and Indica V2. The one way distance was around 40km's and with a/c on all the time, and some "spirited" driving (still not pushing beyond 3k rpm) the mileage was 14km/lt (including initial crawl of 7km's to get out of city).

On the way back, via the same route but this time keeping Logan in check. So the speeds this time were touching ton mark and ocassionally going over it as well. The push was to grab the under supply parking slot at office. The mileage figure on the way back went upto 14.3km/lt (this time there were only 3 people in car).

As the engine is new, didn't push through gears beyond 3k rpm but the car lacks a bit of punch, specially for a 90PS engine. I remember on a long empty straight, I was struggling to smoke a M800 (probably the uncle with L board got too excited watching a "red" car) while accelerating from near standstill speeds. Hope things will improve a bit once the engine is put through paces + first servicing.

All the 5 different passangers that were in the car (yeah, it was the most sought car to travel in) were impressed by:
- Comfort.
- Suspension when going over broken surfaces.
- Noise, or the lack of it in the cabin when the car was on move. My boss was not able to realise the speed at which we were travelling. There was a little bit of tyre noise to be heard, but nothing to complain.

Under hard braking the car felt different (than my exp in Indica/Esteem), dunno if its due to new tyres/ABS. Got to drag Kedar once in the car and test, hope he won't mind. Or due to incorrect air pressure, got to check it asap.

Enough is already said about its feel over broken surface. So, won't blow the trumpet any more.

Handling. The car was going through curves nicely, staying in its lane during the numerous twisties (flat surface) taken at around 60ish speeds. There was no washing machine hapenning at the back seat. Then came a test of its handling. There is this down hill left hander that on bikes, I have never taken above 70 (except ZMA). I was around 80 (the speedlimit exceeded warning was beeping in the middle of corner) in car and in the middle of corner there was a very different feeling, I have never experienced, got to know it was understeer.
Old 3rd August 2009, 12:08   #39
BHPian

Nav, very honest review there . Give your bike some rest man and let your hot babe relish .
Old 7th August 2009, 11:49   #40
BHPian

Thanks Gandhi.

Had put on some 100+ km's on the car, on expressway + 4 lane highway, in night.

Some observations.
1. The engine had two modes of operations and it can work in either of them without complaining much.
A) Lazy drive, slot into 4th/5th and you can move along easily in a crawling traffic. Don't expect a quick getaway in this mode, specially if a/c is on and in 5th gear. Yet to test mileage in this mode, over a decent stretch.
B) Fun mode, the engine loves to be revved and once revved hard it feels like a totally different car. I'll take back my previous comments about this car lacking power. Well it is there, may not be tarmac burning performance but enough, that I wanted.

2. The mileage+speed combination is best when driven around 3k or just under 3k rpm. With 4 adults + a/c on at 16deg and blower at 75% of speed. Cruising around 3k rpm doing 80-100 (most of time) with stopping once at toll plaza, once at crossing, 3 time engine shut off, 2 times car reversed. Over ~60km's with an average speed of ~65km/hr, I got an average of 17km/lt. Needless to say, I'm happy.

3. Once the high beam is properly adjusted, it is decent for the cruising speeds of 80-100 on 4 lane roads and slower speeds on city roads.

4. With 4 adults, front people sitting comfortable, the rear two people didn't complain much. Had another friend was there, comfort with 3 adults at back seat would also have been tested.

5. The stock speakers are at most average and at volume 10+ it is not as good to hear as some custom speakers my friends have got in their cars. More so the plastic net covering over the speaker starts to make noise at higher volume.

6. The A pillars block the vision a lot and the quarter glass there is almost useless. Things get a bit complex when having to cross a main road. Got to be very careful. The B pillars are decent but still not perfect. The view from rear windscreen could have been better. What comes to rescue are the RVM's and more so that I can adjust with just one finger without having to move in my seat.
Old 7th August 2009, 14:33   #41
BHPian

Nice feedback - looks like you are getting good mileage figures in real world driving and enjoying the drive to boot. What more can one ask for, right?

Saw a Red Punto at Hinjewadi Chowk in the morning. Yours?

Amit.
Old 26th August 2009, 18:08   #42

I'm all set to buy a 1.4 E+ Red Punto. I've been running through all posts in these forums on Punto. Finally, found yours on the petrol version.

Firstly, congrats man, on being the proud owner of this haute-hot Italian Bella Donna. One look of her sets the pulse racing faster! Might want to tie the lemon-chilli talisman to save her from 'buri nazar'

Petrol version's FE has been a constant cause of flogging from all reviewers, so far. I was shocked to read of city FE as low as 7-8 in some reviews! I hope these turn out false by miles (pun intended). What's your latest city FE take?

One chink that I noticed was the lack of cooling by the ACC in the back seat even at 16.5 degree cabin temperature. What's your experience of the same?

And how's the fit n finish of the cabin, as per your experience?

Do let me know (will help in driving away my last bits of doubts) :-) And wish you happy driving Ms. Daisy around :-)
Old 26th August 2009, 22:13   #43
BHPian

Hey Nav, any updates on the car? Done with 1st service? Has the engine freed up more?

Please update the thread. Looking forward to your detailed report .
Old 26th August 2009, 22:28   #44
BHPian

Hi Nav, good to know that you are also a proud owner of 1.4 Petrol head. I got my delivered 25 days ago and till now I clocked around 700 KM. Amazing ride and I am enjoying every moment with this Italian chick :-)
Yes, certainly this petrol head has two modes of operations and here you are spot on.
But, FE in my case never crossed 11 KM/lt in bumper to bumper Kolkata traffic and 14 KM/lt in Highway (with AC on all the time). How you are managing to extract such an amazing FE out of this beauty. Could you please let us know couple of tricks to extract maximum out of it.
Old 26th August 2009, 23:03   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallant View Post
I got my delivered 25 days ago and till now I clocked around 700 KM. Amazing ride and I am enjoying every moment with this Italian chick :-)
Congrats Gallant for the "Babe in Red".
700 kms in 25 days is good going. Would luv to have you share your ownership experience and pictures please.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks