Team-BHP - Another Punto Story --- Diesel Emotion Pack
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Another Punto Story --- Diesel Emotion Pack (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/62527-another-punto-story-diesel-emotion-pack-2.html)

congrats mate!!. enjoy the car

Quote:

Couple of questions can i use the pete's kit right away or is it advisable to wait for the car to complete more kms. What about using the chrome strips similar to the one seen in Linea
I would advise you to atleast wait for 1 year and check with someone else who has peted their punto and then go for it. It voids the warranty which is given by fiat for 1 year
Chrome strips are not there in punto. in a way it is better. The chrome strips in linea are falling off. so why do you want to get that headache of seeing a missing chromestrip?

Congrats Sridhar again for your beauty. You will recognize me by blr-masala :). Also, don't forget to update your profile with your priced possession.

Is Pete's already available for Punto? Their website doesn't say so.

The FIAT fever had caught many bhpians,earlier it was LINEA now its PUNTO.

Congrats on the Punto,you stood out of the herd by choosing Blue color.
The FE figures u claimed are with AC?

sridharP77, congrats on your punto, awesome colour and FE seems promising.Keep updating this thread with your ownership reports and SErvice reports too.:)

I wanted to see if adding chrome strips will add to the beauty of the car. Any way i plan to check that out soon. I am atleast thinking of adding chrome strips to the doors first.

Regarding mileage i am quite happy. Yes all the mileage posted by me are with 100 % AC. In Bangalore city traffic i am getting 14- 15 km/litre. On the highways i am getting close to 20. I still need to learn to drive diesel vehicles properly. For that last 6- 7 years after driving petrol i tend to be little bit hard on the acceleration.

@ Gandhi Good to know that you are also from Cisco. Yes i called them and they told the pete's kit is available for Punto already. it cost 28 K. So waiting to see if we get the bonus this year, if I get it then I will put in the pete's kit soon. stupid:

Another question why is it mentioned in the manual that we need to fully press the clutch while starting the car. I did not understand the logic behind that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sridharp77 (Post 1409354)
.....Another question why is it mentioned in the manual that we need to fully press the clutch while starting the car. I did not understand the logic behind that.

Probably to avoid cranking the engine with gear engaged. Sometimes, it so happens that people forget that the gear is slotted and crank the engine resulting in a jerk.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sridharp77 (Post 1409354)
@ Gandhi Good to know that you are also from Cisco. Yes i called them and they told the pete's kit is available for Punto already. it cost 28 K. So waiting to see if we get the bonus this year, if I get it then I will put in the pete's kit soon. stupid:

Me too waiting for the all important letter. It is going to decide when and what car I will be able to buy :D.

congrants dude . do put on the petes dabba the car will be a hoot to drive then :D

and yes make sure its specifically for the punto and not the swift! :D

By the way I have completed 2500 km in my Punto. Have plans to go to Sabarimala in another two weeks followed by trip to mantralaya during the month end. So far I am getting a overall mileage of 17 km/liter which include 50 % highway and 50 % city rides. In the Bangalore city traffic at times I have managed to get 18km/liter during my daily drive to office from Bannerghatta Road to Cisco Campus on the Sarjapur - Marathalli outer ring road. But at times during my trip to Bangalore railway station I only managed 13 km/liter. So overall I am very happy with the mileage. The car feels definitely slow in the first and second gears, but slot her into the third gear then there is no catching her. I only use the second gear very rarely. I am able to go over majority of the humps in Bangalore in the third gear itself. The car comfortably pulls from the third gear even at very low speeds. So far I have no problems of car bottom scrapping even with 5 person in the car.

So far I have no major problems except for the driver seat going down. In my case I feel even if I am not touching the height adjustment lever it is going down slightly. Because last time when i drove back from Kerala to Bangalore the seat had gone down by one notch. I never got out of the car till I reached my home in Bangalore so there is no chance of my thigh touching the lever. I plan to bring this up during the first service.

Has anyone got the mudflaps and floor mat for the Punto. i checked with Concorde they are telling they still have not received it. But i read in some other thread that the other dealer in Bangalore is offering those as freebies along with the car. Between i found a site selling Punto accessories. I definitely plan to add the rear spoiler to my car. Also liked the stripe kit as well. Guys please let me know your suggestions. Is there anyone else interested in getting some accessories. here is the link for the site.

Best Selling Accessories for Fiat Grande Punto

Quote:

Originally Posted by sridharp77 (Post 1406077)
@KuttappanAbhi, For me the experience with Concorde was good. You need to push the guys a little bit for things to happen.

I had my Blackberry pearl connected with Blue and me. it was working fine fro the day one. all of sudden from last week B&M stopped working. i took the car to Concorde Dairy Circle. they have not idea what to do. after waiting for couple of hours. they came and told me that they have called some on (phone) from fiat and that guy is on leave. they said they will call me today and fix it.

after you get used to B&M its very hard to live without.:Frustrati

Congrats sridharp77! blue looks Cool for a hot hatch

Sigh! each Punto thread I read makes me more and more impatient! I am to get delivery by mid of this week.

Congrats to all new Punto-ers! Safe motoring to all.

Congrats Sridhar, blue looks fabulous on Punto. Is it only the shade of blue or there is any other shade of blue in punto ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shivashara (Post 1435683)
Congrats Sridhar, blue looks fabulous on Punto. Is it only the shade of blue or there is any other shade of blue in punto ?

Thats the only blue shade Punto's got as of now.

@ Sridhar. 2500Kms. Congrats! Safe Motoring.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hrishiz (Post 1435764)
Thats the only blue shade Punto's got as of now.

@ Sridhar. 2500Kms. Congrats! Safe Motoring.

I wish they had that (peacock?) blue that they show in their brochure. Would have bought it eyes closed. Maybe it is a photoshop of the current blue, who knows ??