Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2009, 12:30   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Congratulations puneet! The GC can be increased with better tyres. One inch on the higher side.
Are you recommending increasing the tyre diameter by 2 inches??

I have serious doubts that is feasable/advisable....
Old 15th August 2009, 17:17   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Congrats puneetiitr

Not really I have observed that Hyundai's ac(Observed this in Getz, i10 & Santro) are not as effective as those in Maruti cars(Alto, Swift, Wagon R, Baleno, Esteem).

Oops! funny though , somehow my observations have been exactly opposite to Technocrat's. I have been in friend's swift , wagonR and i myself have owned a Getz which i just sold off last month and also been in other Hyundais like the i10 and santro. In my case, the maruti ac has always been compararitively effectless compared to the Hyundais. The getz ac was infact fantastic. But maybe its just my point of view. Never could really come to terms with maruti cars acs
Old 15th August 2009, 17:37   #18
BHPian

The A/C I think varies from model to model and can't be generalised for a company as a whole. But I own a Santro and personally I feel its A/C could be better. But on the upside the small compressor means it does n't tap into my engine there by not affecting the performance or fuel efficiency too much.
Old 16th August 2009, 13:29   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1968chensaro View Post
Is it a problem or just my perception?
Great buy dear puneetiitr.

I have a doubt. I had posted this doubt in other thread, but there is not reply from anybody. Can you try to reply my querry. I have once again listed my doubt below:

" Friends,

Recently I went for test drive of I20 diesel. Specifically I asked for the Magna model, because Asto is out of my reach.

I felt getting in and out of the driver's seat is very difficult. I tried to adjust the steering column (both reach and rake) and driver seat to get a comfortable postion so that I can get in and get out of the car easily. What ever postion I set, my knees fouled with the steering wheel (I am 5 feet & 11 inches tall). This happens when I have my feet planted away from Accelerator/brake/clutch. If I get this position correct by having the steering colum lifted to top most position and moving away the driver seat, then reaching the pedals becomes a problem.

Even in my Maruti 800 I dont have this problem. I am able to get in and out very easily without my knee fouling with the steering. Also the reach to pedal is very easy. I tried the same with Santro, Jazz and many other vehicles.

My findings are as below:
Maruti 800, Swift, Santro - No fouling, easy in and out, easy driving postion
Jazz, I20 - fouling and not comfortable
Scorpio - very comfortable

Do anybody have a difference of opinion and try to throw some more fodder to this discussion. request you to add some more vehicles also."

Dear puneetiitr, can you narrate your observation.

dude maybe its a seat height issue. you felt scorpio is better!! but its hard to beleive that cars like i20 and jazz are not comfortable!!
Old 3rd September 2009, 10:26   #20

Now done with 3000 Kms....

With the continuation of my experiences with my I20 Magna, I would like to highlight few things
1. Fuel efficiency: 85% highway, 15 % city with 90% AC on got 16.3 l/kms
City driving with 90% AC on got 12 l/kms, both figures are calculated on the tank full to tank full basis.
2. Feeling a bit let down on the second gear with AC on.

Also, I would like to know about the advantages and disadvantages of doing the filming on the front glass as I find that it will be helpful in keeping out the heat because I have already applied the film on all the other glasses but still it is turning out to be not much of use.
Old 3rd September 2009, 13:04   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneetiitr View Post

2. Feeling a bit let down on the second gear with AC on.
I think it is due to the 1.2 motor. I TD'd the CRDI and did not find it lacking in pick up---not as awesome and sudden as the Verna, but more linear,like a petrol engine.
My experience is quite opposite to what Sirish said in the Overdrive TV show that the i20 was the worst of the lot as it had to be worked up to revvs higher than 3500 to pull on hilly roads----but I've not driven it on a hilly road, I must confess. However, I've driven it up a steep slope in 2nd gear with AC on and it pulled very well.

Most Viewed