Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2009, 00:12   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

What's your tyre pressure?
Old 30th July 2009, 07:03   #17

The tyre pressure always Front 33 Rear 30 used to check before beginning a long drive
Old 30th July 2009, 10:38   #18
BHPian

A Record!

This is the first time I'm hearing about mileage over 30, it is definitely a record of sorts, at least in India..
And man, you seem to be a special driver.
I think we need to put you to drive under laboratory observations.
What say guys??
Old 30th July 2009, 13:41   #19
Senior - BHPian

congrats. welcome aboard the linea ship. ahoy!.

thats an awesome mileage..........
Old 30th July 2009, 14:06   #20

Mileage of 30 on highways is awesome! How much do you get, driving in the city? It can't be very high if you drive in Bangalore
Old 30th July 2009, 14:18   #21
BHPian

Hey Cliffhanger makes sense. A video analysis would be great greg do share a few driving tips,so that we Linea petrol owners can get better mileage
Old 30th July 2009, 14:34   #22
Senior - BHPian

Amazing mileage figures you got there, Greg. Seems really hard to believe though, even with the frugal multijet engine.
But if you're able to get that, do post some tips for the benefit of everyone on this forum. Also, noticed that all your snaps are of the instrument cluster, when are you going to put up some snaps of the car?

Do post a more detailed review of the ownership experience and any notable experiences with your car.

Wish you many miles of driving pleasure in the Linea.
Old 30th July 2009, 14:55   #23
BHPian

Congrats Greg on your car and the lovely mileage.

Your Fuel Tank in all the Reading is at "FULL" . Is the reading only based on the data immediately after refuelling ??? I suggest you do a reading check at Fuel Empty that will give accurate results. or in other words Tank full to tank full (manual calculation).

and All the best for many more happy miles with the beauty !
Old 30th July 2009, 18:41   #24
BHPian

Congrats Greg on your car, somehow i missed your ownership thread and today i got this link from my fellow worker saying "its awesome" to get a mileage like this while everyone suspect Linea about low mileage. Great to see Fiat Linea performing this way. Do keep us updated.
Old 30th July 2009, 20:12   #25
BHPian

Thats a really good mileage.

I'm sorry to say that someone who matures from a smaller petrol car needs to learn a bit on driving a diesel.

Greg, your mileage itself prooves that you have PERFECTED the art of driving a diesel. Kudos!! []
Old 30th July 2009, 20:18   #26
BHPian

I am trying difficulty convincing my colleagues in my company that a Linea can actually give a mileage of 30kmpl.

Did i say 30???
Old 31st July 2009, 01:36   #27
BHPian

Congrats Greg on your new car. Amazing mileage you get even though its hard to beleive. Please do share with us the secret of your marathon driving. Always a pleasure to read the positive aspects of Linea.
Old 31st July 2009, 08:29   #28
BHPian

Guys , Guys , this is no amazing feat . i call all Linea Owners to get the AcB screeen show 30 + FE . ITs simple :

What greg has done here (i refer to the pictures) is taken first picture just after Tank Full. Then drove for few kms (20 to 30km) at 30kmpl FE (u will need to keep the Instant consumption screen on to keep an eye on tht while driving) and that what is shown as AcB in the next picture. You can achieve 40kmph also in this way.

I have managed 28 + kmpl for first 50 odd km after a tank full on a highway stretch. Its when you drive over the entire 400 odd km will you get the "Average" reading. i guess thts why its called as Average in layman terms.
Old 31st July 2009, 09:39   #29

Even i got the doubt for average reading. please check the fuel tank reading in the images it has moved only few inches in both the trips after crossing more than 150 kms. i don't think fuel tank reading will work on averages. i am planning to do FULL tank method soon then the truth will come out. i have driven 80 - 95 kmph check the timing i have reached 180 odd kms in 3 1/2 hrs with only toll stopping's
my assumption is all diesel linea's will achive this mileage it depends on driving!!!
Old 31st July 2009, 10:28   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg70 View Post
Even i got the doubt for average reading. please check the fuel tank reading in the images it has moved only few inches in both the trips after crossing more than 150 kms. i don't think fuel tank reading will work on averages. i am planning to do FULL tank method soon then the truth will come out. i have driven 80 - 95 kmph check the timing i have reached 180 odd kms in 3 1/2 hrs with only toll stopping's
my assumption is all diesel linea's will achive this mileage it depends on driving!!!
simply check your AcA if it has not been reset since you got your car . that will tell you a story of its own . Do share with us.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks