Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2009, 13:56   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
kp i thought someone had already got rotors (or were they pads) on the crdi.
I think those were brake pads installed in UNDEAD's getz.
Old 30th July 2009, 14:03   #17
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the club!! I guess we do need to have a Bangalore Getz CRDi meet some time soon (I'll of course enjoy my drive to B'lore from Chennai, thru the GQ )
Old 30th July 2009, 14:15   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the car!

I can talk about the alloys and tyres. We have a Getz running Aura alloys and 195/60 R14 tyres. No sound or anything of that sort. It's absolutely trouble free.

Advans should be the best bet in 14". Good VFM also. Michelin PP2 is not available. AD07 is easily available. Also, for the kind of driving oyu are going to be doing with that car, AD07s are the best! You've seen the AD07s on Kartik's Swift. You know how good they are.
Old 30th July 2009, 15:23   #19
BHPian

Now the stock car is a real crazy one. With a driver and owner who is willing to make it even more crazier, thats something everyone has to wait for atleast to know what can be unleashed out of this pocket rocket . All said congrats raj hope you get the rocket soon

Shyam
Old 30th July 2009, 15:30   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas8700 View Post
By the way i dont think you can install both RD and Petes at same time!!
This is news to me, thanks for the info you were right. Just spoke to RD karthik and he says in gen 2 crdis you cant increase pulse width and you can only play around with rail pressure.

So its RD ecu for my car and not petes box.

@Kpzen: sorry to disappoint you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Welcome to the club!! I guess we do need to have a Bangalore Getz CRDi meet some time soon (I'll of course enjoy my drive to B'lore from Chennai, thru the GQ )
Keep a tab on bangy meets especially on 2nd week of august.
@mclaren1885 say "Some thing is coming up" at that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Congrats on the car!

Advans should be the best bet in 14". Good VFM also. Michelin PP2 is not available. AD07 is easily available. Also, for the kind of driving oyu are going to be doing with that car, AD07s are the best! You've seen the AD07s on Kartik's Swift. You know how good they are.
Thanks, I am driving my friends getz crdi and witnessing myself this saturday in one of the bangy meet.

@ShyamSCrdi - Thanks dude.
Old 30th July 2009, 16:00   #21
Senior - BHPian

BRRaj,

Congrats on the little rocket!

Guess this is sure head to become a collectors item!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
... Hope this thread is not running like the other one that happily crossed a century post and still waiting for the vehicle...
Don't you, even for a moment, think that I did not notice this. We need to meet, post the delivery of the vehicle!

(PS: I did not notice that it crossed a century over there! )
Old 30th July 2009, 16:12   #22
BHPian

Raj, dude congrats on the new booking, hyundai and crdi again. What's the color, red again?
But honestly, I am shocked and a little sad to know that you parted ways with your elantra. I thought that was a real mean machine after all you did under the hood and still have the picture of you with it from the last meet!!
The real regret, I could not drive it while it was still with you!
On second thoughts, I guess I have to join the "quick bangy meet" 2nd week of Aug, to check out the new born!
Old 30th July 2009, 16:15   #23
BHPian

Hoo boy! Thats gonna be one pimped up machine!

Congrats and welcome. What colour? Or did I miss the note on it? And which dealer is this? Tried so hard for sun films and didn't get it as a freebie.
Old 30th July 2009, 16:45   #24
BHPian

HappyWheels, nnandi, indigoedge

thanks guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnandi View Post
Raj, dude congrats on the new booking, hyundai and crdi again. What's the color, red again?
But honestly, I am shocked and a little sad to know that you parted ways with your elantra. I thought that was a real mean machine after all you did under the hood and still have the picture of you with it from the last meet!!
The real regret, I could not drive it while it was still with you!
On second thoughts, I guess I have to join the "quick bangy meet" 2nd week of Aug, to check out the new born!
As mentioned in my first post its Silver.

Hey, dont be shocked it is still not parted that means i sold my car to a bhpian and he is one of the regulars in bangy night drive. guess?
I will make sure that you get a test drive in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigoedge View Post
Hoo boy! Thats gonna be one pimped up machine!

Congrats and welcome. What colour? Or did I miss the note on it? And which dealer is this? Tried so hard for sun films and didn't get it as a freebie.
Advaith hyundai residency road.
For what ever freebees i have mentioned he just said 'done sir'.
Old 30th July 2009, 17:45   #25
BHPian

Hi Congrats on your booking hope you will have a safe drive around in Getz

Yes it has an amazing engine but some how it doesn't tick all the boxes for a good car to own,(my interpretation of a car = speed is not everything) but would have preferred to see you in a magnum than that puny little rocket.
You still have time, invest a lakh more and you will happier in a "magnum second hand" rather than getz (personal suggestion)
Old 30th July 2009, 18:21   #26
BANNED

magnum is the old daewoo nubira right ? [ not sure but its some previous daewoo model] the chassis was originaly designed for a gasoline[ but during its time it was pretty putt well together for a diesel also]. if the diesel engine is plonked in most probably, the oil sump would be seated in a low position.

just be carefull not o go over speed bumps in a high speed. things whould be alright.

but still compared to hyundai daewoo was more or less easy to maintain. but not a chevy. it will be heavy on the pocket.

just my two cents.

Sorry for OT
Old 30th July 2009, 18:55   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
D-Day is on august 10th.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Don't you, even for a moment, think that I did not notice this. We need to meet, post the delivery of the vehicle!

(PS: I did not notice that it crossed a century over there! )
See, surprisingly here also its on 10th August

And I am sure I can just drop in to one of the OTRs to meet you.
Old 30th July 2009, 19:24   #28
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Congrats Rajiv. Can't wait to see this one in action on our drives. And I shall dare say, lets go all out on this one ?

@ raj.barcode : I think he should stick to the getz over the magnum. I would say, just wait and watch.

When I checked the Pete's box for the Verna the other night and also the Getz I was pretty sure the connections were so that it could increase the rail pressure and not the pulse width. Did ask around a few people but no one was able to give me a proper answer. And couldn't meet up with Peter when I was in Cochin to clarify. So my observation was right.

Rajiv, I would say upgrade to 15'' if you can. But the downside is you will be running on really low profile.
Old 30th July 2009, 19:28   #29
BANNED

what there too much to know about of the tuning boxes??

here everyone knows a thing or two about tuning boxes. lolz. its been there since the days of the VW tdi days
Old 30th July 2009, 19:40   #30
Senior - BHPian

Hey Raj, congrats! This is going to be a real rocket. Can't wait to see how the mods turn out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks