Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2010, 12:21   #61

Hi All,
my FIL plans to buy a Xylo but is confused between the E4 and the E6, the price difference is roughly 55-60k. For all the frills given in the E6, minus the 2din audio, is it worth spending 55-60k extra?
Also, he has a 5yr old Versa DXII run approx 55k and pretty well maintained/good condition.
True value in Goa is offering just 1.4L for the car, is it too less?

Please advise as he needs to decide ASAP (latest 2-3days).

Thanks a ton in advance
Old 24th February 2010, 13:32   #62
Senior - BHPian

I think the E6 is a better buy. The E6 used to come with the 2din then, I think the 2din is not available anymore on the E6 too. Kindly check.
The E4 does not have fog lamp both front and rear, side body cladding, body coloured front grille and the mirror stalks are black. I am sure you can live without these. Yet, I think the E6 was a better option atleast when I bought mine.
The interiors are confusing as they keep changing the options.

Last edited by beejay : 24th February 2010 at 13:42.
Old 24th February 2010, 14:12   #63

thanks for the advice beejay.
Since the car is for my FIL, i am confused if the extra frills provided in E6 will be of use for him or not.
The 2-din would have certainly tilted my decision in E6s favor.
Old 25th February 2010, 10:21   #64
BHPian

I drove the Vesrion which has Captain Seats in the Middle.

They have a Celebration Model now too.

The Vibration is VERY BAD. I can feel the Vibration all the time from the Steering Wheel and Gear Lever.

The Vehicle is very spacious.

Do not try to take a Turn at 110 KMPH as the Vehicle starts bobbing at the front. The people sitting behind though feel the vehicle to be very safe. The Front and the Rear of the vehicle have different ride charateristics.

I found the Handling and Brakes to be quiet good.

It is a very good vehicle if you have a Large Family.

It has very good Torque and the vehicle picks up speed quiet well. You can hear the Engine all the time(after sometime you will get a Headache).

Overall it is a very good vehicle but needs some Tweaking.

The Interiors are quiet good and the seats quiet comfortable.
Old 25th February 2010, 22:08   #65

mahindra has removed some key features from its E6 variant to try and sell more numbers of its E8 and Celebration edition models. What a waste.
Old 31st March 2010, 01:17   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajrockerboy View Post
thanks for the advice beejay.
Since the car is for my FIL, i am confused if the extra frills provided in E6 will be of use for him or not.
The 2-din would have certainly tilted my decision in E6s favor.
Hi Ajrockerboy, So what happenedfinally ? Have you booked your Xylo? If yes, please share pics and details.
Old 6th April 2010, 10:30   #67
Senior - BHPian

Did a tank full to tank full mileage test last week in Coimbatore. 12.95 achieved. I told them I would do the driving. 20 kms city driving and 30kms spent on the highway.
Old 10th May 2010, 11:52   #68
Senior - BHPian

Update- 20000 kms

Well, its been some time now.

The E6 had done 20,000 kms on the odo and here goes my short review. Excuse me as its going to be in parts as I am unable to access the net for longer periods for a few days.

No major problems as such, except for a very harrowing experince in the middle of the night in the middle of nowhere. So let me start with that. Wish to mention that this was the only time it had me thinking if I had made a mistake in choosing the Xylo over the Innova. Yes, I was almost a 90% Innova buyer. Lets not go OT and make this another Xylo vs Innova thread. I TD the Xylo and then I thought the innova to be boring especially on the hills and it did take time to reach 3 digit speeds. The Crde on the Xylo made me just go for it. Peace. This is just my view. Now back to the story.

Was driving back with my folks from Coimbatore to Coonoor at around 11pm when the hose connecting the manifold and intercooler gave way. The clip just fell off. No amount of tying and fixing could help me get it fit.

Called the help line and the guy told me to keep driving and its just the silencer pipe thats given way. I told him the silencer was intact and it was the manifold hose.
Old 11th May 2010, 10:47   #69
Senior - BHPian

Was irked by his response and " dont care" attitude that I got home and wrote to customer care immediately. The emphasis again being on the DESI and Japanese purchase decision.
A team came the next day to fix the issue and the mech connected to the ECU to assure me nothing had gone wrong. They checked the EGR valve again as they had replaced the same previously. All said and done, I carry a clip always, just in case.

Surprisingly, later during the week I received a mail from Mr. Goenka and I think its right for me to share a few details of the mail here.

Quote:
"Thanks for the detailed account of Things Gone Wrong with your Xylo. I am writing to you not so much in my capacity as the President of the Mahindra Automotive Business but more so as a person who would some day like to see buying Desi as a matter of pride and not a compromise. I am not trying to defend any of the problems that you have faced. In the current day and age there is no excuse for any product not to give satisfactory performance in the hands of the customer in the way the customer wishes to use the product and I am leaving it to our customer care team to take care of your issues.

What I am writing to you about is “giving up on desi”. Let me assure you that we do not cut any corners in our product development that will knowingly lead to inferior products. Yes, if we are going to sell a product 1 ½ Lac Rs cheaper than Japanese competetion, we do have to save money in non-functional aspects of the vehicle but knowingly we would not cut corners on mechanical aspects – driveline, suspension, steering, brakes.

The history of product development in India is relatively short. Scorpio just 8 years ago was almost the first product that was fully design developed with Indian resources. We have matured a lot from Scorpio to Xylo days and will mature even more from Xylo to the new vehicles. We will catch up with the best in the world sooner than the world thinks but we can do that only with the support (and little tolerance) from the customer who would like to see desi as a matter of pride and not a compromise. Japanese got there with desi buying from Japanese for decades inspite of poor quality of japanese products in the Sixties.

I did not have to write this mail but I decided to write because for some reason I thought you are the kind of person who will like to see that happen. All I am asking for is be with us and help us get there."

Last edited by Rehaan : 2nd June 2010 at 17:28. Reason: Formatting
Old 11th May 2010, 11:03   #70
BHPian

Hey that's great to hear beejay. Sorry about the trouble you had to go through. That's one thing i liked about mahindra they really take it seriously if you escalate it to the right people. I had a similar situation where i had the problem with the egr making some noise when i first bought my Xylo in october of 2009. I had called up the 24x7 customer care number and complained regarding it. I got that fixed long time ago but still i got a call last month asking whether it was fixed in a timely fashion and whether it was performing well. I get calls from sireesh auto asking the performance of my xylo almost every 2weeks. The customer care is really effective with mahindra, but maybe not completely knowledgeable technically .

Last edited by rocky080 : 11th May 2010 at 11:08.
Old 11th May 2010, 23:37   #71
BHPian

Seriously,
Even i can vouch for the customer satisfaction part from Mahindra

Two weeks ago i had got a call from Koncept Automobiles asking if my Xylo was fine and if i encountered any problem with the service executive..
Then they asked me 5 questions regarding the day of delivery... and i gave 6 on 10 for the question on timely delivery as i had promised at 11.30 but got it at 4 !!
So this kind lady took down my feedback and the very next 2 hrs. the service excutive called me up and said sorry sir if you had problems with me , but your feedback has costed me, he said that you have given 6 in one of the questions (even though i had given 8-9 in most of the questions), so the Vp has blasted me off.. so i have justified them and they will call you again, so please can you give a higher marking?

I was immensely happy at the way mahindra acted on the feedback

regards,
Sahil
Old 12th May 2010, 09:12   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post
Seriously,
Even i can vouch for the customer satisfaction part from Mahindra

Two weeks ago i had got a call from Koncept Automobiles asking if my Xylo was fine and if i encountered any problem with the service executive..
Then they asked me 5 questions regarding the day of delivery... and i gave 6 on 10 for the question on timely delivery as i had promised at 11.30 but got it at 4 !!
So this kind lady took down my feedback and the very next 2 hrs. the service excutive called me up and said sorry sir if you had problems with me , but your feedback has costed me, he said that you have given 6 in one of the questions (even though i had given 8-9 in most of the questions), so the Vp has blasted me off.. so i have justified them and they will call you again, so please can you give a higher marking?

I was immensely happy at the way mahindra acted on the feedback

regards,
Sahil
yes, even i have noted this in my scorpio's case. if we give them 6 or less, then they get a blast from their seniors, so they will always request you to give atleast 7 or above.
Old 12th May 2010, 09:37   #73
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for going OT. Its annoying when someone forces you to mark them as they wish. is it not best to be honest and judge them right. You are doing them good this way. The other being more harm.
Old 2nd June 2010, 13:15   #74
Senior - BHPian

20K service done

Back from the 20k service.

Engine oil and filters replaced. Billed 6593.
Old 2nd June 2010, 17:38   #75
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Surprisingly, later during the week I received a mail from Mr. Goenka ....
Great to see this.
A hands-on involvement from the top counts for a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post
....the service excutive called me up and said sorry sir if you had problems with me , but your feedback has costed me, he said that you have given 6 in one of the questions (even though i had given 8-9 in most of the questions), so the Vp has blasted me off.. so i have justified them and they will call you again, so please can you give a higher marking?...
On one hand, good that they are actually doing something with the feedback, on the other hand, why should you have to change the feedback when nothing has changed except some begging?

Its entirely another matter that a feedback form is being directly shown to the person you have rated!

Ideally, the Senior should have brought this up with the sales exec and ensured that he didn't score low on the same area in his next feedback rating.

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 2nd June 2010 at 17:39.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks