Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2009, 10:22   #136
BHPian

Hi Guys, Good morning !
Got my Car back after service and fixing of niggling issues (got it on the 24th but audit at office is bugging me and forcing me to stay at office for 14-15 hours a day).

Mixed feelings about the service. I could see a drastic change in the attitude of the TASS guys but still there are loose ends which need to be quickly fixed.

Overall i am happy with the service and could see a visible change in the last 3 months, especially on the customer care front.

Will write a detailed post on sunday with pics.

Btw, i am planning to install sunfilm for the front windshield and fill Nitrogen for the tyres on Monday. Your expert advise needed.

Also, heard from the TASS guys that there is a cream available with Amway which once applied on the car (after a shampoo wash) retains the gloss for a long time (say, 2 weeks ??). So no need of a tiring waxing excercise !.
Have you heard of this ?

Last edited by bnzjon : 28th August 2009 at 10:24.
Old 1st September 2009, 03:22   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit27 View Post
Well I have said befor and will say it gain even if this upsets Linea owners ! Value addition and cost cuttign are 2 differrent things Logan was all about cost cutting finally there was nothig left in to be sold or people to buy , sadly Linea has also taken this path to an extent . As an underdog you need to better the competition on overall customer experience not just Price . It is precisely because of this Toyota has improved and Honda Civic has dipped while Jetta is a non starter . Well the segmenation is right and wrong both as Linea should have been pitched up against Civic not against City or Verna.
If Linea would have been pitted against the Civic then you can take it from me that it wouldn't have sold even a quarter of what it is selling now. And not to forget it would have required bigger mills. Secondly Fiat has now outsourced many parts to Tata, they've not cut cost by stinting on equipment. Actually I find that funny as Linea is the most feature-packed in its class. So the comparison with Logan is totally out of context.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Also, heard from the TASS guys that there is a cream available with Amway which once applied on the car (after a shampoo wash) retains the gloss for a long time (say, 2 weeks ??). So no need of a tiring waxing excercise !.
Have you heard of this ?
Well, I've used Amway car shampoo. It was brilliant but I have no idea about this cream. Sorry. I also read somewere in this forum to stay away from Amway car products. For what reason was not mentioned!
Old 1st September 2009, 09:03   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, I've used Amway car shampoo. It was brilliant but I have no idea about this cream. Sorry. I also read somewere in this forum to stay away from Amway car products. For what reason was not mentioned
The team-bhp car aeshetic forums rcommend shampoo infact

What bnz is talking about is a a product called Amway silicone glaze. it works great after waxing. Can be used to detail the car to make the wax shine longer
Old 1st September 2009, 09:44   #139
Senior - BHPian

Amway silicone glaze is nothing but a wax & polish.
I tried a sachet pocket.it's really worthful.but take sometime for buffing not like formula1 or turtle wax.
Old 1st September 2009, 10:08   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
.it's really worthful.but take sometime for buffing not like formula1 or turtle wax
when there is no pain there is no gain!!
Old 1st September 2009, 10:28   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
when there is no pain there is no gain!!
Yep,What you said is right
But avertable pain is not good for health
But i didn't find any much difference between Silicon Glaze and Formula 1/turtle wax.
Old 22nd November 2009, 00:31   #142
BHPian

Sunil no updates from 28'th Aug'! You said you were going to post a detailed account of the servicing along with the pics. So?
Old 25th November 2009, 20:17   #143
BHPian

Friends, today on my way to office, i went almost dry.
On an emergency, rushed to the nearest petrol bunk to fill petrol.

It was a Shell outlet and was almost empty.
I was greeted with folded hands, free economic times and windsheild cleaned.

After filling in full tank, i was shocked to see the receipt showing a higher price.

Normal unleaded Petrol was costing around Rs. 53.95 against Rs. 48.65 in other places

Is this the price in all Shell outlets ? Is it because they being a private provider and no subsidy being granted to them ?

Shell Price list as below :
Petrol Unleaded - Rs. 53.95
Petrol Premium - Rs. 55.65
Diesel - Rs. 39.95

The attendent said that Shell "Normal unleaded" petrol is equivalent to the Premium Petrol offered in other bunks. Is this true ?

Is there any other advantage ?

Disclaimer : Pardon my ignorance.
Old 25th November 2009, 22:26   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The attendent said that Shell "Normal unleaded" petrol is equivalent to the Premium Petrol offered in other bunks. Is this true ?
Haha!!. thats sheer marketing strategy. But i have always found that on filling shell petrol my car gives 5 % extra mileage. I really dont know why
Old 26th November 2009, 10:17   #145
BHPian

Better mileage with Shell Petrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Haha!!. thats sheer marketing strategy. But i have always found that on filling shell petrol my car gives 5 % extra mileage. I really dont know why

Ashwin, what you said seems to be true in my case !

Yesterday i drove around 70 kms around the city dropping few of my office mates between 11 pm and 2 am (midnight).

Most of the streches i drove at a speed of 60 to 80 kmph.

I was shocked to see the MID showing an average consumption of 17.8 kmpl

I normally get a mileage of 13+ on similar situations earlier and was using BP.

A 30 percent increase in mileage using Shell petrol
Old 26th November 2009, 11:14   #146
Senior - BHPian

Every day when i am crossing the Shell Pertol Bunk.
I look for the advt board stating the Diesel price is now 43.98 as other Bunks.
If the board is present,i just go and fill tank full diesel.
Normally the price is little bit in higher side.Rs 2 for Diesel and Rs.4 for Petrol.

Using Shell Diesel,i feel the engine is silent ,smooth and pickup is too good.
But FE is same as IOC Diesels between 14 and 15kmpl with 100% AC and City driving.

If they reduce the price,I am the first one to fill diesels.
Old 26th November 2009, 13:06   #147
BHPian

Karthik, i dint feel any difference in the smoothness or pickup factor. Maybe, a question of perception.

Anyways, i watch for the same. I will extermely happy if all of what you had mentioned plus a higher FE. I know i am greedy but Rs.5 i pay extra should give me something extra.
Old 26th November 2009, 16:28   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Karthik, i dint feel any difference in the smoothness or pickup factor. Maybe, a question of perception.

Anyways, i watch for the same. I will extermely happy if all of what you had mentioned plus a higher FE. I know i am greedy but Rs.5 i pay extra should give me something extra.
I own a City and I have found that with Shell, engine is bit smoother. Mileage wise, yes, I got a marginally higher mileage than IOC: with Shell it was 10.9 and with IOC it was 10.2.

Congratulations on your Linea. I am sure you are getting lot of admirations. Linea looks royal in this colour indeed. HAd I not taken City, it would have been Linea for sure.

-Pratim

Last edited by pratim : 26th November 2009 at 16:31.
Old 30th November 2009, 01:26   #149
BHPian

Your advise required

Friends, i am visiting TASS tommorrow for some niggling issues.

I have completed 9000 Kms so far. I havent changed the engine oil during first service (as per FIAT manual, engine oil change is required only at 15000 km).

Last service was done at 3000 kms (first service).

I find the engine noise high recently and the ride is not as smooth as before.

Please advise if it is wise to change the engine oil now at 9000 kms (or) should i wait for Fiat recommended 15000 kms ?
Old 30th November 2009, 09:13   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Friends, i am visiting TASS tommorrow for some niggling issues.

I have completed 9000 Kms so far. I havent changed the engine oil during first service (as per FIAT manual, engine oil change is required only at 15000 km).

Last service was done at 3000 kms (first service).

I find the engine noise high recently and the ride is not as smooth as before.

Please advise if it is wise to change the engine oil now at 9000 kms (or) should i wait for Fiat recommended 15000 kms ?
perception plays
I already spoke to TATA CSM and other techinical guys of FIAT,they advised me to change on 2nd service as the oil is of high grade even it withstand for 25K kms (depends on the city the car is running).
Wait for 2nd service and change it.
Enjoy and Drive Safe
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks