Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2009, 10:38   #151
BHPian

Thanks Karthik.
Checked with the Service Advisor and he is clueless on this. He was surprised that i dint change the oil during 1st service.

He recommended to change now. I showed him the FIAT manual and he is thoroughly confused now.

Good that you took the opinion from the technical guys and it matches with the manual. I will wait for the 2nd service.
Old 30th November 2009, 17:26   #152
BHPian

Rusting on Door Panels

My doors have started rusting again. Refer my earlier pages in the same thread.. The rusted portion was earlier chemically treated and painted. It has started rusting after 2 months all over again.

I reported this to TASS during first week of Oct'09. After contast follow up and contacting Mangesh, CEO corner etc, i am getting new doors after waiting for almost 7 weeks. These 7 weeks were frustrating as i had no clue on whats happening at TASS and FIAT end.

The new doors now need to be painted at the TASS and it would take 4 days. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I am not sure if they could match the colour as factory finish.

attached are some of the photographs of the rusted portion.

Rear Left door :
Bravo! It’s a Vocal White Linea - Aal Izz Well (Now sold and upgraded to the TJet)-rear-door-1.jpg

Rear Right door :
Bravo! It’s a Vocal White Linea - Aal Izz Well (Now sold and upgraded to the TJet)-rear-door-right-1.jpg

Rear Left door :
Bravo! It’s a Vocal White Linea - Aal Izz Well (Now sold and upgraded to the TJet)-rear-door-2.jpg

Door Lock :
Bravo! It’s a Vocal White Linea - Aal Izz Well (Now sold and upgraded to the TJet)-door-lock.jpg

Last edited by bnzjon : 30th November 2009 at 17:29. Reason: Pictures added
Old 30th November 2009, 18:02   #153
Senior - BHPian

man, this is nuts on a June 09 car. Having it for the second time is sheer carelessness from the Service. Escalate this!
Old 30th November 2009, 18:31   #154
BHPian

Skywalker, i had escalated this to the level of Rajeev Kapoor.
Thats the reason that they are replacing the doors with a written apology.

Clear case of manufacturing defect.
Old 30th November 2009, 20:01   #155
BHPian

A manufacturing defect. Fiat cars are under warranty against rust, so warranty must be honoured.
Old 30th November 2009, 21:51   #156
Senior - BHPian

oh ****!!

what the ****?!!! . It is rusting all over again?!!. toobad!!. never thought the whole pillar would rust like this even after the dinitrol treatment you did!!.

sorry mate!.

what about the update?. did you take it to sairaj?
Old 30th November 2009, 23:19   #157
BHPian

Ashwin, the dinitrol treatment is for the inner part and doesnot cover the outer body.

I am in touch with Sairaj for the last 2 months. He had promised that he will take the car today but called me saying that the paint booth is still not ready and he will take the car on Wednesday. I am hearing this excuse for the 4th time in last 2 weeks.

I am fedup. I have completely lost hope on these guys now.

I will wait till wednesday. If nothing is happening, i will just park the car in their yard and walk off. I spoke to Vikram as well as Mangesh. Have also send a strong worded mail to both of them asking for replacement of the car as i have visited the TASS atleast 15 times in 6 months.

Lets see what these guys are upto.

I dont want this to affect me personally. One last chance. I will see if things work, else i will sell the car off and buy another brand which could give me SOME peace of mind.
Old 1st December 2009, 01:07   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Friends, i am visiting TASS tommorrow for some niggling issues.

I have completed 9000 Kms so far. I havent changed the engine oil during first service (as per FIAT manual, engine oil change is required only at 15000 km).

Last service was done at 3000 kms (first service).

I find the engine noise high recently and the ride is not as smooth as before.

Please advise if it is wise to change the engine oil now at 9000 kms (or) should i wait for Fiat recommended 15000 kms ?
Well if you want an oil change then no one can stop you, but the oil will last for 15K kms.
Quote:
Checked with the Service Advisor and he is clueless on this. He was surprised that i dint change the oil during 1st service.

He recommended to change now. I showed him the FIAT manual and he is thoroughly confused now.

Good that you took the opinion from the technical guys and it matches with the manual. I will wait for the 2nd service.
The SA's is an idiot in that case. He's the one who should be pointing out the oil change interval to you and not the other way around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
A manufacturing defect. Fiat cars are under warranty against rust, so warranty must be honoured.
Yes Fiat is one of the few companies to offer anti-perforation warranty. Its mentioned clearly in the manual. Dont worry, FIAT will bloody well honour it.
Old 2nd December 2009, 13:43   #159
BHPian

I couldn't go to the TASS even today bcos of emergency(BCP) at Office. I will give the car for change of doors etc on monday.

Will give a detailed update later.
Old 3rd December 2009, 10:13   #160
BANNED

@bnzjon

FIAT discontinued this color in around June/July. Is it because of this rusting/paint problem ?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_rider View Post
Just got an update from the Tata guys ; Vocal white color for Linea to be discontinued with immediate effect! They're going to introduce the Bossa Nova white in its place. Vocal white Linea owners are now part of an Exclusive club!

cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
Yes you are right, VW owners would be a part of Exclusive club. Probably it was Fiat's Limited Edition series. Dont know why they had to discontinue this colour. Other than Fiat only Toyota is offering this colour 'Pearl white', isn't it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_rider View Post
The reason why they discontinued the VW color is because they say it'll create confusion having more than one white in their inventory.

I think I've seen the VW color in the new Safari too, although it's not the exact shade but quite similar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
Please view below a mail from Aashish Bardwaj, FIAL.

We have not announced discontinuation of any of the existing colours.
On the contrary, a couple of new colours have recently been added – Medium Grey & a new shade in white i.e. Bossanova White.

Aashish Bhardwaj
Product Manager
FIAT INDIA AUTOMOBILES PVT LTD
Corporate Park - II, 5th Floor, Sion Trombay Road,
Chembur, MUMBAI - 400 071
Tel: +91-22-67293800, 67293836(D)
Fax: +91-22-25226326
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnagarajs View Post
When I enquired about this at VST, Chennai, They told no such colors have been introduced.
From thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...l-white-8.html
Old 3rd December 2009, 10:23   #161
BHPian

Oh my . I hope and wish that all problems with your car are resolved as per your satisfaction.

Good luck, friend.

Last edited by AnonymousCoward : 3rd December 2009 at 10:25.
Old 3rd December 2009, 11:07   #162
BHPian

Quote:
My doors have started rusting again. Refer my earlier pages in the same thread.. The rusted portion was earlier chemically treated and painted. It has started rusting after 2 months all over again.
Not done. Ashamed, will have to tell my cousin to hold his purchase decision for a while, there have been too many complaints in my circle of friends and their friends & team bhp too. Not done if they want to be serious this time around. Why Fiat, why?
Old 3rd December 2009, 11:20   #163
Senior - BHPian

Man this is bad. You should have asked them to replace the whole car not just the doors. Just take it for a water service and check the underbody for any signs of rust. Also remove the floor carpets and dicky carpets and have a thorough check. Better safe than sorry. Once the warranty period is over they will just wash their hands off the matter. Keep complete documentation of the works done including receipts/invoices that your may have. You won't know when it will come handy.
Old 3rd December 2009, 15:47   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
Man this is bad. You should have asked them to replace the whole car not just the doors. Just take it for a water service and check the underbody for any signs of rust. Also remove the floor carpets and dicky carpets and have a thorough check. Better safe than sorry. Once the warranty period is over they will just wash their hands off the matter. Keep complete documentation of the works done including receipts/invoices that your may have. You won't know when it will come handy.
i agree, this time check your car throughly with which other areas have formed rusting along with your cars doors and get that thing resolved.Sure Fiat wont mess up things in their comeback innings with superb product in hands.
Old 7th December 2009, 00:39   #165
BHPian

Rear bumper scratched while reversing

My car is going to the TASS for change in doors (due to rusting), general service etc.

In the meanwhile,yesterday i brushed against the wall while reversing. Bad luck !

Bravo! It’s a Vocal White Linea - Aal Izz Well (Now sold and upgraded to the TJet)-dsc00634.jpg
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks