Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2009, 20:34   #16
BHPian

For the stock good year tyres (emotion pack size) the dealer buying price will be around 2150 to 2200 (depending on the condition).
For new Michelin primacy LC (this was the tyre the dealer recommended for Linea E pack) 4700rs .

The difference amount you will be paying for the tyre is Rs.2500 (roughly) per piece. Prices may vary from city to city.

These were the prices quoted by a leading Michelin Dealer in Bangalore to my cousin's friend(Owns a Linea E pack).

(Please note : Am not commercially involved)

Last edited by mnhegde : 1st August 2009 at 20:45. Reason: Mods please delete this post, if anything mentioned above indicates commercial involvement.
Old 1st August 2009, 20:52   #17
BHPian

Hey congrats on the new buy. Enjoy and Welcome to the Linea club. Seems like the Linea attracts those who like photography or brings out the photographer in us.
Old 1st August 2009, 20:57   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
I am very curious to know about how they "fixed" the steering-hum.
I asked during 1st service and the SA said that it was normal phenomenon for hydraulic power steerings.

can you recheck again? This humming sound will come even when car is idling and you turn steering full-turn.
neo, to be frank, the humming sound came just the day i went to the service centre. i noticied it while taking a U-turn. I havent checked with the SA how they rectified it as i was too bothered about the rattlings.

Will check this on monday and will advise you.
Old 1st August 2009, 21:06   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
Hey congrats on the new buy. Enjoy and Welcome to the Linea club. Seems like the Linea attracts those who like photography or brings out the photographer in us.
Pranava, thanks !

You know, i bought a new Sony 12 MP camera just for my Linea. My wifey was so upset (even today) that i spend too much of time with my Linea (& money too for DIY car care).

My family complaints that i have become a slow driver after the Linea (i am too conscious and scared while driving fearing some auto or cycle walla will scartch her). But i feel i have become a more responsible driver these days and have shed my schumacher attitude.
Old 1st August 2009, 21:22   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
wow....Another (exclusive) Vocal White Linea! Congrats!
IMO don't change the chrome grill to the black one as it will not look good at all. The Maserati appearance will go.
yeah, don't change it to black. Not because it won't look good but because I don't want it to look like mine..
By the way, the top and the bottom grill were priced pretty steep(10 k for the set)as they were still being imported, last time I checked about 7 weeks ago. On the contrary, fog lamp covers are dirt cheap; Rs 45/- only for one piece.

Welcome to the Pleasure Dome!

Last edited by ghost_rider : 1st August 2009 at 21:24. Reason: edit
Old 1st August 2009, 22:25   #21
BHPian

CONGRATS for owning the beauty of opposite color (mine is Black :-)). Thanks for sharing your sale and service experience.
Well, I share most of issues you had. For Seat Belt, I got a call today morning from Mr. Ashish, Product Manager - FIAT India, told me that emotion has the seat belt warning light which will blink for few sec and will go off. It is just a warning indicator and it will not keep blinking (as in emotion pack) if you don;t wear the belt. Well shocked to hear that but thats the way they have done it.
But this is really a Car to Enjoi life...its a wow,
my camera is out on table from the day I brought Linea home. Either my mobile camera or my SLR keep clicking...
Enjoi and have fun in your beauty.
Old 1st August 2009, 22:39   #22
Senior - BHPian

haha!. finally you are in team-bhp mate!!
welcome aboard the team-bhp linea ship. ahoy!.

it was about him i had written about in my thread.

Binze did you miss something??

You forgot about the missing "i" in emotion thingy and falling chrome strips.

Its been a great ordeal for him and me to be at the concorde every weekend to keep these concorde guys on toes.

More so for him as he has been leaving his linea in the service station every weekend since he got his delivery

Binze let us positively hope that all our problems get rectified and
that we will have no more visits to concorde except for the free service
Old 1st August 2009, 22:51   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Binze did you miss something??

You forgot about the missing "i" in emotion thingy and falling chrome strips.
Ashwin, thanks a lot!

I had mentioned about the letters missing in the emotion and Linea Logos but honestly missed the chrome strip.

Somehow, Chrome strip falling is like the mandatory service intervals.i am sure, every Linea owner till date would have faced it. If not, the due date is not far. Henceforth, let us not mention this in all our forums
Old 2nd August 2009, 00:08   #24
BHPian

Humming noise is a general phenomena with every hydraulic power steering , it will make noise when turned completely to one side.

Quote:
congrats dude. Welcome. Seems like the vocal white club is growing strong here!

I asked during 1st service and the SA said that it was normal phenomenon for hydraulic power steerings.

can you recheck again? This humming sound will come even when car is idling and you turn steering full-turn.
Old 2nd August 2009, 03:20   #25
BANNED

Welcome aboard binze.
Some of your rexperiences are similar to mine, few quoted below:

Quote:
let me also invite you to be part of my happiness, sorrow, frustration, anger and my weekend experiences (mostly at the service centre).
Quote:
During the first week of ownership, my car was with the service centre for almost 3 days.
I was also at TASS on 3rd & 4th day. Only difference is, in my case, alongwith my car I was also there stayed put

Quote:
The next week, i again rushed to the service centre to fix couple of rattling noises heard from the doors (thanks to installation of Sun film!).
Join the club. I was also there at TASS in 2nd week of delivery
Quote:
I was forced to visit the service centre 5 times in two months to rectify the below issues
Me- 7/8 times in 3 months

Quote:
2. Wiper fluid tank had a crack. Order placed for replacement on 25/June.
Ditto, In my case, the crack developed later. They'll take longer to deliver wiper fluid tank. THis is the 3rd case on tbhp. Someone from Hyd (I think Sharath) also faced this issue. How come Wiper fluid tanks are developing cracks?
Quote:
9. AC cooling not effective but all lineas have the same issue as stated by SA.
Yes. Its lesser than Manual AC's. Its due to ACC as someone mentioned Civic ACC is also like this
Quote:
10. Driver seat goes down automatically every night! No solution yet in place at Chennai
Seat Height adj Lever is the culprit
Quote:
My weekend special with the service centre still continues.
Ditto. Many of my weekends passed at TASS so much so that now I've to hide from wifey that I'm going to TASS on a weekend.

Quote:
Neo - I'm not facing any humming sound when steering is fully turn whether in idling or while reversing. None whatsoever.

Last edited by VahanPujari : 2nd August 2009 at 03:22.
Old 2nd August 2009, 07:29   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Additions and wish list
I am planning to soon dress her with the following
Door scuffs (order from eBay)
Rear spoiler (don’t know from where I could get it)
Change my front chrome grill to black one found in active mode
Water pressure jet from Bosch
K&N filer after 10k KMs

Congrats Bnzjon on the vocal White Linea. she is definitely a head turner. rear spoiler available on ebay.com. you can order it along with the scuff plates. pics of scuff plates on my thread.

the black front grill will cost you a bomb. instead find a good paintbooth. Have heard MRF paint booths are good in chennai. get them painted. it wouldnt be more than a days wrk.

K&N filter available on ebay India - sniper automotives - 6200/-
Old 2nd August 2009, 07:31   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks mnhegde, the tyres are Goodyear and factory fitted ones. The tyre noise is on the higher side. I am planing to change the same,maybe,after sometime, as i will lose quite lot of money in exchange.

Read somewhere in the forum that filling Nitrogen may reduce noise in tyres. Is that true ?
stock tyres are Goodyear GT3. the cost of these tyres are about 2322/- per tyre. go in for Michelin primacy LC which cost 4950/- per tyre. like i have done. sound goes down by 100%. tyre change if done before 200 Kms could save you quite a bit in terms of Fuel as well as the buy back rates
Old 2nd August 2009, 07:36   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Coolboy, thanks.

The Leather portion has become saggy(loose) whereas the art leather portion is body hugging. Will post pics for more clarity.
the leather portion has become saggy because of Improper fitment. the foam seats have got a rod in the centre and theseat has to be attached to this rod using aluminium or copper clips. what happens with msot installers is that they merely slip the covers on and take their money. get the covers refitted. if the covers have been fitted over the OE fabric covers then the problem will still cotinue as those metal rods arent available to bind the seat covers to the foam underbody

as regards TASS visits i visit them atleast thrice a week. infact some people were saying "look at him. poor guy visits the service centre soo many times" the visits are not to rectify issues in my car but to rectify issues in other lineas where the tASS has a doubt and some other times its just to enjoy a coffee from the NESCAFE vending machine at the TASS and some other times just to see the pretty receptionists :-)

Last edited by Sunilrj : 2nd August 2009 at 07:43.
Old 2nd August 2009, 13:33   #29
BHPian

Thanks Vahanpujari. We "Lineans" have similar taste and priorities. We love our Linea so much that we rush to the TASS even for a minor (shd i say nonexistent) niggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
the leather portion has become saggy because of Improper fitment. the foam seats have got a rod in the centre and theseat has to be attached to this rod using aluminium or copper clips. what happens with msot installers is that they merely slip the covers on and take their money. get the covers refitted. if the covers have been fitted over the OE fabric covers then the problem will still cotinue as those metal rods arent available to bind the seat covers to the foam underbody

as regards TASS visits i visit them atleast thrice a week. infact some people were saying "look at him. poor guy visits the service centre soo many times" the visits are not to rectify issues in my car but to rectify issues in other lineas where the tASS has a doubt and some other times its just to enjoy a coffee from the NESCAFE vending machine at the TASS and some other times just to see the pretty receptionists :-)
Thanks Sunil, I am sure the dealer would have just slipped the cover over the OE fabric cover. I will visit the dealer next weekend and get it reinstalled.

There are no Nescafe vending machine or pretty receptionist at the Chennai TASS. The only motivation is the beleif that TASS will rectify the niggle to our utmost satisfaction.

Ashwin, Karthik, Sathya (Chennai guys), shall we write a mail to Mangesh to install a Coffee Vending machine and appoint a pretty receptionist who could take care of us during weekends when we are spending time at the TASS ?
Old 2nd August 2009, 16:07   #30
BANNED

Binze

2 options:
  • If you let it remain "slip-on", it won't ruin OE covers. However, it might become saggy again.
  • If you want this cover to be like factory-fitted, they'll have to remove stiches along some lines on OE covers where the metal rods are placed & have to tie the new cover with metal clips with those metal rods. THe covers will then become like factory-fitted & won't sag.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed