Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2009, 16:48   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Binze

2 options:
  • If you let it remain "slip-on", it won't ruin OE covers. However, it might become saggy again.
  • If you want this cover to be like factory-fitted, they'll have to remove stiches along some lines on OE covers where the metal rods are placed & have to tie the new cover with metal clips with those metal rods. THe covers will then become like factory-fitted & won't sag.
Amit, i am not sure, if the Service centre would do this. I found them too ignorant about this.

I am in touch with Mangesh who promised me to replace the seat cover but as you rightly said, even the new covers will become saggy if they just slipon without the clips.

Maybe, i will get the seat cover refitted at one of the exclusive seat cover dealers for a price.

The seat covers are good, the quality is excellent, the only issue is that they are not fitted properly (as you and Sunil said).

I am planning to get all the work done(including niggles) during the 1st service. I have completed 2600 kms till date and will complete the rest 400 in another 7-8 days. Hopefully, by that time, i should get the wash wiper fluid tank, driver seat and the rear seat belt casing.

I need to get a 2 days leave (need to butter my boss) to oversee the first service and be with the service guys throughout. Dont want to leave my beauty with TASS. We both will miss each other !
Old 2nd August 2009, 17:06   #32
BHPian

Friends, i need help.

I brushed my front bumper(left side) on a median and some portion of the paint peeled off (about 5 inches x 2 inches dimension).

The TASS is quoting around Rs. 3000 to paint that portion of the bumper because Vocal white painting is costly. I read somewhere, the entire bumper painting for Linea would cost only Rs. 4000. In that case, is the dealer taking me for a ride ?

I beleive, Ashwin (geeash) too had a similar scratch on his bumper and the same TASS charged him around Rs. 3000!. Is this the actual cost (or) Chennai service centre is charging us more ?

Is this the cost charged at your TASS as well ?
Old 2nd August 2009, 17:58   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Friends, i need help.

I brushed my front bumper(left side) on a median and some portion of the paint peeled off (about 5 inches x 2 inches dimension).

The TASS is quoting around Rs. 3000 to paint that portion of the bumper because Vocal white painting is costly. I read somewhere, the entire bumper painting for Linea would cost only Rs. 4000. In that case, is the dealer taking me for a ride ?

I beleive, Ashwin (geeash) too had a similar scratch on his bumper and the same TASS charged him around Rs. 3000!. Is this the actual cost (or) Chennai service centre is charging us more ?

oops Bnzjon.thats a bad thing that u did..anyways vocal white painting is costly. however considering the cost of paint 3000 is reasonable.infact any amount of charges woudnt be unreasonable as vocal white is a rare colour and colour matching is one difficult problem
Old 3rd August 2009, 00:33   #34
BANNED

Quote:
Amit, i am not sure, if the Service centre would do this. I found them too ignorant about this.

I am in touch with Mangesh who promised me to replace the seat cover but as you rightly said, even the new covers will become saggy if they just slipon without the clips.

Maybe, i will get the seat cover refitted at one of the exclusive seat
Binze

If you don't want to spoil the OE seats, & if "Slip-on's" are fitted tightly & properly, they don't get saggy so early, may be after 1-2 years, yes when you nedd to get it tightened.

Factory-fitted covers with those metal clips give it nice shape particularly all contours/ bulges.
Old 3rd August 2009, 08:40   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Seems the concorde guys are overcharging. others have got their whole bumper painted here for 3k. for mw they had painted only 25% of the bumper and they have charged 2.5k. does any one have a list or something which quotes the exact price for all these things?. The other day i saw nano's parts and labour price list somehwhere here on t-bhp. is there any thing like this for our beauty?

Quote:
Ashwin, Karthik, Sathya (Chennai guys), shall we write a mail to Mangesh to install a Coffee Vending machine and appoint a pretty receptionist who could take care of us during weekends when we are spending time at the TASS
I am game for it. Probably a beautify receptionist in bikini.

But what do u mean by
Quote:
who could take care of us during weekends when we are spending time at the TASS

Last edited by Dippy : 24th November 2009 at 18:15. Reason: Please use proper punctuations to type out your posts. Avoid typing like...this....
Old 3rd August 2009, 09:40   #36
Senior - BHPian

Congarts Bnzjon ,
Another Linea Owner from Chennai
Chennai Linea Club Members are increasing day by day.
As everyone,you too have some niggles.But it will be definitely fixed in coming days.
I am still having rattling noise from rear.Might the same problem as yours in Seat Belt assembly.I am geeting squeaking noise from left reat seat belt assembly area.
Enjoy the car.Everyone praise you for buying this wonderful Italian White Elephant.
Old 3rd August 2009, 09:43   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
I am game for it. Probably a beautify receptionist in bikini...........

But what do u mean by
Show time
Seems to be good idea.
But........ guys are you getting permission from your Better Half.
Just ask them to read this post and you people definitely get a bang and may be car key will be stolen(by Mrs.)
Old 3rd August 2009, 10:07   #38
BHPian

OE Leather Seat Covers

Friends, as reported earlier, some pictures of my OE Leather seat covers which has become saggy

Bravo! It’s a Vocal White Linea - Aal Izz Well (Now sold and upgraded to the TJet)-dsc00263.jpg

Bravo! It’s a Vocal White Linea - Aal Izz Well (Now sold and upgraded to the TJet)-dsc00265.jpg

Bravo! It’s a Vocal White Linea - Aal Izz Well (Now sold and upgraded to the TJet)-dsc00264.jpg
Old 3rd August 2009, 10:10   #39
BHPian

Scratch on my bumper

Folks, bumper scratch due to my negligent driving. I need a whack

Bravo! It’s a Vocal White Linea - Aal Izz Well (Now sold and upgraded to the TJet)-dsc00262.jpg

Does this cost Rs. 3000 approx for painting ? TASS has quoted this amount during my last visit. I have kept the painting pending as i felt the cost is too high !

Last edited by bnzjon : 3rd August 2009 at 10:11. Reason: Incomplete
Old 3rd August 2009, 10:13   #40
Senior - BHPian

3. Rattling noise from the rear parcel tray which was eluding for the past one month was finally found. The culprit is the rear seat belt casing. Order placed for a new casing on 25/June.

Have you changed both rear seat belt casing/assembly or only the left side one.
As i mentioned earlier,I too have the same issue and i have been struggling to find the root cause.
Old 3rd August 2009, 10:16   #41
BHPian

Rusting on door panels

Guys, pls check this on your cars. Door panels are rusting despite Dinitrol antirust treatment. I have reported this to the TASS and have send the photographs to Mangesh. I am getting upset now

Bravo! It’s a Vocal White Linea - Aal Izz Well (Now sold and upgraded to the TJet)-dsc00266.jpg

Bravo! It’s a Vocal White Linea - Aal Izz Well (Now sold and upgraded to the TJet)-dsc00267.jpg
Old 3rd August 2009, 10:16   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Folks, bumper scratch due to my negligent driving. I need a whack

Attachment 168751

Does this cost Rs. 3000 approx for painting ? TASS has quoted this amount during my last visit. I have kept the painting pending as i felt the cost is too high !

seems,it should be taken car by 3M guys.they have some scratch removers,even it fill up the peeled paint area.
Just have a visit to 3M shop near to SIET colleage(Aswin knows well).
if it's not possible there,then go for painting in TASS.
Old 3rd August 2009, 10:18   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, pls check this on your cars. Door panels are rusting despite Dinitrol antirust treatment. I have reported this to the TASS and have send the photographs to Mangesh. I am getting upset now

Attachment 168765

Attachment 168766

God,What is this..Send this snaps to mangesh and ask for the quality.really weird.
Nope,Not in mine ,yesterday i have cleaned my car.I haven't seen any rust in any of the parts in my car except in Disc brakes.
Old 3rd August 2009, 10:20   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Have you changed both rear seat belt casing/assembly or only the left side one.
As i mentioned earlier,I too have the same issue and i have been struggling to find the root cause.
Karthik, the casing is not available with TASS. Have placed an order on 25/June. No stock available and it will take 20 days to get the replacement.

In my case, its only the left one.

Need to replace the casing and see if the rattling is arrested. Will keep you posted.
Old 3rd August 2009, 11:48   #45
Senior - BHPian

Thanx,
For me too it comes from Rear Left only.
I just spoke with VST Works Manager.
Asusual he will send some body to check it again.
if the problem is in Left Seat Belt Assembly.They will indent the part.
Let's see.

Casing(Plastic cover near sunblind,it already came off while cleaning.I have glued it palce again.) only or the full Assembly.

Last edited by aks_karthik : 3rd August 2009 at 11:50.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks