Team-BHP - Booked Indica Vista Safire Aura
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Booked Indica Vista Safire Aura (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/62911-booked-indica-vista-safire-aura.html)

Hi all,

I have booked an Indica Vista Safire Aura. I have already read many reviews and issues related with vista but still i opted for this car. I will give reasons for that in following paragraphs, and would request Safire users to share their experince.

I Own a Maruti Alto Vx 1.1 Ltr (with LPG) and wanted to change it since i am second owner and vehicle was completing 08 years.

My Options

My first choice was Wagon -R Duo LXI, i went for the test drive of the vehicle, but interiors of the Car felt disappointing compared even to my Alto Vx and i felt my Alto Vx was much more smooth then Wagon-R Duo Demo Vehicle.

Second choice was A star VXi, i liked the vehicle in every way except rear luggage space.Also there is hardly any option of any after market LPG/CNG fitment at any later date. Still i had made up my mind to go in for A star untill one of my friends told to have a look at Indica Vista.

I went to see Indica Vista at wasan Motors, Churchgate and was impressed with interior space and seating comfort. It was much better compared to my Alto, or A Star and better than wagon- R.Interior was better than Wagon-R. Exterior looks also were ok if not very Good plus vehicle is fully loaded.

Test Drive

I went for the test drive, from wasan motors churchgate to Marine drive and was not disappointed with drive with 05 persons sitting in the vehicle. I am not an racing driver so was just looking for normal handling of the car in 6 PM traffic at churchgate and marine drive and was happy. though gear felt little hard compared to my alto VX. overall i liked the car and had to made a choice between A star and Vista.

Since i was upgrading from Alto, i needed a car which was little more spacious, and there was hardly any difference of price between A star Vxi and Indica Vista Aura, I choose Indica Vista Safire Aura.

Seond Test drive
I went for one more Test drive at Concorde Motors Prabhadevi, Just to clarify some of my doubts and took a test drive at Worli Sea face. Road grip and stability of the car felt great at high speed on worli sea Face. Immediately after that i went to Sai service worli and test drove a Wagon-R Duo. Wagon - R felt inferior in terms of interior, external sound insulation after the test drive of Vista. I was convinced that i would go for Indica Vista Safire Aura.

Issues
I am aware of questions raised by members on various reviews, But i am not going to sell the car in near future so resale value is not a priority for me.Also built quality and interior seems better than earlier Indica.

Secondly i dont hate tata, just becuase it runs as Taxi. Though i am Maruti fan and never had any problem with my Alto, My decision was influenced by seating comfort, features and interiors offered by Indica Vista.

Thirdly i needed a value for money car, though i am ready to take little pain in quality of After sales services, compared to maruti for that.

I know expertise of tata is in diesel engines, But Vista Petrol carries a Fiat engine and Gear Box, and FIAT petrol engine is not a bad option either.

RP

congrats :)
I've already said what I have to say at this thread
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...fire-aura.html

You can't get better VFM than the Vista, it's got C-segment sedan like space & ride quality at a price that can embarass the Japs. My only question to you is : Why petrol? Just the fact that you owned an LPG car suggests that your running is on the higher side. The best vista to buy is the quadrajet (Fiat diesel), but if that variant is out of your budget, how about considering the TDi Tata diesel? I use the same engine in my Indigo and it is a robust fuel efficient unit (though turbo lag is annoying). The running costs and resale will be way better on the diesel. Test one...if you like the drive, booking can always be changed.

Either ways, congratulations. It's a big hatch and your family will love the space.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rammishra (Post 1414774)
I am aware of questions raised by members on various reviews, But i am not going to sell the car in near future so resale value is not a priority for me.Also built quality and interior seems better than earlier Indica.

Secondly i dont hate tata, just becuase it runs as Taxi. Though i am Maruti fan and never had any problem with my Alto, My decision was influenced by seating comfort, features and interiors offered by Indica Vista.

Thirdly i needed a value for money car, though i am ready to take little pain in quality of After sales services, compared to maruti for that.

I know expertise of tata is in diesel engines, But Vista Petrol carries a Fiat engine and Gear Box, and FIAT petrol engine is not a bad option either.

RP

Impeccable logic Sir, not too many people take rational decisions like that. Congrats and enjoy your new baby.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rammishra (Post 1414774)
Hi all,

I have booked an Indica Vista Safire Aura. I have already read many reviews and issues related with vista but still i opted for this car. I know expertise of tata is in diesel engines, But Vista Petrol carries a Fiat engine and Gear Box, and FIAT petrol engine is not a bad option either.

RP

Congratulation!! for your new asset. We request you to kindly share following info with the forum
1. Expected date of delivery
2. Monthly usage (Kms/month)
3. Pattern of use (City / Semi-urban / rural / highway )
4. Your normal driving style

thanks in advance

HI GTO,

Thanx for the reply. Space and VFM is the reason due to which i am going for the Vista since i am upgrading my Used alto to Vista. I took lot of time for me to make up my mind since i have driven maruti car since 2004.

I did not want to go for Sedan although there is hardly any price difference between Vista Safire Aura and Indigo CS middle model.

Yes, ideally i should have gone for qudrajet Aura, but my running has reduced now its mainly weekend drive with 3-4 highway trips of about 1000 Km each in a year. Main reason for going for petrol is that my yearly running is not going to be more than 7-8K. TDI price is almost near to Safire Aura but i was not too keen on TDI and did not want to put 90K more for quadrajet seeing my running.

GTO i just wanted to clarify from you if you have any idea, is there any technical limitation in converting Safire (Fiat) petrol engine to LPG/CNG at a later date. I am not talking of people saying that vehicle is under powered and CNG/LPG will result in further power loss.

I am asking any other limitation other than power loss, because when i went for test drive at concorde motor worli, sales executive told me there that this engine can not be converted to LPG/CNG. I feel he was not correct and it was only his lack of knowledge that made him to give this answer. Ideally any petrol engine can be converted to CNG/LPG.

Thanks
RP

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 1415374)
You can't get better VFM than the Vista, it's got C-segment sedan like space & ride quality at a price that can embarass the Japs. My only question to you is : Why petrol? Just the fact that you owned an LPG car suggests that your running is on the higher side. The best vista to buy is the quadrajet (Fiat diesel), but if that variant is out of your budget, how about considering the TDi Tata diesel? I use the same engine in my Indigo and it is a robust fuel efficient unit (though turbo lag is annoying). The running costs and resale will be way better on the diesel. Test one...if you like the drive, booking can always be changed.

Either ways, congratulations. It's a big hatch and your family will love the space.

HI

1. My expected date of delivery is around 25 August.
2. Monthly usage is about 500-700 Km
3. Pattern of use is City (Colaba,mumbai)weekend drive with 3-4 highway trips of 1000Km each in a year. Occassional short trips to Pune, nashik, alibag etc
4. I am very moderate and safe driver.My driving is not aggressive.

I will post further delivery experiences etec after i get the vehicle.

I had seen the post somewhere in forums where it was discussed how to find the month of manufacturing and plant of the vehicle for tata motors, i am not able to locate that post. Can some one give me the link.

Thanks
RP

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanagg1 (Post 1416717)
Congratulation!! for your new asset. We request you to kindly share following info with the forum
1. Expected date of delivery
2. Monthly usage (Kms/month)
3. Pattern of use (City / Semi-urban / rural / highway )
4. Your normal driving style

thanks in advance

most petrol engines can be converted to CNG/LPG (turbos a honorable exception), but there is the small matter of reliablity :D

Yahoo! Groups

once you get your car, do post and update the engine code and model code for the vista safire :)

Thanks Greenhorn

If it can be fitted then i know if its done properly there are no issues. I have been running my Alto on LPG for 4 years now without single problem and i have developed lot of skill myself on how to tune and check the vehicle on LPG in case of my Alto .

I was bit amazed when sales executive said that it can not be fitted in Fiat engine. Because i knew it can be done on almost any petrol engine.

RP

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 1418106)
most petrol engines can be converted to CNG/LPG (turbos a honorable exception), but there is the small matter of reliablity :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by rammishra (Post 1418085)
I am asking any other limitation other than power loss, because when i went for test drive at concorde motor worli, sales executive told me there that this engine can not be converted to LPG/CNG. I feel he was not correct and it was only his lack of knowledge that made him to give this answer. Ideally any petrol engine can be converted to CNG/LPG.

Thanks
RP

What the sales guy probably meant was that Tata warranty would lapse if you fit CNG/LPG kit. On Indigo and Xeta, Tata honours warranty if the fitment is done by Tata's authorised kit vendor.

Congrats for the upgrade!

Thanks Direct,

The sales executive was new guy, probably he didnt knew all the facts so simply he said LPG conversion cant be done on fiat engine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by directinjection (Post 1422568)
What the sales guy probably meant was that Tata warranty would lapse if you fit CNG/LPG kit. On Indigo and Xeta, Tata honours warranty if the fitment is done by Tata's authorised kit vendor.

Congrats for the upgrade!

Congrats on the decision. Probably your reviews will help me make my decision too. So its over a month now and you have not yet got delivery of the car? How long is the booking period?

Ok, I realized you have started a new thread. Following that now. I was not able to edit my previous post, so sorry for the back to back post.

Congrats dude! The Indica and the Vista are non-comparo in terms of space- they beat C-segment sedans on that aspect. Good choice!