Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2009, 17:54   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muke31 View Post
congrats, Is Hyundia going to stop selling Getz Crdi?
I heard that too. I guess they already have as we speak.
Old 6th August 2009, 18:55   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Congrats on buying the GETZ.

I loved the centre console in black. If I get my GETZ Crdi; then I will ask them to change the wooden centre console to this black one. Does a world of difference to the looks of the car. I hate the fake wooden console.
Thanks Krish. In my opinion keep the wooden console it would eventually grow on to you. Otherwise you might have to change the wood looking thing on the doors as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muke31 View Post
congrats, Is Hyundia going to stop selling Getz Crdi?
there are no price details and specification details mentioned in Hyundia india website?

I feel many are looking at going for Getz Crdi after looking at the price of i20 Crdi, this is an advantage for Getz but looks like they are planning to stop the production.

-MUKE
Thanks Muke. The notion that I got from the guys at Hyundai is that they would wait and watch how Getz CRDI and i20 does fair with the folks at least for some time. And I have also heard that the bookings for Getz CRDI haven’t come down even after the i20 launch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag_p80 View Post
Congrats dude. You got a good looker there....wish you many happy miles with it, with the seat belt fastened of course
Thanks Anurag, I do plan to put some good miles on it. But the glitch still remains with the seat belt. I just cant get over it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Congrats Sunil. This color looks good too apart from the red. Drive safe.
Thanks Prince, I love this color and its bit easier to maintain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
well sir they havent changed that fake wooden console but this is base model of getz 1.1 which doesnt have those wooden finish on console and looks much better without them.
sunil congrats on your purchase,nothing beats getz on space and price on offer.But what confuses me is that this model is available over here for 395000/- and you paid more over there, why?May be tax is higher there.
Thanks Vijay, You bet! Absolutely nothing beats getz on space and price on offer. I am not sure of Ahmadabad but here in Bangalore we pay a bit higher road tax with not much on discounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
Congrats Sunil, good choice, and since you are big made (Myself too) Getz will suit you the best. How is the AC performence and FE on the 1.1 Getz?
Thanks musicmanaman, join the club (of being BIG). The AC is quite good, I have only done a max of 2 when it was really hot with 5 people on board. The performance is impressive as my last car was an alto . Couldn’t afford to push the car but prior to the first service it gave me a millage of 15 (350 odd kms in city and 980 kms on highway) with 100 % AC and 3 people onboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithi View Post
I always thought Getz had a horrible looking Wooden Center Console. But the black console looks much better. Since when Hyundai changed the Wooden console to the black one?
sunil.nv, Thats a nice looking spacious car you have got. Drive Safe and Enjoy.

Regards!
Thanks Nithi, I think the wooden center console grows on to you and that’s my personal view plus even if there is a bit of dust on the black body its visible but not on the wooden one. As Vijay pointed out, mine is a GLE (the base model). Except this all other models come with wooden frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Nice color mate.Its crying for alloys & do paint the ORVM's and door handles,those looks good.
How abt adding fog lamps while upgrading to rally bulbs.
At the end,fix a spoiler to it.
Thanks Ramsagar, the headlight and the fogs are the priorities rite now and would get it done this friday. Spoiler would be the last addition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
COngrats sunil !!! Getz is indeed a good spacious car! And now with the 1.1 its priced sensibly too!

And about this color, its very glittery in the sun isn't it! ... Awesome

Congrats and safe driving!
Thanks a ton aZa, it brings a smile in me everyday when I see her glitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
Congrats great choice! Pics dont do justice to the colour of the car,It looks way 2 good in that shade.Planning to upgrade her with new shoes?
Thanks Ali, I know I know she needs new shoes but I guess I will have to wait till my last years IT returns shows up in Sept - Oct. Funding is an issue, first want to upgrade it with better head lights and fog lamps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabnawaz_b View Post
Congrats Sunil. I have always been a great fan of Getz, but ended up buying a spark becuase of budget. Though I enjoy my sparky, I still have eyes on Getz whenever one passes by. Dont know why.
No hard feelings. But I like Black or Red on Getz.
Thanks Nawaz, BTW Sparky is a very nice and a cute car. For me it was the boot otherwise the space inside was awesome. And you are right Black and Red really goes good with the Getz but i felt black would have be a pain to maintain and Red my wife didnt like it plus haven't seen many Getz in this grey so I thought it would be nice.
Old 6th August 2009, 20:08   #18
BHPian

Hey congrats mate. I would also have owned a Getz CRDI, had i waited for 2 months. Brought a GVS petrol in March 2009, because the CRDi was far too expensive. It was just months after i brought, Hyundai decided to bring down the price of CRDI. My hard luck though. Anyways I ahve been enjoying my GETZ for far.

Zteg
Old 7th August 2009, 16:23   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zteg View Post
Hey congrats mate. I would also have owned a Getz CRDI, had i waited for 2 months. Brought a GVS petrol in March 2009, because the CRDi was far too expensive. It was just months after i brought, Hyundai decided to bring down the price of CRDI. My hard luck though. Anyways I ahve been enjoying my GETZ for far.

Zteg
Thanks zteg, 5.88 L for the CRDI was bit cruel. I was battered and bruised..:(

Drive safe
Sunil
Old 7th August 2009, 20:40   #20
BHPian

Hey 5.88 is far more better than 6.5..isnt it? So how has your pocket rocket been so far? planned for any upgrades or mods?
Old 8th August 2009, 14:01   #21
BHPian

@sunil, Did you get the headlamps upgraded? what abt the fogs? Let me know once you are done. I need to upgrade my headlamps as well.

What have you planned for the seat covers and ICE? Did the HU conme along with the car or is it after market?

Zteg
Old 10th August 2009, 11:02   #22
BHPian

Quote:
@sunil, Did you get the headlamps upgraded? what abt the fogs? Let me know once you are done. I need to upgrade my headlamps as well.

What have you planned for the seat covers and ICE? Did the HU conme along with the car or is it after market?

Zteg
I will let you know once I get the headlamps fixed. About seat covers i got it done at RT nagar paid 3500 for artificial leather. you can call a guy called Nadeem 9901047586 an option. You can also search couple of more places to get a good price.

The ICE is a very basic one, got it done at the Advaith residency road itself. A panasonic HU plus 4 JBL speakers (2 of them are component speakers) all at Rs. 14,000.

Quote:
Hey 5.88 is far more better than 6.5..isnt it? So how has your pocket rocket been so far? planned for any upgrades or mods?
The 5.88 L was a limited offer till June 31st and the rate went back to the original after that. Mine is not a pocket rocket its a humble 1.1 GLE with 66 horses that too @ 5200 rpm. But its good. Upgrades yes I still need to get the headlamp done first and then fogs. The rest will follow but I guess i need to get the tyre upgrade sooner as at high speeds this thing just doesnt stop!
Old 10th August 2009, 12:11   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil.nv View Post
I will let you know once I get the headlamps fixed. About seat covers i got it done at RT nagar paid 3500 for artificial leather.

Mine is not a pocket rocket its a humble 1.1 GLE with 66 horses that too @ 5200 rpm. But its good. The rest will follow but I guess i need to get the tyre upgrade sooner as at high speeds this thing just doesnt stop!
Oops got confused with the other CRDi threads. Can you please post some pics of the seat covers.? I will check with Sachin's autoshop, Koramangala. I dont know how good are the seat covers offered there.

I guess you got the stock tyres 155/80R13. What upgrade have you planned for.?

Zteg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks