Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2009, 23:46   #31
BHPian

Today I went to SBI to sign the loan agreement. Here is my experience:

My appointment was at 10:30 AM and I reached their office at 10:20 AM. Was asked to meet Mr.Vaidya who re-directed me to Mr.Sanjay who has been assigned to handle my file. As Mr.Sanjay was already with another customer I waited for half an hour and then when I approached Mr.Sanjay was informed that my file was not assigned to him. Went back to Mr.Vaidya who after some research realized my file was assigned to Mr.Girish.

Mr.Girish asked me to pay Rs.680 for stamp duty which I asked my wife to pay in the SBI branch across the street as I was doing the paperwork. Signed on lot of documents and then was asked to fill 24 PDCs completely. When I had taken my home loan from IDBI I was asked only the sign the PDCs but with SBI I had to fill all the details myself . Next was asked to go to the PDC section to submit the PDCs and get acknowledgement form.

Next was the life insurance to cover my loan for Rs.4350 for which I had to contact another person and fill another form. Taking insurance is mandatory. When I asked for an acknowledgement I was informed there will be none and I will get the policy papers only after 2 months !!!

Next I was asked to go back to Mr.Vaidya with the counterfoil for the Rs.680 for getting some documents franked. The stamps added to Rs.660 but I had paid Rs.680 - is Rs.20 for chai paani???

After all this running around I was finally asked to submit the down payment receipts I had made to the dealer. DP + Loan should be equal to invoice amount. Then I was asked submit signed form 20 provided by my dealer and a copy of my driving license. Finally I was told that my DD will be available at 5:30 PM which the dealer needs to collect (will not be given the me).

The entire process took 2 hours 20 minutes !!!

Last edited by achinthg : 13th August 2009 at 23:51. Reason: typos
Old 14th August 2009, 00:19   #32
BHPian

I had told Mr.Ashok (Prerana Motors - Sarjapur Road) that on my way back from SBI I would like to visit Prerana Motors - Lalbagh Road to do a pre-registration check of the vehicle. Ashok arranged for the car to be brought to the Lalbagh Road showroom from the stockyard and was asked to meet Mr. Anil.

In Lalbagh road showroom they have the entire 1st floor dedicated to Fiat cars. Mr.Anil directed me to the place where all the cars were kept. This place was congested with vehicles parked very close to each other with high risk of damage. When I approached my car I found an SA with a customer giving the demo of Blue&Me !!!! I scolded the SA for using a customer's car for the demo. He apologized and said the demo car doesn't have Blue&Me. The car itself was dusty from outside with bird and tree droppings !!! Also inside floor carpets were also dirty !!! I called Mr.Ashok immediately about this who said everything will be cleaned and given before delivery.

Inside on doing detailed examination found that the glove box had a gap when closed (a common problem I believe from other postings) and also the glove box door had a deep scratch. Also on the driver side B-pillar there was a black mark (on the beige interior) which did not go even after rubbing and scratching.

I complained all this to Mr.Anil who said all issues will be fixed. If the glove box door needs to be replaced it will done if spare part is available else will be given a written guarantee for replacement at the earliest. I told him I will do another check before delivery and I hope all issues are fixed. Tomorrow my vehicle will go for registration and I am hoping to take delivery Sunday morning (Saturday being Independence Day) !!!
Old 14th August 2009, 00:43   #33
BHPian

Mr.Ashok (Prerana Motors) told me yesterday that since I am taking insurance from outside he would need the insurance cover note to get the registration done.

After researching over the net I had finalized on BajajAllianz as they had the least premium and best customer experience. I went to their website and tried to buy the policy online but it asked for car registration number which I did not have. So got their toll free and called. Got the message "All lines are busy in this route" multiple time. Then called the toll number and explained I need that I needed insurance for new vehicle before registration and I had only chassis and engine number. I was told I will get a call within 10 minutes from the concerned department.

Within 10 minutes I got a call from Nandini from Coimbatore office and I got a quote for Rs.16555 for IDV of Rs.835615 (100% ex-showroom). This price was better than the online price and I asked her to send a local executive the next day at 3 PM to complete the formalities.

Next day morning I got call from Nandini again that local executive with visit me at 3PM. I asked her to re-schedule the visit to 4 PM as I was at Prerana Lalbagh Road showroom doing inspection of my Linea.

Executives from BA arrived on time and provided me the cover note after entering all the required information. As I wanted to pay by credit card I was connected to their secure phone payment system where I entered my card details. Entire procedure was completed in less than 30 minutes. I was informed the policy papers will reach me within 2 working days.

Great experience with BA so far !!!
Old 14th August 2009, 08:52   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achinthg View Post
Within 10 minutes I got a call from Nandini from Coimbatore office and I got a quote for Rs.16555 for IDV of Rs.835615 (100% ex-showroom). This price was better than the online price and I asked her to send a local executive the next day at 3 PM to complete the formalities.
Achinthg

I think the IDV is always 5 % less of the Ex-showroom cost of the vehicle.

eg. Delhi Epack MJD Exshowroom cost is 8,25,010/- So the new vehicle will be inssured at an IDV of 7,83,760/- (i.e 5% less)

Please check with your dealer again.
Old 14th August 2009, 09:06   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicesachin View Post
Achinthg

I think the IDV is always 5 % less of the Ex-showroom cost of the vehicle.

eg. Delhi Epack MJD Exshowroom cost is 8,25,010/- So the new vehicle will be inssured at an IDV of 7,83,760/- (i.e 5% less)

Please check with your dealer again.
bajaj Allianz always insures cars Q 100% of ex-showroom value. however i guess the compulsary deductibles are more than other insurers. ICICI lombard has charged me 17650/- on 95% IDV
Old 14th August 2009, 09:16   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
bajaj Allianz always insures cars Q 100% of ex-showroom value. however i guess the compulsary deductibles are more than other insurers. ICICI lombard has charged me 17650/- on 95% IDV
Even I got the inssurace done from ICICI Lombard @ 95% IDV.
Old 14th August 2009, 13:51   #37
BHPian

95% is the IRDA recommended standard but you can take for 100% as well. I checked for compulsory deduction and it is nil.

I checked with ICICI Pru as well and was informed maximum IDV would be 750000/- (as that was 95% of ex-showroom price in their system) and their price was 17500/-
Old 14th August 2009, 14:08   #38
BHPian

I found during inspection of my car that the plastic quality of some of the components like AC vents are much better than the demo model. I think Fiat has taken feedback and fixed many of issues as posted in another thread.
Old 14th August 2009, 14:29   #39
BHPian

ohh really! Thats some good news for prospective Linea buyers.
Awaiting detailed pics of your car's interior.

Quote:
I found during inspection of my car that the plastic quality of some of the components like AC vents are much better than the demo model. I think Fiat has taken feedback and fixed many of issues as posted in another thread.
Old 14th August 2009, 19:20   #40
BHPian

Registration was supposed to happen today but did not happen. Prerana didn't provide any reason just said it will happen on Monday - delivery same day evening.
Old 14th August 2009, 20:13   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Registration was supposed to happen today but did not happen. Prerana didn't provide any reason just said it will happen on Monday - delivery same day evening.
How does that Delay the delivery of your vehicle achinthg. My car got delivered first and then the papers went for registeration. I think it got registered after 1 week of delivery as I was waiting for a specific number.
Old 14th August 2009, 20:35   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicesachin View Post
How does that Delay the delivery of your vehicle achinthg. My car got delivered first and then the papers went for registeration. I think it got registered after 1 week of delivery as I was waiting for a specific number.
In Bangalore (or rather Karnataka) no vehicle is never delivered to the customer without registration.

Last edited by achinthg : 14th August 2009 at 20:37.
Old 14th August 2009, 20:52   #43
Shivashara

Well Achinth,
We wish you joy and happy riding after all this and awaiting your initial driving reports and also some pics of better quality plastics.

Old 14th August 2009, 21:38   #44
BHPian

Quote:
In Bangalore (or rather Karnataka) no vehicle is never delivered to the customer without registration.
What I meant was - In Karnataka vehicle is never delivered to the customer without registration.
Old 16th August 2009, 19:09   #45
BHPian

Went to Karlsson leather yesterday. To be honest I cannot make out much difference between Stanley, Karlsson, Marvin, Ovion and Ceralli - so I am really confused which one to go for - since Vijay Mallya (there is letter of appreciation from Mallya in Karlsson showroom) and SunilRJ are so happy with Karlsson I am thinking of going with Karlsson too. Karlsson has quoted 28k for Scandavian Leather.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks