Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2009, 03:00   #31
BHPian

okay so i had to say this.please dont me plz .

the ritz is KAPPA KA PAPPA . there is not doubt about it!

why?!!! i just saw 8 ritz today whites ones are diesel. the bakers choclate colour is just yummy!! so is blue and black!! and its not today. i keep seeing ritz everyday 4 atleast they are not the same cars guys!! i am very sure. its selling like hot bakers choclate cakes!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
( Pics from the net for comparison purposes and accessories shown need not necessarily be a part of standard equipment.
Actual cars may vary depending upon market requirements.)
tell me did you copy pasted this from somewhere, or read in some newspaper? this is way to professional. lolz. what i am saying is that your reviews are great very professional like. keep em coming!!

and sorry but err about the low boot space and highway manners of ritz and lack of space in ritz, i am talking these comments with a pinch of salt!! sorry but i don't agree on these items !!

Note from Mods : Please try to use punctuation and capitalization properly. Take a look at this thread (Expected Posting Etiquette) for details. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 8th August 2009 at 16:30. Reason: Please make sure you take a look at the mods note in your post. Thanks.
Old 8th August 2009, 07:00   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Space and comfort, front:

The prescence of driver's seat height adjustment and tilt adjust steering (on ZXI) means that it is not tough to find an ideal driving position.
I agree 100% with you. I am short person and the seat height adjuster helped me find the best position while taking a test drive. It greatly adds to your driving comfort.

Also to add here is the Ritz tilt steering has more travel than the i10 steering aiding that much more in road visibility.

Last edited by nsbhagwat : 8th August 2009 at 07:01. Reason: corrected typos
Old 8th August 2009, 09:31   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ride:

Maruti Ritz: 6 /10
Hyundai I10: 7 /10
Thats surprising. I have found Kappa's rear ride to be *very bumpy*. Infact, more than the WagonR

Maybe the Kappa i test drove had some issue (but it was a brand new car).
Old 8th August 2009, 09:47   #34
BHPian

The Ritz is definitely better than the I10 in my view, glad it get's more points overall in Sid's comparo. The Ritz fells bigger and better than the I10, and comes in diesel as well, not that it counts in this comparo, however can't rule out the aaditional engine option that Maruti provide.
Old 8th August 2009, 10:53   #35
BHPian

Quote:

Hyundai I10: 6 /10
Maruti Ritz: 8 /10

At the front, its clearly the Ritz that has more space. The long seat travel means that passengers of all sizes will fit easily, something which the I10 lacks. The presence of driver's seat height adjustment and tilt adjust steering (on ZXI) means that it is not tough to find an ideal driving position. Legroom, also is superb with tall passengers being able to stretch their legs comfortably.
Space and Comfort, rear:

Hyundai I10: 7 /10
Maruti Ritz: 6 /10
I found the front rear seats of i10 are more comfortable and spacious than Ritz. I was not able to sit properly in the driving seat of Ritz in most of the positions.The steering wheel is touching my thigh. If I push the seat to the max, then I can sit comfortably, but at rear seat is literally unusable. The sales lady of 5'2" tall found it difficult even to enter in.

But in case of i10, I could sit properly with the Steering wheel tilted to up and Seat pushed to halfway. So on the interior space, I can only rate as below

Hyundai I10: 6.5 /10
Maruti Ritz: 5 /10

Space and Comfort, rear:
Hyundai I10: 6 /10
Maruti Ritz: 4 /10

Last edited by RajeshK : 8th August 2009 at 10:58. Reason: Corrected spelling
Old 8th August 2009, 19:31   #36
BHPian

Quote:
T

First place: Maruti Suzuki Ritz ZXi (7.25/10)

A great all rounder for those who want all the optimal attributes in a small car. Small but significant features and an unparalled service network only add icing to the cake.Rear seat comfort, small boot and questionable rear end styling are small drawbacks that can be overlooked by the sheer value it offers.

Second Place: Hyundai i10 1.2 kappa (6.83/10)

Grace, optimum pace and space. You want it, you got it. Also, gives a overall better "feel" factor. But expensive on price to features ratio, sloppy handling and high cost of maintenance on the long run gives it a runner up status. Still a superb product but overshadowed by Maruti's newest offering. For those who want quality at a price.
Sid, I am bit confused with your comparison. You have mentioned the version of Suzuki Ritz but not the i10 Kappa. If you want to compare both the cars then you should have compared Suzuki Ritz ZXI with Hyundai i10 Kappa Asta. I feel that the review is one sided.
Old 10th August 2009, 14:58   #37
BHPian

which is better package: i10 or ritz.

After weeks of discussions, studies , running arround and several testdrives, we finally booked the ritz vxi. however i10 seemed very difficult to rule out.
points in favour of i10:
fully loaded car about 30k cheaper, with music system, keyless entry and other standard stuff. almost everything.
good engine n perfect city runabout. decent shape. not great though.
durable and long lasting as per people we met, no rattles or problems.
rear legroom.
against: small from outside, small tyres, expensive spares.

for ritz,
cheaper spares, FE, efficient engine, imposing presence, front seats.
dashboard design
I dint mind the design.
against :high purchase price,

resale for maruti will be better.

we also had checked the vista saffire and swift but i think i10 and ritz is a better overall package and better ownership experience.
I still wanted to know which way people will swing coz ritz is relatively new.

Last edited by Jaggu : 10th August 2009 at 15:34. Reason: Please use Search before opening a new thread, Thanks
Old 10th August 2009, 18:03   #38
BHPian

ritz vs i10 vs saffire; petrol b+ economy hatchbacks -
this was a biased comparison, right from begining we were keen on the ritz and used it as benchmark, we liked its impossing street presence and was more inclined to it due to the impressive FE figures it quoted. The swift despite its handling and power was ruled out because was the most expensive, and add another half lakh and we could buy the ikon petrol which has better handling. so we were clear about it. the swift also dint have great FE to support its cause let aside the rear legroom. Also all other cars have an oddly or interestingly shaped dash except the staright forward (i like the swift's dash) and the first car we checked among these was the saffire aura with its beige interiors, in contrast swift dint match that rich feel for a family car. moreover swift is a little common and we heard that ritz engine will be planted in swift next year.
the A star is too cramped and wagon R, well ritz is its replacement, right.
so what remained was i10 vs ritz vs saffire.
saffire was the next to be ruled out. it looks good, has great space, acres of headroom and legroom, seats 5 comfortably and seems most relaxing to sink in. the car has soft suspensions and damps the potholes and rough surfaces very well. It rides on 14 inch wheels. however it returns lower mileage than Ritz and though more than adequate for everyday use is not as powerfull as ritz. It however is better equiped with a small touches and a music player which maruti has disappointed in. however fit and finish left doubts and overall product was not up to the expected quality mark despite the price advantage it offered. what is the extra price we have to pay TATA to get good QC. i would'nt mind payying 20K extra if TATA gave better plastics and finish. it has to be a concious commitment. people arent just looking at buying a cheap car else the jazz will never have launched. the vista is a great car but small issue negate the overall feel.
that left the i10 which has an impressive list of equipments in the fully loaded car with nothing more to add save after market save mags. the i10 has a responsive engine however returns lower FE. It surprisingly is much better finished than ritz, and every thing has quality feel. It rides on 13 inch wheels sadly and the whole car moves up and down potholes and craters hence, though you dont feel a thing, impressive for a small car. i10 has better handling and steering feel of all and comes out trumps in handling and snaking though traffic. somebody told us that spares in case of an accident is expensive and takes time to be sourced.
Ritz had us locked in its clasp due to the FE figures which are much higher than others here. also comes with 14inch tyres and hence the car feels as if riding on a cushion, a big car feel. it handles pretty well and brakes are impressive, is agile and steering is responsive and light. It is roomier due to the tall boy design, liberating legroom and headroom, and externally is nicely moulded with all the different design elements blending into each other. maruti charges a premium on its cars and yet is poorly equiped. the music system is a glaring ommision, so is keyless entry. we dint need the top of the line coz it has that vague blue tone dash, whoever came with that idea. so that left Vxi with just basic features at a steep price 4.66lacs. However it offers peace of mind and suposedly better ownership experience. so finally went ahead and booked, now testing our patience with waiting period.
Old 14th August 2009, 22:08   #39
ada
BHPian

I'am sorry for all these people who say that this review is biased, they are running down a great effort being carried out by Sid. The margin by which Ritz scores over is very small. The winner for me is that unlike I10 when you stand besides Ritz, it does not feel like a small car at all.
Old 15th August 2009, 16:08   #40
BHPian

Very good effort indeed sidindica.

Though I didn't agree with each and every point you mak,e I believe that each person is entitled to his (or her) opinion.

I think we should hail this effort which is far better than many of the so called professional comparisons we read in glossy car magazines and wherever we don't agree with his statements ... well ... last time I checked, India was a free country

That reminds me - here's wishing everyone on Team-BHP a very happy independence day.
Old 15th August 2009, 17:45   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post
I'am sorry for all these people who say that this review is biased, they are running down a great effort being carried out by Sid. The margin by which Ritz scores over is very small. The winner for me is that unlike I10 when you stand besides Ritz, it does not feel like a small car at all.
I agree that Sid has given us an unbaised opinion. But your last statement is typical Indian statement.You think, just because Ritz is bigger in size , it makes it winner, that's very much Indian thinking. Going by that, Vista is even better. Anyways, lets leave that.

Personally, I believe, numbers given by sidindica were very neutral and unbiased. Every individual has requirements and preferences, just as you and me. When I started looking in for a small car, my main priorities were zippy drive with total rattle free interiors and with least width as I consider that its tougher to drive fast in Delhi's traffic with a wide car than a long car, & since, the car would be carrying only 1 passenger most of times, I preferred i10 sportz over Ritz Vxi, as extra space was not much of use for me.
Old 16th August 2009, 07:57   #42
Senior - BHPian

I also think this is a great review. Here is something more to consider though. The i 20 Magna 1.2 is priced at the same level as the Ritz ZXI. And that is what the Ritz should be compared with, at that price point. The only downer to take into account is that the Magna does not have ABS and airbags. If Hyundai had added that to the Magna even for another 10k, it would be ideal! But other than that, it is a very worthy alternative to the Ritz.
The i 10 is the car to compare with the A Star to be honest, and the lower end versions of the i 10 are the ones that do very well in this comparison. Again, except for the airbags issue, the lack of ABS, one can get around.
Of course all of the above, if one is in the market for a petrol engine. Diesels, there is no comparison, the Ritz is supreme on price over the Hyundai offering, that is another segment of car to be honest.
All of the above also shows just how cleverly Maruti has priced the Ritz!
Old 9th September 2009, 14:37   #43
Senior - BHPian

In my humble opinion, it is not fair to compare a 2 year old car with a car which has just been launched.

The new car would obviously be the winner because the designers of the new car would have studied the drawbacks and customer feedbacks of the cars in competition and they would have tried their best to improve in these areas.

Also, most of the improvements in Ritz over i10 (height adjustable seats, beige reflective dashboard, lack of steering controls, lack of 60:40 folding seats) are minor ones. These can always be added by Hyundai when i10 is due for a facelift.

Surprisingly, the reviewer has not mentioned anything about road visibility and blind spots in both the cars. i10 has great front, side and rear visibility. It is a good car for first time drivers. Ritz has a horrible C-pillar which leads to a huge blind spot. Also, rear visibility is not that good. Ritz is a nightmare for first time drivers.

And whats with the cramped instrument console and protruding tachometer in A-Star and Ritz ? Till date, I have not come across a single person who likes this arrangement.

Hyundai launched the i10 1.1 2 years back and the i10 kappa 1 year back. They offered more choices to the customer. They provided quality products at affordable prices, even when i10 practically had no real competition in the market (in that segment).

Maruti launched the Ritz because i10 kappa was selling like hot cakes, being a refreshing alternative to Maruti's dated models.

Rather than praising Maruti for bringing in new models 2 years after the competition, we should be praising Hyundai for revolutionising the market scene with new products at affordable prices.

Rohan,
Bangalore
Old 9th September 2009, 15:19   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
In my humble opinion, it is not fair to compare a 2 year old car with a car which has just been launched.

Hyundai launched the i10 1.1 2 years back and the i10 kappa 1 year back. They offered more choices to the customer. They provided quality products at affordable prices, even when i10 practically had no real competition in the market (in that segment).

Maruti launched the Ritz because i10 kappa was selling like hot cakes, being a refreshing alternative to Maruti's dated models.

Rather than praising Maruti for bringing in new models 2 years after the competition, we should be praising Hyundai for revolutionising the market scene with new products at affordable prices.

Rohan,
Bangalore
Rightly Said Rohan!

I think the Hyundai i10 is the most under-rated car in this forum!
Old 9th September 2009, 16:18   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPai View Post
Rightly Said Rohan!

I think the Hyundai i10 is the most under-rated car in this forum!
Come on, no need to be so depressed!
The top 6 cars that make up the TD/Initial experience section of teambhp on a regular basis IMO are punto / Linea / i10 / i20 / ritz / Fiesta, off late.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks