Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2009, 11:20   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaglaGoru View Post
If you have tight parking situation it would be a good investment.If not then 14K is a good price to splurge on wheels!
Think you mixed it up. I'm getting the parking sensors anyway, but might swap them for sunfilm / seat covers at time of delivery, coz it's all free and haggled for into the deal anyway.

What I was asking is, whether the extended warranty i.e. 5-year / 100,000km coverage is worth paying 14k for. I still have to decide on that.

Quote:
Mumbai customers are shameless
Old 19th August 2009, 12:42   #32
BHPian

@flyingspur

Hmm, so mixed up I did !

flying spur don't tell me that you getting that 5y cover with the i20. Last I heard i20 was out of it, but coming back to the question if it is worth it I'd say it is. Consider this - its like 233 rupees per month towards the car. I guess its acceptable. However please verify what all is covered in that warranty.
Old 19th August 2009, 13:10   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
flying spur don't tell me that you getting that 5y cover with the i20. Last I heard i20 was out of it, but coming back to the question if it is worth it I'd say it is. Consider this - its like 233 rupees per month towards the car. I guess its acceptable. However please verify what all is covered in that warranty.
Last month when I was out and about hunting for deals, the i20 was excluded and the 5-year coverage was not being offered on it. Yesterday when I went to book, they asked me about it I saw their pricelist for the extended coverage and i20 petrol only was clearly added to the table officially. I'm not getting it FREE, I'm being offered the option to extend. So now it's Rs. 14.1k for the extended coverage and YES, it's available for your car. Enquire.

As of now I'm evaulating the worthiness of it. Can't find the bloody scanner. Soon as I get to one, I'll upload the T&C.
Old 21st August 2009, 13:02   #34
BHPian

A small update to the thread: My dealer was supposed to give me a call this morning but they failed as usual-need to mention this on the delivery slip-this is bad.Anyway when I called him up I was in for a pleasant surprise.The vehicle is here and I can come tomorrow for a pre registration checkup. Consolidating the pre registration checkup things in an excel now. But guys I have a small question, how do I know if the odometer is disconnected/connected ?? any help ?
Old 21st August 2009, 15:40   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The vehicle is here and I can come tomorrow for a pre registration checkup. Consolidating the pre registration checkup things in an excel now. But guys I have a small question, how do I know if the odometer is disconnected/connected ?? any help ?
I've been offered the chance to drive my car about for a few minutes and I can carry out the PDI as per my wish in the showroom, after which the car will go for registration. They need some payment from me though, the only amoutn I've paid them as of now for a fast-tracked delivery is Rs. 3000 Will probably pay them in full once my PDI is done.

.....or should I pay them in part and pay the balance amount on the day of delivery? Any suggestions?
Old 21st August 2009, 15:59   #36
BHPian

@flyingspur

Theres no bigger WMD than holding back major cash from the dealer till the point of delivery-trust me buddy it saves lives.

Coming back to my question no one here knows how to check the odo (connected/disconnected and stuff) ???

Last edited by PaglaGoru : 21st August 2009 at 16:01. Reason: adding comment
Old 21st August 2009, 16:46   #37
BHPian

Quote:
@flyingspur

Theres no bigger WMD than holding back major cash from the dealer till the point of delivery-trust me buddy it saves lives.

Coming back to my question no one here knows how to check the odo (connected/disconnected and stuff) ???
+1 to the WMD tip. @ Flyingspur, with-hold a major part of the payment until after the delivery.

@PG : Take a mini TD like Flyingspur, and you would know about the odo being connected or not . Anyway congrats on the new ride and do post some pics with the alloy change that you are planning.
Old 21st August 2009, 17:58   #38
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys, I think I'm going to keep more than just a major chunk pending. It's not like I don't want to pay them after all, lol !!
Old 24th August 2009, 14:06   #39
BHPian

Went for the Pre-registration check this Saturday afternoon and here are the pics.The delivery is slated on Wednesday ( auspicious reasons et al ). Detailed review post delivery with cleaner pics.

The odo was not disconnected and and clocked 10Km.
Attached Thumbnails
Black i20 1.2 Petrol EDIT : Delivery taken. PICS on pg. 4-100_0510.jpg  

Black i20 1.2 Petrol EDIT : Delivery taken. PICS on pg. 4-100_0511-copy.jpg  

Black i20 1.2 Petrol EDIT : Delivery taken. PICS on pg. 4-100_0512.jpg  

Old 26th August 2009, 20:49   #40
BHPian

Delivered

Finally took delivery .... phew- it was a long haul

Rain played havoc on the shiny car today ... cleaner pics and detailed report in a day or two. Can the mods please change the topic to "Black i20 1.2 Petrol : Delivered"
Attached Thumbnails
Black i20 1.2 Petrol EDIT : Delivery taken. PICS on pg. 4-100_0540.jpg  

Black i20 1.2 Petrol EDIT : Delivery taken. PICS on pg. 4-100_0562.jpg  

Old 26th August 2009, 20:55   #41
BHPian

Congrats on taking delivery, your wheels look HOT!!!!!, keep us posted as you clock those miles.
Old 26th August 2009, 21:48   #42
Senior - BHPian

Congrats.
It looks HOT in black.!
Cant agree with the alloys though.
Old 26th August 2009, 22:58   #43
Senior - BHPian

Nice car. alloys are a matter of personal choice. If I wouldn't have been married today, may be red alloys would have featured on my car as well.
Old 27th August 2009, 00:32   #44
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the buy. Can we have more pix of the car ; want to see how it looks with the new alloys.

Should have got the CRDi one to match the alloys
Old 27th August 2009, 00:57   #45
BHPian

Congrats Brother!!

I liked the silver and you liked black, but the car itself is a beauty.

Welcome to the i20 club!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks