Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2009, 01:06   #46
Senior - BHPian

The paint finish on the black i20 looks real awesome!! Congratulations..
Old 27th August 2009, 10:23   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
Congrats.
It looks HOT in black.!
Cant agree with the alloys though.
Can't disagree with you on that - its so bad that its good

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
Congrats on taking delivery, your wheels look HOT!!!!!, keep us posted as you clock those miles.
Sure - will haunt the forums once first service is done.Travelled 55 Km on the first day itself.So allowing her to take the beauty sleep today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Nice car. alloys are a matter of personal choice. If I wouldn't have been married today, may be red alloys would have featured on my car as well.
Well guess what- i am married and it was a marital decision !!!! Thanks to my wife for not allowing me to grow old. She rocks ! The choice was unanimous instantly...and yes I sport a moonlight blue Nintendo DS as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Congrats on the buy. Can we have more pix of the car ; want to see how it looks with the new alloys.

Should have got the CRDi one to match the alloys
Yeah but the day I booked my dealer got his first CRDi - never felt the need for so much power-but yes, honestly the racing wheels compliment a mean machine only !

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsaLove View Post
Congrats Brother!!

I liked the silver and you liked black, but the car itself is a beauty.

Welcome to the i20 club!
Welcome to you too!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
The paint finish on the black i20 looks real awesome!! Congratulations..
Well it was somewhat blemished with that stupid downpour-was hard to shine back later but it was worth it

REQUEST to mods: please rename this thread to "Black i20 1.2 Petrol wearing red shoes : So bad that its Good"

I am going to bring up a detailed report with more pics in a day or two - for now its like a nasty hangover after an all night party ..

Last edited by PaglaGoru : 27th August 2009 at 10:25.
Old 27th August 2009, 11:53   #48
BHPian

Congratulations and welcome to the Bangalore i20 club! I've been driving one for past week and it's a amazingly comfortable ride for a hatch. Gives a premium sedan feeling to the driver and passengers with the space as well.

I've seen plenty of reds on the road and a couple of blues, but not a black yet. Yours must be one of the first.

Your alloys are such that either people will love it or hate it. You don't give people a middle ground. So I'll reserve my comments.

I don't understand why you got a temp registration. I have seen many 1.2 Petrols with RTO registration plates. It was only CRDI and ATs which were getting temp registrations.
Old 27th August 2009, 13:42   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachchu View Post

Your alloys are such that either people will love it or hate it. You don't give people a middle ground. So I'll reserve my comments.

I don't understand why you got a temp registration. I have seen many 1.2 Petrols with RTO registration plates. It was only CRDI and ATs which were getting temp registrations.
Whats the point of alloys if it didn't turn heads While changing tyres,people actually stopped cars on the road to take snaps ...will write about that soon.

The temp registration was more because of my "I want it at 9:32 AM only" thingie - Blame my wife for that precise time calculated using in-law logic and some almanac which is the most scientific journal of reference to people around right after wikipedia . He is going to give me the smart card and the plates today/tomorrow. Also on a softer note I'd blame my sales rep because he always seemed to be less informed.More on that in my review.
Old 28th August 2009, 10:55   #50
BHPian

Its review time.

Delivery: The delivery appointment was taken at 9:32 AM and we requested the dealer to make it the first delivery of the day. We reached there around 9:32 AM and the car was already out and it was being ribboned and all dolled up. Noticed a few specs of dust here and there and also a dot of stray paint on the dashboard but a quick pointing out fixed them right. This followed with the ritualistic PDI and once I was happy I was introduced to a service advisor. Took a demo of most of the features while my son rioted around. The dealer had asked the Pujari to come and they were performing the puja. Put wife in charge-I'm usually the sinner type. Snaps and handshakes later signed the docs and hopped in-off we go yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!

Setback: Had spoken to Sai iyengar Indiranagar prior to arrange for the tyres and the wheels. Ashwin called me and said the tyres and the wheels can only reach by 1-2 PM since I called after 6PM the evening prior. That too only 4 wheels could be arranged.. Requested him and he said he will try to get it done prior but no gurantees.Troubles started here-nothing to do and plenty of time in hand we cruized to a mall in Airport road for an early and lazy lunch. Reached the shop at around 1 PM and guess what still no tyres. (GRRRRRRRRRRRRR) . Expressed my feelings and Ashwin assured me that it will be done by 2:30PM. He offered some other wheels as well but after a lengthy decision me and my wife stuck to our original choice. Ashwin asked us to get our jobs done and we had an appointment with the doctor as well.We scooted off and came back.Still no tyres and wheels but Ashwin gave us a good news.He has arranged for the fifth wheel.Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! After a brief wait the tyres and Wheels came to the shop.(Finally). Servicemen sprang to action and it picked up pace. While it was being fitted people around came asking about the wheels.Some even stopped cars to take snaps on the mobile

Drives: The drive is largely smooth.A piller is a big blind one but a little seat adjustment quickly resolved that. It needs a lot to get used to-my driving is not going to be the same again. Needed help in negotiating the left front end in tight spots. Music system is slightly cryptic but pretty easy once we get used to. The shifting of gears is so smooth that I do not know if I ever will drive any car again-don't know what will become of it in a year though. The change in tyres didn't affect anything-ride quality was as before and the quality interiors add to the ambience and experience. Steering mounted audio controls rock. My iPod was detected and played music perfectly.It even played music from a USB drive I was carrying. Sound is pretty good and I am not going for an upgrade. One important thing is if you have tight parking spots please stay away form this car. Pickup was good and I was overall impressed with the ascention and sensitivity at high gear and low speed. I am going to raise a lot of EyeBrows when I say that the steering is perfect.Its not light and it doesn't need you to be a superman to turn it.Its just perfect. To me the steering came sensitive at high speeds 55-60+ but its a boon for me since I prefer to watch the roads than wrestle with the steering at high speeds.A little left to the steering means the required amount of left lateral movement of the car. Braking has to be done carefully since I felt the brakes are pretty powerful but again its just a matter to be added to the list of getting used tos'. I have clocked 60KM so far and I will keep on updating on how it turns out or if I find something new to report.

Tyres: Chose the Apollo 195/55 R15 over 185/65 R14 stocks.Had options for going with Michelin or Yokohama but decided to stick to Apollo-guys no matter what anyone says these tyres are awesome. To mark that I got even more awesome wheels to match them. I didn't notice any difference in ride quality and backseat passengers also didn't complain. Its going for much ride in the city so we will know soon how the tyres are holding up.

Dealership experience is going to be discussed in a separate post-so for now its pictures ahoy!
Attached Thumbnails
Black i20 1.2 Petrol EDIT : Delivery taken. PICS on pg. 4-100_0556.jpg  

Black i20 1.2 Petrol EDIT : Delivery taken. PICS on pg. 4-100_0559.jpg  

Black i20 1.2 Petrol EDIT : Delivery taken. PICS on pg. 4-100_0573.jpg  

Black i20 1.2 Petrol EDIT : Delivery taken. PICS on pg. 4-100_0574.jpg  

Black i20 1.2 Petrol EDIT : Delivery taken. PICS on pg. 4-100_0569.jpg  

Old 28th August 2009, 13:43   #51
Senior - BHPian

WOW. Now that's a very bold set of wheels you picked. Somehow, they look awesome on the car and black makes the car quite a looker. Sigh, I'm having a lot of trouble with my booking, I hope someday soon enough I will experience the happiness that you have experienced on taking delivery of your baby. Hearty Congratulations and do keep us updated on your ownership experience !!
Old 28th August 2009, 14:40   #52
BHPian

PaglaGoru, the black beauty color suits perfectly with the red alloys! quite a looker your i20 has become!!!! Keep blazing the city. If by chance I catch an i20 with this alloys in blr traffic, I would know who the guy is behind the blazing mean machine! Congrats man!
Old 28th August 2009, 19:59   #53
BHPian

Congrats PaglaGoru!! Your i20 in black looks awesome with red alloys
Happy motoring, njoy your ride and drive safe.

- Vish
Old 2nd September 2009, 21:44   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaglaGoru View Post

Tyres: Chose the Apollo 195/55 R15 over 185/65 R14 stocks.Had options for going with Michelin or Yokohama but decided to stick to Apollo-guys no matter what anyone says these tyres are awesome. To mark that I got even more awesome wheels to match them. I didn't notice any difference in ride quality and backseat passengers also didn't complain. Its going for much ride in the city so we will know soon how the tyres are holding up.

Dealership experience is going to be discussed in a separate post-so for now its pictures ahoy!

You were considering 195/60 R15. And why did you settle down with 195/55? Any specific reasons against 195/60?
Old 3rd September 2009, 13:49   #55
BHPian

Well ..... there were a lot of people who recommended against it... I am a rebel..not an extremist

Seriously -I found that this tyre upsize leaves zero odo error (its true). That was convincing enough for me. I just didn't go by the naysayers.

A little math here.

Linear distance travelled in a single rotation of the tyre=circumference of the wheel

circumference of the wheel= 2 x (pi) x radius = 2 x (pi) x (diameter/2)

So evidently the linear distance travelled in a single rotation is a differential of the diameter of the tyre.Any Change in that is going to alter the actual linear reading rather than what is displayed in any in car reading instrument.

You can compare the tyre sizes and difference in diameter here. In the end the effectual tyre diameter will affect your odo reading. You can pit 185/65 R14 against 195/55 R15 and 195/60 R15 and see the result yourself.

Initially I was contemplating 185/60 R15 as per UK configurations I believe.

Mods,please delete my previous reply.
Old 3rd September 2009, 13:59   #56
Senior - BHPian

Pagla, I couldnt agree more with your statement that the alloys are so bad that it's good. Hot looking car overall.
Old 3rd September 2009, 14:28   #57
Senior - BHPian

PaglaGoru,congratulations on your korean black beauty, looks awesome and those red alloys are bold enough to take a second look.WOW man i20 is surely looking ubercool with your new wheels and alloys.
Old 3rd September 2009, 15:47   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaglaGoru View Post
Well ..... there were a lot of people who recommended against it... I am a rebel..not an extremist

Seriously -I found that this tyre upsize leaves zero odo error (its true). That was convincing enough for me. I just didn't go by the naysayers.

A little math here.

Linear distance travelled in a single rotation of the tyre=circumference of the wheel

circumference of the wheel= 2 x (pi) x radius = 2 x (pi) x (diameter/2)

So evidently the linear distance travelled in a single rotation is a differential of the diameter of the tyre.Any Change in that is going to alter the actual linear reading rather than what is displayed in any in car reading instrument.

You can compare the tyre sizes and difference in diameter here. In the end the effectual tyre diameter will affect your odo reading. You can pit 185/65 R14 against 195/55 R15 and 195/60 R15 and see the result yourself.

Initially I was contemplating 185/60 R15 as per UK configurations I believe.

Mods,please delete my previous reply.

I agree with you but im also concerned about the ride comfort. Have you done any long drives so far or in bad stretch of roads? how is the ride quality?
Old 3rd September 2009, 19:45   #59
BHPian

I liked these wheels from the day i saw them on the apollo site. But due to the dia and PCD, i couldnt get them.

Do you work in Whitefield? I saw a car with these wheels. But dont remember if it was an i20 as i was busy with my cigarette.
Old 3rd September 2009, 20:04   #60
Senior - BHPian

red hot alloys.
Pity I could not be so daring in my approach :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks