Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2009, 10:35   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Pagla, I couldnt agree more with your statement that the alloys are so bad that it's good. Hot looking car overall.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
PaglaGoru,congratulations on your korean black beauty, looks awesome and those red alloys are bold enough to take a second look.WOW man i20 is surely looking ubercool with your new wheels and alloys.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
I agree with you but im also concerned about the ride comfort. Have you done any long drives so far or in bad stretch of roads? how is the ride quality?
Okay....trickey part !!! To start with ride comfort is purely subjective. I have a collegue who owns a 4x4 Safari and I really can never imagine myself having a good ride on that off road-but this guy enjoys it and prefers it to a merc any day. There are of course some quantifiable factors which contribute to the ride comfort but since human perception plays a bigger role here, the experience is often skewed. The first thing is your tyre profile. 185/65 means an index value of 120.25 while 195/55 gives an index value of 107.25. So in terms of number I'd have gotten a better ride with 185/65. However in reality I didn't notice any difference and so didn't any of my co-passengers including backseat passengers. There is a fair chance that I was so totally soaked in the super awesomeness of my new red wheels that I failed to perceive it but i guess that human factor can be excused

Second thing is the bad stretch of roads.Let me correct you here theres nothing called a bad stretch of road in bangalore- all roads are bad.Here we only talk of good stretches of road. Jokes aside its a false notion that handling bad roads should be inversely linked to a tyre upsize. Let me clarify here.In a bad road what should matter to you most is the ground clearance. Ground clearance again follows the effectual diameter formula mentioned above. So if you require to trudge through mud and potholes on a daily basis, then this is not the car you should look forward to. Get a 4x4 or some car with a quantifiable tyre diameter. So if you want to upgrade your tyres as well as keep your odo reading managable, tyre upgrade wont gain you much Ground Clearance. That said in bad roads you will wobble like Jelly beans no matter what tyres and suspensions you have.

Third thing, your car should be able to manage those tyres. i20 1.2 is not and never meant to handle tyres like 205/65. Tyres like that only stresses your engine for no good reason.Similarly a very powerful engine with low profile tyres will invite wobbling and track skewing at high speeds making your car potentially unstable,unsafe and eligible to appear here in its mangled glory. This is what happened with Swift. (and i have put an equal amount of research on swift before booting it out of my choice list).

I can speak on tyres for an entire day since I have a considerable amount of research at my disposal,but this should float the main points to consider. If you want better suggestions I guess you can contact a professional like nikhilb2008 .

The crux of this lengthy write up is to point out that fact that ride i20 with the tyres they came with-they are very good. I had a specific requirement of red wheels and could only get them at R15 and above. So I upgraded. If you do not have such a fascination I'd strongly recommend you to stick with the stock wheels-this once i felt the manufacturer bundled some good ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
I liked these wheels from the day i saw them on the apollo site. But due to the dia and PCD, i couldnt get them.

Do you work in Whitefield? I saw a car with these wheels. But dont remember if it was an i20 as i was busy with my cigarette.
Nups- I do not work at Whitefield. Though I go to the Shell bunk on Varthur road just a few clicks uphill from Kundanahalli to feed Little miss red shoes regularly. However theres another rebel born recently who goes around with the same set of accelere wheels on a Red Swift Dzire. You might have seen him as well. Looks like I started a trend

Anyway you are sure to see my car since I go around a lot and it has become famous in all quarters. I got a call form my dealer asking me if I am a member of TBHP.....so u can understand.

Last edited by PaglaGoru : 4th September 2009 at 10:39. Reason: checks
Old 4th September 2009, 11:51   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaglaGoru View Post
Nups- I do not work at Whitefield. Though I go to the Shell bunk on Varthur road just a few clicks uphill from Kundanahalli to feed Little miss red shoes regularly. However theres another rebel born recently who goes around with the same set of accelere wheels on a Red Swift Dzire. You might have seen him as well. Looks like I started a trend

Anyway you are sure to see my car since I go around a lot and it has become famous in all quarters. I got a call form my dealer asking me if I am a member of TBHP.....so u can understand.
Yes yes, that was a red swift..I now recall. And that guy works in the same premises as I do. Dont know what organisation, dont know if he is a TBhpian

But that car also looks equally good as the body colour is red and its a change from seeing the same kind of alloys on the swift.
Old 4th September 2009, 11:55   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
But that car also looks equally good as the body colour is red and its a change from seeing the same kind of alloys on the swift.
It was too good actually... falls in my category so-bad-that-its-good. I hope he joins us and shows us his wares.
Old 4th September 2009, 13:36   #64
BHPian

Frankly i somehow feel 195/60 is an ideal profile for our kind of roads and a good balance between ride comfort, handling and looks (im sorry i couldnt understand your maths and thats one reason i became a doc ). And i badly wish to have Bridgestone Turanza ER60 as the tyres. The day i changed to these tyres in my ikon i literally started to feel like i was driving an SUV(i mean to say the ride became that good). My speeds increased automatically and wasnt a bad handler too. So now being a fan of ER60 and these tyres available only in 195/60 should either go for 14" or 15". If 14" GC will become low. Whats your suggestion on 195/60 with 15"?

Also whats your rim size. 6 or 6.5?

Last edited by Dippy : 3rd November 2009 at 17:10. Reason: Please do not quote long messages. Thanks.
Old 2nd November 2009, 11:17   #65
BHPian

Update Time again. Was out of the country for a while and hence there was no update.Got to spend some time with a different beast there altogether - check out the pics:

In flesh:

Black i20 1.2 Petrol EDIT : Delivery taken. PICS on pg. 4-100_0670.jpg

The almighty V8:

Black i20 1.2 Petrol EDIT : Delivery taken. PICS on pg. 4-100_0736.jpg

Before we move further OT let me comeback to my original purpose of this post.

By the time I came back it has already done its 2000+ Kms and literally begging for the first service. Also there were a few things I'd have liked to get fixed-more on that later.

Service:

Now coming up to the service-it was a pretty good job.So far no niggles that I can complain of.Hats off to Advaith ORR.Also it appears that the car has gone much quieter after the first tinkerings- donno if thats bad or good. Also I expect the FE to increase a bit cause I was getting around 11-12 KMPL on Shell Premium in city. But the icing on the cake was the service charge- it was a paltry 50 INR+ tax !!!! I was so taken aback that I had to order a wax polish and under chasis coating to at least make the maintennace bill claimable Hey you can't blame me !!! If this is the level of service I am going to get from this point on then I am ready to become a lifelong customer of Hyundai.

Mishaps:

1.While I was away to the US , my wife had to hire drivers occasionally from agencies. Once such driver got the car driven over an protruding manhole and got my car a nice underbody dent.Thanks to Advaith it was promptly fixed and it is as good as new- with shine and all.

2.I landed back on Monday and Tuesday I took it for a spin.But my sense of perspective had taken a severe beating with the big cars there-and i learnt it the hard way, while taking a turn to our usual parking in the garage I steered too soon and the irritating screech sound said it all. The driver side passenger door got a nasty scar- Damn you pillar !! its not your fault but still damn you! Had to claim insurance and it was repainted alongside my service.

I also have a long due report about my experiences with the dealer and the Sales advisors and I intend to put that up in the respective sections pretty soon.

Last edited by Dippy : 3rd November 2009 at 17:12. Reason: Aligning pics
Old 2nd November 2009, 12:09   #66
Senior - BHPian

That Camaro looks friggin sweeeeeeet!!!
Is it LS9 6S manual with 436 hp or LSA 6S automatic with 400 hp?
Dos it have the optional RS package?
More pics needed.
Old 2nd November 2009, 12:53   #67
BHPian

its a LSA 6S automatic with 400 hp
Old 2nd November 2009, 15:28   #68
BHPian

wow red alloys!?? daring stuff mate.

anyways congratulations.!
Old 3rd November 2009, 10:59   #69
Senior - BHPian

Oh boy, that Camaro is HOTTTT. How does it feel getting back to the Kappa
Old 3rd November 2009, 15:52   #70
Senior - BHPian

oh man that camaro is a hotttt to handle, lucky you.Hows it getting back to kappa's wheels?
Old 3rd November 2009, 16:33   #71
Senior - BHPian

Hope you had nice ride with that beast.How do you feel riding the Kappa after camaro?
Old 3rd November 2009, 17:14   #72
Senior - BHPian

You have distracted everyone away from your car PaglaGoru. I've been smitten by the Camaro ever since it made the Transformers appearance. Anyways this thread is about your i20 so now back to the 'i'
Old 5th November 2009, 10:55   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Oh boy, that Camaro is HOTTTT. How does it feel getting back to the Kappa
Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
oh man that camaro is a hotttt to handle, lucky you.Hows it getting back to kappa's wheels?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Hope you had nice ride with that beast.How do you feel riding the Kappa after camaro?
Well the Vrrrooooooooooooom factor and the punch is definitely not there but if I ignore the almighty V8 the i20 gives me a much better ride and overall posh feel. The Camaro though a head turner outside the interiors are goddamn cheap looking- sometimes it really felt like a low end maruti inside (no offence to owners but it was a reason that kept me mostly away form maruti).Rattles are everywhere. When i first drove the KAppa after coming back I scratched the door- so u know how I feel Overall even driving to work today , sitting in stupid traffic and saving my life form callous mad bangalorean bikers and autos I saw much reason that the i20 overall is a better road companion here than the camaro ever can be. I can change my ride but i cannot change the traffic and the roads. So wafer thin wide tyres and Vrooom after signals will have to wait for may be my grandchildren. Or if we get an almighty politician around who can just banish the auto people-they are not providing the cheap transport anyways. For now I feel the kappa is just great

@flyingspur

So you finally made it !!! Welcome to the club dude !!! congrats....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
You have distracted everyone away from your car PaglaGoru. I've been smitten by the Camaro ever since it made the Transformers appearance. Anyways this thread is about your i20 so now back to the 'i'
True and hence I have put an OT alert in my post. But people .. as Dippy rightly said- its the 'i' now.
Old 5th November 2009, 16:38   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaglaGoru View Post
@flyingspur

So you finally made it !!! Welcome to the club dude !!! congrats....
Thanks a lot dude

Quote:
I can change my ride but i cannot change the traffic and the roads. So wafer thin wide tyres and Vrooom after signals will have to wait for may be my grandchildren.
How true! Very well said.
Old 5th November 2009, 18:02   #75
BHPian

Query

Can someone please confirm these 2 points:
1>While locking \ unlocking Asta model,we dont get to hear any beep\double beep as normally hapening with any remote locking system?
2>While engaging reverse gear too,we dont get any beeps with hazard lights blinking,which normally occurs with remote locking.

Are these not available on i20 or they need to be configured on our cars?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks