Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2009, 18:31   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superveloce View Post
oh man! nice pics! more more more please. and details about delivery experience.
i will speak about the delivery experience, initial drive and other stuff I want to speak about soon. Today and tomorrow are days where I just want to drive her around and fall in love again and again. The amorous drives will yield better results when it comes to writing a review and summing it all up
Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post

What! You call 195/55 R15 size weak? Then what would you call the sticks provided with most low end variants on the Marutis? And by upgrading to 205 section tyres, its not much of a difference (10 mm in fact). Ofcourse, he is planning an upgrade to the Michelin PP2s, which itself will be a big change in terms of ride and handling.
hehe, yea. 195/55/15 are adequate. But we always want more. The PP2's are on and they have made a HUGE difference. More about that soon.. There's a lot I want to speak about. But waiting for the right words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rageshgr View Post
Great buddy! I would so love to own a Fiesta 1.6 S. I think the S with its upgraded wheels/tyres/suspension and stiffer chassis, is really the Icing on the cake of what is already a very good driver's car.
the suspension is DEFINITELY stiffer, but the steering is super accurate. Pin sharp response to any sort of inputs and a very good feel of the road. The PP2s double the experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Congrats Frankie She looks stunning

Will be waiting for detailed pictorial on your ICE saga
woh bhi aayega. some time. till then, idhar ka pictorial dekho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
frank, have you also considered michelin primacy LC?
Heard that's the best (low noise + comfort).

How does Michelin PP2 compare with primacy LC ?
i went for what iraghava said. i dont understand much about tyres. so i asked him. this is what he suggested, and boy! What a suggestion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
They are aimed at different users.

Primacy LC is a comfort tyre. For a car like the Fiesta 1.6S, I wouldnt recommend it. I would say PP2 is the way to go. It's a performance tyre.
true, its definitely leagues ahead of the NCT-5s from Good year though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Doc, Congrats!!!! Always loved the Fiesta... you are sure to have a blast (audio too )

Will read the review experience when Im free, your copy is always a treat!!!

oh and by the way any chance those LM6.1 will make it to bangy at a cheap cheap recession price?? Heheh sorry had to take that jibe ;p

Enjoy!
thank you for those kind words souljah! the IM6.1's are (unfortunately for many) difficult to part with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Congrats!!!it really looks gorgeous in the white gown.but i frankly didn't like the no. plate.pls change them to High Security no.plate,it stands well with the vehicle.

Second pic is good.
thank you so much sir. I love it in ONLY white. Black and Aquarius are close competitors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbaree View Post
Congratulations frank. That's really a hot looking car. I am not sure how hot it would get once you start ICEing it. Great going.

I agree with raamki. Actually it should be made mandatory for the dealers to use those kind of number plates.

thank you akbaree, I agree on the number plates bit too. NO mandations, and no rules. That's how we function. We survive on loopholes. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Congratz looks neat! really love the car in white! enjoy the drive.
chheeers!
Old 14th August 2009, 18:40   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Frank, this is probably the first white S that I am seeing. Looks stunning. :-)
My S WAS the first S I saw too. Fell in love with it. Totally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg_chn View Post
Frank, congrats man!! She looks hot.Have fun, drive safe.

Btw, im sorry.
Come on man, you were the driving force. Please don't apologize. Would have got a ZXi if not for your excitement at that time

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHC VTEC View Post
Congrats for the drive. my fav color is white and seeing your car boosts my confidence that any car can look good with that color on.
i have owned 3 white cars shortly, and frankly, I am in love with white. it's not difficult to maintain, as many say. it's surely easier to maintain than a black/dark coloured car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Congratulations !!!! That was a quick CARGASM you got there !!
Enjoy the days ahead, dont show your lust, because she is going to be yours.

Even with the 205 profile, I still find more space available outward. I think its because of the bulging out wheel arches. Overall its a real real stunner. Eventhough its not a newly launched car, I am sure there will be many eyes turning around while you are on the move.
i mentioned in my earlier post. the fiesta will look undertyred. ALWAYS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Congrats Frank, the car looks hot. The skirtings and the pedals remind me of the SFXi. Ohh minus the deal pedal.
yes, the dead pedal. Don't remind me about it please. I am kind of used to not having one.. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
Congratulations Mr. Frank Mehta. Its Feast time with the Fiesta

I personally liked the headlights blackend around the reflectors.

I will hook onto your threads for updates. Enjoy the drive, and ICEing the babe.
thank you shreyas. Enjoying her already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
I just saw the new pics posted and got a mild CARGASM myself!

Frank: Is there a USB or a SD card reader in the stock ICE?
nope. only a cd player and radio. Decent head unit but bad speakers!

BTW i suffered from Multiple CARgasms. The first for a male ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Congrats!

I thought stock wont take 205!
It took them. Nicely. Waiting to see what happens when 4 fat aunties load up the rear seats and we go over Mumbai speed breakers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
Franky

Way to gooooo....and welcome to the 1.6 club. I don't want to repeat the comments, but can't help it. She's got the killer looks and boy, she is the car equivalent of Pamela Anderson ... No wonder she made you coin the new word cargasm. Excellent post and terrific decision.

thanks man. Pamela Anderson is OLD. Let's call her Scarlett Johannsen now :-)*** droooool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Congats Frankie.... again. That was really quick. The car looks super in white in broad daylight. So your saga begins now. Enjoy your new machine. You have waited long my friend.

So when is Mocambo or wherever?
Thank you Dippy! Mocambo only. We need to take photos of Addy eating, again !

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
COngrats Frank
Looks fabulous in white!
How much was it on road- i guess i miss the price or it was not mentioned on the thread?

Quoting Frank himself- yes, clever stuff from Ford. One more clever thing I liked was the way the wiper wipes the screen twice after using the washer. After 5 seconds, it comes on again to clean the residue flowing from the top. SO clever, ford!

These are indeed nice touches. Even in our Indigo the defogger gets off after 15 mins automatically and the wiper function is also the same as described above.
Which other cars have these, any clues?
It feels like a space ship after the antiquated esteem. I understand its a small microchip that performs these functions, and is not a big deal anymore, but I feel they are useful touches. I Like the finer details!
Old 14th August 2009, 18:43   #78
Senior - BHPian

Terrific choice franky, she looks great. What happened to the esteem ?
Old 14th August 2009, 18:49   #79
Senior - BHPian

hi john. the Esteem has found a new owner who she will faithfully serve till she can.
Old 14th August 2009, 19:25   #80
Senior - BHPian

noticed some rust on the caliper, drum and the surrounding metal parts. frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-p1020192-hdtv-1080.jpg
frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-p1020193-hdtv-1080.jpg
frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-p1020194-hdtv-1080.jpg

Can someone tell me if this is normal?

Also, after changing the tyres, the car slightly sways to one side on braking. Can someone tell me if the solution to it is wheel alignment and balancing??
Old 14th August 2009, 19:57   #81
BHPian

Thats full of rust man...!!!
Old 14th August 2009, 20:35   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
noticed some rust on the caliper, drum and the surrounding metal parts. Can someone tell me if this is normal?
...... Can someone tell me if the solution to it is wheel alignment and balancing??
Its normal for a car that was idle in an open stockyard right from April till date (4 and half months). Please clean it up with any solution/liquid suggested by experts/your mechanic. It should be just periferral layer. So nothing to worry.

Wheel alignment part, I thought they already did it. I am upgrading my Fiesta tires to Michelin 185/65 with Plati alloys tomorow. They will fit everything and do the alignment and balancing immediately, whole thing promised to be completed in 1 hour (all machine work, nothing manual). So, I think you need to do that missed part. Normally the tire dealer does all that free when you buy new tires. Mine is anyway free balancing and alignment with the Reebok travel bag from Michelin too !
Old 14th August 2009, 20:47   #83
BHPian

@frank,

The metal rods look damn corroded!
How old is this car. I think its been lying in the dealer's open yard right?

Though the discs looks like surface rust (normal).
Old 14th August 2009, 20:51   #84
Team-BHP Support

Congrats frankmehta. The fiesta is looking hot in white. Wish you many years of happy motoring with her.
Old 14th August 2009, 20:57   #85
BHPian

Quote:
noticed some rust on the caliper, drum and the surrounding metal parts. Attachment 174477
Attachment 174478
Attachment 174479

Also, after changing the tyres, the car slightly sways to one side on braking. Can someone tell me if the solution to it is wheel alignment and balancing??
franky! alignment needs to be done as well as balancing as you have changed the tyres to the next recommended upsize!

corrossion of the discs is normal since theyre cast iron. corrossion of the lower arms ?? a bit abnormal. do a underbody waxing!

lineans / punters.. look at this! you used to complain that only fiat cars have rusted discs / lower arms!
Old 14th August 2009, 22:37   #86
ada
BHPian

First of all Frank congrats on the great buy, white is a really royal colour. For all the rust problems see the Punto thread. Rusting of castings to some extent is normal. Show me any car new or old and I will show them rusted parts (including my own Ritz). It is the body metal which is not supposed to be rusted and we expect every part to be rust free. Even if you cleaned the calliper and scraped out the rust a few hours rain and again there will be thin layer of rust. If this bothers you wait for the rainy season to go (which will be any time soon), clean all the rust and then do a proper undercoat. Frankly it will be of no use only for your mind to be happy.
Old 14th August 2009, 23:25   #87
BHPian

congrats on the white beauty frank.

its indeed a cargasm... name her that.... CARGASM
Old 14th August 2009, 23:59   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
i guess they do, but i decided on the 205/55 R15's since I was getting a slightly increased clearance, and a slightly softer ride. This might be at the cost of fuel, though. Didn't factor that one until right now
They dont! Trust me. Not with bill and warranty anyway.
Old 15th August 2009, 00:37   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
noticed some rust on the caliper, drum and the surrounding metal parts.

Surface rust is absolutely normal and harmless. Get wheel alignment done, you might want to adjust tyre pressure for upsized tyres to get rid of the sway.

Cheers,
Old 15th August 2009, 00:42   #90
BANNED

Frank

Congrats on the fabulous car. You'll surely enjoy driving her (I owned a Ford earlier & was in absolute love with her for the sheer driving pleasure)

On the rust pics, 1st & 3rd pics seems normal. In 2nd pic the part looks to be too much rusted.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks