Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2009, 18:04   #46
BHPian

yeah but expensive fun!!It will be repeated in the month of February again!Lookibng forward to it.
Old 9th November 2009, 21:07   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gksunil View Post
Now the total cost of first service; 10000/-!! ........Now that's what I call a free service .
So your Fiesta might be feeling very proud to be having an owner like you ! That vinyl flooring looks very neat. Dont they have any other darker shades ?
Quote:
It will be repeated in the month of February again! Lookibng forward to it.
Please come to Metro Ford Bangalore for the 2nd service, atleast you will have minimum 15 Fiesta owners 'helping' you right from accomodation to everything else. We proudly invite you for your service !!!!!
Old 10th November 2009, 17:47   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
So your Fiesta might be feeling very proud to be having an owner like you ! That vinyl flooring looks very neat. Dont they have any other darker shades ?

Please come to Metro Ford Bangalore for the 2nd service, atleast you will have minimum 15 Fiesta owners 'helping' you right from accomodation to everything else. We proudly invite you for your service !!!!!
+
Where you will find a place to park all the 15 fiesta's in one place (I take it that all of you come on your fiesta's to greet 'gksunil').
If it happens, people suddenly think that some exhibition of car or some special sale promotion by FORD is going to happen there. YOu may have to call police help to control the crowds (Joking)
Old 19th December 2009, 00:33   #49
BHPian

2500 km -Another Goa trip

Guys time for an update:
Fiesta has completed 2500km. To mark the occassion I planned a trip to Goa. Some might argue that it is the other way around; I am using Fiesta as an excuse to go to Goa ! Some truth in that as the first service was done in Goa just 45 days ago and here I go again!
This time the trip was to panjim calangute beach. The last trip was restricted to panjim city near the ford showroom. Hence it was relaxation time.
Now I am going to attempt being true BHPian writing travelogue. Mind you this is real life; not hindi film, hence weak hearts( or stomach) has to skip some parts
Day-1
Me my friend and our families (two kids aged 5 and 2),we started from my place at around 08:30 am after breakfast. The roads are excellent and curvy. Filled her to the brim from Goa and reset the trip meter to zero to calculate the mileage. The drive was smooth . I touched 120 kmph occassionally other wise very careful due to ghats near cancona, madgaon and heavy traffic from madgaon to panjim.
The plan was to reach the Hotel around 01:00 pm and take lunch. But as we reached Panjim, there was a big traffic jam. The whole Mandovi/Zuari bridges connecting panjim to calangute was blocked due to some agitation. Totally stranded. We didn't know what to do. So we decided to go to old goa. Reached there at 01:00 pm. Visited Basilica of Bom Jesus. Had lunch in some dhaba, bad food.
At 02:00 pm still no improvement in situation in panaji. Hence we decided to follow advice of my hotel manager, take a long route!!
The distance from panjim to calangute 10 km. The long route 50 km!. Well I have a Fiesta!
The trip was painfull. The road from Old Goa-Marcel-Bicholim- Mapusa was under going repair and traffic was slow. The worst part was my daughter got sick all over Fiesta's dash! I had to take a pit stop for cleaning it. My friend's wife got sick too. Hence more number of pit stops. What a wonderfull trip!!
The ordeal came to an end at 05:00 pm when we reached the resort. I had lost all the thrill of the trip and was cursing my stars.
Chalston Beach Resort
It is the one which changed the entire scenario. We reached our rooms which were basic, english style bed, fridge, and hot/cold shower. Had a bath, gave my daughter some medicine and ventured outside just to change the mood.
The reosrt is virtually on the beach, excellent gardens and lawn, swimming pool and sea side restaurant. We had hot chocolate and finger chips watching sunset along with other tourists mainly foreigners.
The evening became more interesting as some band named "Almost Famous" started playing some excellent rock songs. there was music dance and petrol!(this time green apple flavoured-good). My daughter was enjoying the most. She impressed other ladies and they even gave her some presents; goggles! The food was also good. We had some chicken tikkas rotis and fired rice. A wonderful day which had its highs and lows. Apart from cricket , Goa is also a great leveller!! Gavaskar should not mind!
Day-2
Well most of the morning time was spend on the beach. Playing in water and watching the scene. We did some exploring on a rented activa( Fiesta is also having a rest) and visited Baga beach and Calangute market. Had lunch in Souza Lobo and decided that our hotel was also not bad. Came back to the hotel in the evening for more green apple and had dinner listening the the waves of the ocean. This time no live band was there.
Highlights of the Goa stay
1. Chalston hotel in calangute is excellent-right on the beach, friendly people, especially the manager, Maria and she is not Indian, good food and reasonably priced. Excellent lawns and swimming pool( not very big). The rent for non ac room 1000/- including all taxes with complimentary breakfast use of pool, benches on the beach. The resort is very big with all types of rooms including villas.
2. Calangute -Baga strech is the most happening place in Goa.
3. All items except green apple flavoured is costly; don;t even think about buying clothes from here!
I really wanted the nights to be full moon ones which would have been wonderfull.
Day-3
The return journey was un eventfull. Filled Fiesta up to the brim just before leaving goa and the calculation is as follows
Total distance=285km always ac on on fresh air intake mode.
Petrol=25 lit
That makes it 11.4 km/lit. Hmmm it was not entirely satisfactory but this contains some 20 min idling while we were trapped in the traffic jam just to maintain ac and slow moving traffic. I guess it is okay. I can expect 13 km on highways.
Here I am in night shift writing travellogue in team BHP!
Guess nothing would last forever, forever.. those were the best days of my life..back in summer of '69
bye
Old 19th December 2009, 12:12   #50
BHPian

@gksunil
Wonderful report. Was in Goa with family end Sep - early Oct & we had an awesome time.
One night we had dinner at this really beautiful restaurant off the Baga Beach Road. It is called Fiesta.
Old 19th December 2009, 13:28   #51
Senior - BHPian

@gsunil

Yes, very good Goa special (looks like goa is your most interested holiday spot?).
11.4kmpl FE is somewhat low.

Regarding A/c on with fresh air mode -imo, this is not ideal as all outside
smell and dust will come inside. Atleast switch off the a/c when you see heavy dust flying outside. Otherwise you may have to do a/c cleaning very often?
Old 19th December 2009, 13:53   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
@gsunil

Yes, very good Goa special (looks like goa is your most interested holiday spot?).
11.4kmpl FE is somewhat low.

Regarding A/c on with fresh air mode -imo, this is not ideal as all outside
smell and dust will come inside. Atleast switch off the a/c when you see heavy dust flying outside. Otherwise you may have to do a/c cleaning very often?
Well, I always travel with AC in fresh-air mode on the highways, but switch to recirculate mode in cities and towns. Air on highways is generally quite fresh, especially when traffic is not dense.

It is not good for heatlh to drive for prolonged periods on recirculate mode.
Old 19th December 2009, 14:20   #53
Senior - BHPian

Yes, I agree.
But it is recommended, if we need to get best fuel efficiency then use A/C with only
re-circulation mode.
Old 11th January 2010, 21:26   #54
BHPian

Latest update on mileage
After the Goa trip I went to kollur Mookambika temple (220 km from my place). Already the tank almost full and only filled her up after the DTE went below 40!
Total distance 601.5
Petrol 41.8
Mileage 14.6
I am surprised
The drive was mainly on highways(you can say 100% high way if you compare with traffic in cities) 50% ac.
Now how good is that?!
Old 13th January 2010, 02:48   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Latest update on mileage
After the Goa trip I went to kollur Mookambika temple (220 km from my place). Already the tank almost full and only filled her up after the DTE went below 40!
Total distance 601.5
Petrol 41.8
Mileage 14.6
I am surprised
The drive was mainly on highways(you can say 100% high way if you compare with traffic in cities) 50% ac.
Now how good is that?!
14.6 is quite good. Congrats!
Old 13th January 2010, 10:07   #56
Senior - BHPian

14.6kmpl is good, but I think you should get more, may be after next service.
Please note -dont depend fully on DTE reading !
Old 14th January 2010, 08:23   #57
BHPian

"Please note -dont depend fully on DTE reading !"
Correct. That may not be fully correct. But the mileage is based on tank full to tank full method. 41.8 lit is the total quantity of petrol needed to fill the tank to the brim
Old 28th June 2010, 02:53   #58
BHPian

Apologies gksunil and others, but this is completely OT. Just found a gaggle of Fiesta owners here so thought let me leap in with my (unrelated) query.

I recently bought a second-hand 1.4 Duratorq Fiesta Zxi. Its been a happy 2 weeks so far; however the company-fitted Ford stereo system is a pain despite being crystal clear. Basically its a single-din player which doesn't have Aux/USB connectivity, and doesnt even have MP3 capabilities

I dont want to replace a company deck for an aftermarket one (dont really like the looks of aftermarket decks). Any solutions you could suggest? I am not an audiophile, so if it can be done for a small amount through jugaad then thats best, but otherwise a budget of upto 10-15k would do. Here are the options I am considering. Can you please advice?

1) Somehow rig the deck to play MP3s. If possible, this appears to me the best solution. I can then buy a 6-CD changer and listen to high-quality music happily ever after. So, is this doable?

2) Get a new 2-din Fiesta deck from a Ford showroom. I am guessing the new Fiestas come with MP3 compatibility, but do these decks come with Aux and USB? If not I will overshoot budget (expecting 15-20k for factory type 2-din PLUS I gotta shell out some 5-6k for a 6-CD changer to replace USB as input)

3) Somehow rig the deck to get a wire into the dash which will accept USB and aux inputs. I know vcash had it done in his Palio, but can it be done to Fiesta decks? And could it possibly impact the sound quality?

4) FM transmitter. How bad is the quality? And do you know of any place where I can get transmitters which dont look ultra-tacky? (anyone tried ebay?)

5) Go-to option in case all else fails, is to go for 2-din Sony Explod deck. I am getting it for 11.3k, and a further 2k discount in exchange for the original Ford deck. But as I said, somehow dont like the look of this or any aftermarket deck.

Thanks a lot!
RR
Old 28th June 2010, 08:15   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha View Post
I recently bought a second-hand 1.4 Duratorq Fiesta Zxi. Its been a happy 2 weeks so far; Congrats Buddha, your ownership thread had already created quite a flutter.

2) Get a new 2-din Fiesta deck from a Ford showroom. I am guessing the new Fiestas come with MP3 compatibility, but do these decks come with Aux and USB? They come with MP3 compatible and also have an AUX port but no USB

4) FM transmitter. How bad is the quality? And do you know of any place where I can get transmitters which dont look ultra-tacky? (anyone tried ebay?) The existing 2 din player has a good FM transmission quality, nerev had any problems with them as of yet.

Thanks a lot!
RR
Why dont you visit the nearest Ford service centre and get your doubts clarified, I am sure you would get most of your queries asnwered in BHP forum.
Old 28th June 2010, 15:52   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha View Post
4) FM transmitter. How bad is the quality? And do you know of any place where I can get transmitters which dont look ultra-tacky? (anyone tried ebay?)
RR
I bought an HCL FM transmitter for Rs 900 a year or so ago and it is quite ok to use. Only thing I need to do is increase the volume to 20 to get the same volume that i get at a setting of 10 for playing CDs or FM radio.

The only -ve about the FM Transmitter is that it makes a 'brrrr' sound when you pass a high-tension electricity pole.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks