Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2009, 12:59   #91
BHPian

Guys,
Yes, I now am the proud owner of the first Foxtrot Azure Linea in T-BHP, perhaps the first in Delhi-NCR region & maybe the first in the whole country - who knows.

The day was somewhat spoilt by the incessant rain during the first half here in Delhi-NCR, the spirits were a little dampened, but I forged ahead & made my day, ultimately.

I was accompanied by another BHPian - Anupam00 who incidently is a blind fan of FIAT & MITSUBISHI cars. I also met 'Ghost_Rider', saw his cool car, waiting for a minor paint job on the bonnet & one of the doors. Man, his car simply ROCKS !

The delivery process was very smooth. Reached the showroom at around 12 Noon, the car was already spruced up, ran through the checklist once again - Anupam00 was instrumental in getting this done, checked all issues were fixed, completed all the paper work, accepted the gifts, took the keys & drove off in little over an hour. Must say, it was extremely pleasurable experience buying a car from Rama Motors, Okhla & I can't stop praising Aditya for this.

I have also requested Aditya to get me the set of OEM grills for Linea, which are available in black (matt) finish. I will have them painted in metallic black & then replace the original silver finished grills (both components) along with the fog light covers with these. My hope is to highlight the front end of the car which looks dull now with silver & chrome finished grills blending with the body color.

I know, I know, the snaps are still pending. Just could not do it yesterday as the rest of the day after delivery was spent in puja ceremony for the car & indulging the evening with friends. And then by the end of the day, after driving in mud pools & slush for about 100Kms from Okhla to South Extension to Pandara Road & back to Greater Noida, the car had mud & grime all over it. It was just not in a state where I could take some snaps.

I will take some snaps as soon as I get the temp. registration number & get the car on road during the day time. I am getting my car self registered at Faridabad, will get a temporary registration number from Rama Motors which I am hoping to get by today evening. So I plan to get the car on road only after that.

A long review of a long day.
Old 31st August 2009, 13:09   #92
BHPian

Congratulations! Finally, you got the Linea in the color that I had been lusting after from the start(Though, I'm very happy with the Limited Edition Vocal White).

The color does look AWESOME but you need to click some good pics that will do justice to the car !

Enjoy the Drive!

cheers
Old 31st August 2009, 13:21   #93
BHPian

Congrats forbhaskarm for finally laying your hands on the first FTA Linea here. I see your signature has changed too. And nice to hear that the delivery process was smooth as well. Enjoy.

Last edited by firstguri : 31st August 2009 at 13:23.
Old 31st August 2009, 13:41   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_rider View Post
Congratulations!
Enjoy the Drive!cheers
Thanks Ghost_Rider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
Congrats forbhaskarm for finally laying your hands on the first FTA Linea here.
Thanks firstguri.

Moderators - Kindly change the thread heading to "The First Foxtrot Azure Linea MJD Emotion+" or something appropriate. Thanks in advance.
Old 31st August 2009, 14:44   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbhaskarm View Post
Guys,
Yes, I now am the proud owner of the first Foxtrot Azure Linea in T-BHP, perhaps the first in Delhi-NCR region & maybe the first in the whole country - who knows.
Congrats Bhaskar, A lot of 'firsts' there :-) The color does complete justice to the car. Enjoy many miles of happy motoring.
Pls post lot of pix of your new drive

Last edited by uday.ere : 31st August 2009 at 14:45.
Old 31st August 2009, 15:08   #96
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. welcome to the team bhp linea ship. Ahoy!!.

Please dont keep us waiting. please post some pics ASAP
Old 31st August 2009, 15:18   #97
BHPian

Congrats Bhaskar. Welcome to the Linea club. Great colour. Unfortunately I do have a friend who got the FTA Linea about 10 days ago which might not make you the first in the country( Sorry, my fault, I got him to change from Minimal Grey to FTA and he got very quick delivery). Enjoy the beautiful Linea!
Old 31st August 2009, 20:16   #98
BHPian

Congratulations Mr. Foxtrot Azure. another Linea in Delhi NCR.

I am trying to keep a count over the Team BHP Lineans in Delhi n NCR. May be sometime in the near future we should also have a Car n Coffee meet.
Old 1st September 2009, 09:21   #99
Senior - BHPian

We guys in chennai have already met once and we are planning to meet again on Sept 13th. You guys from delhi are welcome to drive their respective linea to chennai for the meet!!
Old 1st September 2009, 16:03   #100
Senior - BHPian

Bhaskar, ah finally after all those issues, italian beauty is at home.congratulations on the acquisition.Whats missing is her pictures.enjoy your ride and drive safe.
Old 1st September 2009, 16:37   #101
BHPian

Dear Folks

This is my first mail onto T-BHP and not sure if it gets picked up. We have yesterday booked the Fox Trot Azure (Emotion PK Petrol). We are hoping to get delivery by September 25, which happens to be my dad's birthday. The car would be for him and it gives him a sense of nostalgia. He had an almost identical color Premier Padmini way back in the 70's. I was inclined on the Medium Grey, but i finally yielded to his choice. I think for a senior person like my dad, this color suits better than grey and would be easy to maintain. The wait has begun and would update the post with delivery experience. Incidentally, there are a number of Lineas in my hometown Belgaum, but this would be the first Fox Trot Azure.

Also, would anyone have a sense if this is the same shade as the one in Volkswagen Jetta ?
Old 1st September 2009, 17:39   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay_ss View Post
Dear Folks

This is my first mail onto T-BHP and not sure if it gets picked up. We have yesterday booked the Fox Trot Azure (Emotion PK Petrol). We are hoping to get delivery by September 25, which happens to be my dad's birthday. The car would be for him and it gives him a sense of nostalgia. He had an almost identical color Premier Padmini way back in the 70's. I was inclined on the Medium Grey, but i finally yielded to his choice. I think for a senior person like my dad, this color suits better than grey and would be easy to maintain. The wait has begun and would update the post with delivery experience. Incidentally, there are a number of Lineas in my hometown Belgaum, but this would be the first Fox Trot Azure.

Also, would anyone have a sense if this is the same shade as the one in Volkswagen Jetta ?
It's really a nice to hear that you'll be buying him a Fiat and rekindle nostalgic memories for him. And BTW congrats for the booking. Hope you get your car ASAP and then do share your story with us.
Old 1st September 2009, 18:31   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Vinay, Congrats on the expected Linea. I hope you have posted on the "I booked my car" thread.
A friend of mine has the FTA Linea and I do see a similar colour Jetta everyday, but not seeing them side by side, it is difficult to say they are same, but definitely similar. My impression is that the Linea is slightly lighter than the Jetta and Civic ( which has a similar colour too)
Old 17th September 2009, 19:39   #104
BHPian

bhaskar,

We need to see pics now!
Interesting to see how FTA looks in real.
Old 17th September 2009, 19:41   #105
Senior - BHPian

It's been more than a fortnight since you got your hands on the beauty!
Pictures please!

And Congratulations!

Most Viewed