Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2009, 15:21   #16
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the car!

Doesn't the Ritz ZXi come with I-Cats? Or you get the buttons integrated in the key now as opposed to the separate remote earlier?
Old 11th August 2009, 15:32   #17
BHPian

The Ritz is geting to look better to me day by day.

Cograts on your new purchase and have drive
Old 11th August 2009, 17:15   #18
BHPian

@balajird: Thanks for the warning. Yes I too read about that. It is indeed a danger. Will be careful and have warned family members as well.

@SAHIR.KITTUR: That was the damaged one I mentioned in my first post. Since I obviously didn't want to put the Michelins on that, I put that as the spare tyre till I go to the Maruti the dealer and replace it.

@Gilead: Michelins @Rs. 3650/ per tyre and stock tyres @Rs. 2000 per tyre

@amit: yes it is integrated in the key itself
Old 11th August 2009, 20:42   #19
BHPian

Congrats shreeps on a petrol version of the very new Ritz. All the best with the new possession and many happy fun-filled miles of driving.

I am the guy with the broken tooth, coutesy Ritz Rear Door. If you noticed the door juts out a lot more on the top than most cars. I was lucky it was only my tooth and not my eye. I was knocked cold for quite a while. Anyway, take care and warn other members of the family too. Most new cars, even the BMW has these type of doors, that make getting in and out of the rear seats a lot more easier.

Your spare wheel has a small dent as evident in the photo. Better get a replacement from MS as its covered under warranty. I also noticed that other than the rear RH wheel, none of the other wheels have weights (clip-on) on them. Have you balanced your wheels? I don't think you have upgraded or changed your brand of tyres. Please check the wheel balancing with the dealer and suggest that you use sticker type weights. these are fixed on the inside of the alloy, hence can't be seen. Wheel balancing is the most important part of your maintenance schedule and should get top priority, especially when these cars can touch speeds of over 100 kmph with relative ease.

Happy and safe driving.

God bless.....
Old 12th August 2009, 13:12   #20
BHPian

Thanks Soccer for the wishes.
Also, thanks for the warning. I did see your earlier post and have warned my family members as well.
I have changed the wheel with the dent.
I had changed the tyres from JK to michelins and got them balanced at that time from the tyre dealer after putting on the new ones. The weights are indeed inside and hence not visible.
I appreciate your advice and concern.
Old 13th August 2009, 10:50   #21
BHPian

Hey shreeps,

Many congratulations to you. I will be booking the ZXi by December-Jan. Also, the Michelin XM1 + are running now on my dad's swift ZXi. And they are extremely good compared to OE JK tyres. One thing i noticed was that the XM1+ appears smaller in width than stock JKs even though both are 185/70 R14s!

PS: This is my first post on TBHP
Old 14th August 2009, 11:20   #22
BHPian

Hi Naveenvenkatesh.
Thanks for the wishes and the info on the XM1+. Welcome to Team-BHP. As you can see, I am a newbie myself.
Old 14th August 2009, 18:26   #23
BHPian

congratulations!! a few questions?

i would like to know about the audio system! is it any good? i am more interested in quality and not the sound quantity!! boom boom pow is not what i am looking for but i do like to hear modern rock songs. or some R&B or hip hop songs!! (they have beats but are not loud)

how does the car behave on the highway at high speeds!! this is important as i would go for zxi if its any good. otherwise i dont mind getting the vxi just for city use. ( 110% city use strictly no higway).i dont go for road trips we usually take a flight!! then i would get the ICE aftermarket for vxi.

just yesterday me and friend went for a ride in his Swift to install the ICE. he bought the pioneer HU, JBL GTO 6X9 300 watts(i think) in the back and JBL speakers in front windows. and i must stress that the drive was a bit bumpy. i mean i could feel all the small imperfections on the road. the swift on the good surfaces is awesome but on a rought patch is not good. i kept bouncing(not literally) but you know. i hated it darn bumpy roads. a constant reminder of your developing country!!! .

Last edited by Caramelo : 14th August 2009 at 18:36.
Old 14th August 2009, 18:50   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreeps View Post
I just changed the brand from JK to michelins.
Hey Shreeps, how much did the tyre dealer pay you per tyre for the stock JK's? I too have booked a Ritz Zxi and dealer has confirmed that car will be shod with JK's. I will be switching to XM1+ tyres.
Old 14th August 2009, 19:43   #25
BHPian

That's one good looking car you've got there Silver really suits the Ritz!

Enjoy the new acquisition and drive safe!

Amit.
Old 14th August 2009, 22:03   #26
BHPian

@caramello: The audio system is just ok. It will not be enough for you if you are an audiophile.
Since I am still in the running in period, I havent really taken her too fast. I have just touched 100 a couple of times and it felt stable enough. Do remember that my basis for comparison is my old Wagon R with the skinny tyres so there is a hell of a lot of difference.
As for the bumpiness, having the michelins really helps and its pretty good. I must say that I have not gone on really bad and broken roads.
I would suggest that you take a test drive on the ZXi model and see for yourself.

@nsbhagwat: I have replied to your PM for the dealer details. The cost of the tyres is given in my earlier post dated august 11.

@king_julian: Thanks for the wishes sir!
Old 17th August 2009, 11:54   #27
BHPian

I saw a Ritz Yesterday in the showroom. It was an LDi with 195/55 R15 Yokohama S-Drives with Lenso alloys. Also, he has painted the disc and drums on all wheels blue. Looks really HOT. Didn't take any photos. Will take this weekend when i visit the BTW, it was 6.65 OTR. Silver Ritz LDi.
Old 27th August 2009, 15:44   #28
BHPian

First FE figures after purchase

Just thought I'd update this thread with my first FE figures for the Ritz.
Did a full tank and then let it run till only one bar was remaining in the digital gauge and then did a full tank top up again.

My driving is mostly in the city in stop & go traffic with some amount of spirited driving to overtake somnabulant grandpas and autos; plus 1st gear - clutch - second gear in rush hour traffic with a 2-3 Kms of Pune-Bangalore bypass thrown in.

The magic figure is 15.6 km/ltr!!

I drove 510.2 Kms after the first tank full and then needed to fill in 32.65 Ltrs to get it back to full tank again.

Well one more thing to note is that I filled up at a Shell petrol pump (Unleaded, not premium).

Can any other Ritx ZXi owners confirm if they are getting similar FE figures (before the first servicing)?
Old 27th August 2009, 18:07   #29
BHPian

Thats a cool figure for city driving Shree, Good to know about the mileage. Congrats.
Old 27th August 2009, 18:19   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreeps View Post
Just thought I'd update this thread with my first FE figures for the Ritz.............The magic figure is 15.6 km/ltr!!
Hey thats amazing FE for city driving condition buddy !

Most Viewed