Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2010, 17:40   #46
BHPian

Hi shreeps,
A very well balanced and honest review.
No doubt Ritz is my favourite car. Enjoy your car, Have many more happy miles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shreeps View Post
Forgot to talk about Maruti's main pain point - Rattles!
Surprisingly, NO rattles till now EXCEPT the one caused by the number plate at the rear hatch/door (I guess others too have talked about this). Overall the car feels more solidly built than the other Marutis I have driven like 800, Alto, Zen, WagonR, Swift and Esteem. Especially the doors - they shut with a "thud" instead of a tinny "clang" or "thunk". You have to use way more force to ensure they shut properly since they are more heavy than you anticipate initially.
Very unheard of Maruti eh? Very much like Germans.
Ritz is a very well built car. It weighs as much as swift DZire.
Its may be because of German DNA that is infused in it, After all it is developed by Opel and Suzuki rite.
Old 23rd January 2010, 01:58   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulpine101 View Post
Hi shreeps,
Very unheard of Maruti eh? Very much like Germans.
Ritz is a very well built car. It weighs as much as swift DZire.
Its may be because of German DNA that is infused in it, After all it is developed by Opel and Suzuki rite.
Thanks Vulpine, for the wishes. I didn't know about the German DNA. Thats news to me. However, I do notice that a rattle has started recently. Somewhere towards the left (passenger side). Couldn't figure out if it was rear door or front passenger door. Need to explore a bit more and get it fixed during the next service.
Old 28th January 2010, 21:33   #48
Senior - BHPian

Hi Shreeps,

Rattling is the common gift for us by our car manufacturers. I do have one which is not yet identified. The MSM people told that it might be under the dash and want to open the Dashboard and fix. I am waiting for my free time.
Old 29th January 2010, 11:32   #49
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Excellent review, thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Surprisingly, NO rattles till now EXCEPT the one caused by the number plate at the rear hatch/door (I guess others too have talked about this).
It's a 4 year newer design than the Swift, and I felt a distinct improvement in overall build quality in my Ritz testdrive. The lack of rattles is great to hear.
Old 29th January 2010, 11:52   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreeps View Post
Surprisingly, NO rattles till now EXCEPT the one caused by the number plate at the rear hatch/door (I guess others too have talked about this)
Try this DIY to eliminate the rattle in the rear # plate:

1. Buy a roll of double sided sticking tape - you'll get it in any stationery shop.
2. Loosen the screws and remove the rear # plate.
3. Fix a piece of the double sided tape at the 4 corners, top middle, centre middle and bottom middle on the inside of the # plate (an inch long piece should do).
4. Fix the number plate back to the hatch (tighten the screws); then press the areas where you've fixed the tape, for a few seconds per area, so that they stick firmly to the metal surface.

That should get rid of those rattles.

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 29th January 2010 at 11:55. Reason: typo
Old 21st June 2011, 09:45   #51
BHPian

Re: Took Delivery of New Maruti Ritz Zxi

Hi, great review! I've booked a Ritz Zxi Silver too and your review really helped. Thanks.

I'm now listing out accessories I should get. Have a few questions.

1. Did you get a teflon coating done? From what I gather, TBHP advises against teflon. Your car looks great in the pics. Are these with teflon?

2. Did you get a sunfilm installed? Are the pics with the sunfilm? If yes, which ones? And how much did they cost you?

3. Are the stock tyres (JK) really bad? My dad will be using the car and I'm sure he will not go beyond 60-70 KMPH. Do I need to change them to michelins too?

Really appreciate your help. Thanks!
Old 5th July 2011, 20:29   #52
BHPian

Re: Took Delivery of New Maruti Ritz Zxi

Sorry for the late reply. I was traveling and didnt have access to the site. Here are the answers, hope they are not too late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamz91 View Post
Hi, great review! I've booked a Ritz Zxi Silver too and your review really helped. Thanks.

I'm now listing out accessories I should get. Have a few questions.

1. Did you get a teflon coating done? From what I gather, TBHP advises against teflon. Your car looks great in the pics. Are these with teflon?

SHREEPS: Nope. No teflon coating.

2. Did you get a sunfilm installed? Are the pics with the sunfilm? If yes, which ones? And how much did they cost you?

SHREEPS: Yes, I did get sunfilm installed. I got the RTO approved darkness (3M crystalline CR series). I dont remember the price unfortunately but was somewhere in 4k-5k range I think. But not sure at all.

3. Are the stock tyres (JK) really bad? My dad will be using the car and I'm sure he will not go beyond 60-70 KMPH. Do I need to change them to michelins too?

SHREEPS: The stock tyres are not bad per se. Its just that they are very noisy and a bit bouncy. If you drive around with the ICE and AC running with the windows up, you will not feel much of a problem. However, michelins are much smoother and less noisy.

Really appreciate your help. Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks