Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2009, 09:06   #16
Senior - BHPian

In my opinion, Estilo was old age (launched in Japan in 1999 and moulds shipped to India when Japanese could no longer take it)), comatose on arrival and soon expired. Maruti is just flogging a dead .... for what it is worth (is the phrase OK!!). There was an Overdrive cover of late-1999 with the title new Zen to be launched in India. That car was the same as the Estilo. Unfortunately, they got it 7 long years too early.

Selling the kind of units it sells may be a success for bigger cars, but is a flop in its segment. Even girls may prefer a Santro than an Estilo.

Last edited by vasudeva : 11th August 2009 at 09:11.
Old 11th August 2009, 09:57   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
In my opinion, Estilo was old age (launched in Japan in 1999 and moulds shipped to India when Japanese could no longer take it)),
It is old age but newer than the Wagon R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock 'n' rollz View Post
hey philip, do you really believe Estilo is a better choice than Ritz and i10?
IMO better than the Ritz but not better than the i10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
While they share the same platform, Zen I suppose is a bit smaller.
Please sit in both the cars before coming to such a conclusion. IMO the Estilo rear seats are more comfortable than the Wagon R. Front is more or less the same.

Quote:
But, yes Zen estilo must not carry the 'zen' badge. It's an insult to a driver's car zen used to be. I would vote for estilo to be wound up.
I've driven the old Zen quite a number of times. It's a nice small car but not anything that great that the Zen badge is insulted if stuck on an Estilo. The Zen was sold as the Alto elswhere. So it was basically a replacement for our very own 800 and was itself replaced by our humble Alto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
The boxiest car on the road that time was Maruti's own WagonR
What about the Qualis & Rhino?

Finally I think the Estilo is a real VFM car. That's what the thread starter was trying to say. With the current offers the OTR price comes almost the same as the Alto.
Old 11th August 2009, 10:28   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

@Philip, Maruti would have been proud of you ! May be they are ..
Old 11th August 2009, 10:33   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
Looks are subjective.
I totally agree, hence I started my post by ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
But to my eyes...
Old 11th August 2009, 10:33   #20
Senior - BHPian

I chose not to be a part of this assault of many on one or two.

PS: Mods, why is this thread even open in the first place?
Old 11th August 2009, 10:34   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_pphilip View Post
Estilo means attractive. Interiors are better designed, colourfull and functional, The drivers cockpit has access to all features and the beige interiors look great. The Vxi is fully loaded with lots of features and is cheaper than the Wagon R.
Thats some nice words about Estilo

Only sore point I found about Estilo is that it is badly put together. WagonR and Santro can withstand more abuse and still remain in one piece in the long run.

For me, that is a decisive factor not to buy Estilo.
Old 11th August 2009, 10:36   #22
Team-BHP Support

While i understand the Estilo is practical, i dont really agree with what you mentioned regarding it setting the sales charts on fire, and 1 of every 10 cars on the roads being an Estilo. I wonder which is the demographic which was being compared.

I agree on the practical part since three of my relatives have this as their daily drive.
Old 11th August 2009, 10:45   #23
BHPian

initially even the swift came with discounts coz maruti wasnt sure of its success, but now there isnt any. the wagonR too comes with discounts despite being the best seller.
Your car should solve your needs, not of others. The point is whichever car you finally buy, dont just write off the estilo without checking it out. false perceptions and wrong badging will not damage the core values of the car.
Old 11th August 2009, 11:21   #24
Senior - BHPian

Now i've seen it all!! There is a thread on TBHP thats actually praising Iskilo. I mean Estilo.
As an ex owner of the old style zen, i can never get myself to like Estilo. Ofcourse, thats my personal opinion and is extremely biased based on past experiences.
Old 11th August 2009, 12:05   #25
Senior - BHPian

I thought this was a thread giving some snoop of an upgrade to the Estilo or a sweeter deal being offered by MUL.

Anyway, since I drive a Alto and my dad has an Estilo. Driving both, I will still love to drive my Alto. Surprising feedback from my dad, when he was driving my Alto when I was not in the country, was that he was comfortable with the Alto than the Estilo. (He was used to a Toyota Cressida & later a Corolla 1.8E, in the Gulf, before this).

So, yes, Estilo has space compared to the the little Alto, but for driving ease, it is the Alto.

Then again, this is just my personal opinion, as always.
Old 11th August 2009, 12:20   #26
naj
BHPian

I had an opportunity to drive the Estilo a month back.
Two things that are not up to the mark in my opinion are -
1)The steering is very vague and does not feel connected to the wheels.
2)Tiny built .
Bring in the cheaper Alto and it fares better on the above counts.
Old 11th August 2009, 12:20   #27
BHPian

Earlier this year my son was buying a car with minimal funding from me. My condition was no used car based on previous experience. The only car that was somewhat acceptable to him (after my convincing him that it was not girlish, great Maruti service, VFM) within his budget was the Estillo ( Great discounts and Exchange offers). Unfortunately, as we reached the showroom, there was a Pink Estillo parked right in front, and he said, no way am I buying an Estillo. Not withstanding his protests, I insisted on a test drive in what I thought was a pretty good looking Red Estillo. One look at the plastics, a 5 minute test drive with shoulders practically touching, the golf cart feel and my enthusiasm had vanished. The decider was probably the horn which would do a Scooty proud. Guess what. Additional funding provided. Bought an A-Star. 4 months later, no regrets.
Old 11th August 2009, 12:54   #28
Senior - BHPian

In my opinion, the name 'Zen Estilo' is not only an insult to the Zen cult but also a sadly mistaken notion of being stylish. The Estilo takes the cake among the worst-looking cars today, many of which are from the Maruti stable.

Despite its boxy look, I find the WagonR better to look at, both outside and inside. I hate the dash of the Estillo and the A-Star---the only good dash in recent times from Maruti is in the Ritz.

I've never seen so many praises being showered on a dying model---but anyways, beauty lies in the eye of the beholder........btw, no offence meant to Estillo owners, but this is just my opinion.
Old 11th August 2009, 14:11   #29
BHPian

Completely agree with you , beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I liked the Estilo but hated and still hate the box looks of the WagonR. Its what you get when a 7 year old is asked to draw a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
Very convincing write up....

But to my eyes, the Estilo is of the ugliest cars on sale today. I would prefer the looks of a Wagon R to an Estilo.
Old 11th August 2009, 14:20   #30
BANNED

Quote:
PS: Mods, why is this thread even open in the first place?
Because..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmites View Post
The only car that was somewhat acceptable to him (after my convincing him that it was not girlish, great Maruti service, VFM) within his budget was the Estillo ( Great discounts and Exchange offers).

Quote:
Originally Posted by naj View Post
I had an opportunity to drive the Estilo a month back.
Two things that are not up to the mark in my opinion are -
1)The steering is very vague and does not feel connected to the wheels.
2)Tiny built .
Bring in the cheaper Alto and it fares better on the above counts.
1. Same as the Wagon R
2. All Maruti's

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks