Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2015, 16:10   #106
BHPian

Re: Number 3 - A Punto Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
The car still so fresh and new, does not seem to have already done close to 90K. How has the experience been from the cost perspective - scheduled services, spares etc? Do you feel Fiat after sales have improved over the years of ownership?

I simply love the alloys on your Punto.
Thank you for your compliments.
The experience has never been a cause of bother for me.
First, I used to service at TATA and post the FIAT-TATA separation, I give it at a local mechanic who is actually Fiat authorized.

From a cost perspective, each service, i.e. every 15,000kms costs me about 10k. I usually end up spending a bit more to get rid of the minor scratches/dents etc. So, effectively another 2-3k more to it.
gods-envy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2015, 17:12   #107
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gods-envy View Post
4 years on from the previous post-
Nothing major to report, except for a minor rattling sound from the left rear of the car (The very first rattling!!)
89000 kms done. Next Service due at 90000kms.
And this is the most recent snap of the car
Even my white Punto is nearing the 90k mark and currently at 85.5k. Mine looks bald compared to your Abarth stickered version though.

I feel the engine has opened up beautifully ever since the 75k mark. The car feels so different / eager to rev compared to the initial days. Any such feelings? I do get the engine oil and air filter changed every 7.5k kms though. Not sure if that is the reason.
Old 17th February 2015, 17:25   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gods-envy View Post
4 years on from the previous post-
Nothing major to report, except for a minor rattling sound from the left rear of the car (The very first rattling!!)
89000 kms done. Next Service due at 90000kms.
And this is the most recent snap of the car
Your car looks just out of the showroom spanking new and dandy.
My Red Devil 90MJD completed 70K recently. I got the entire timing chain and clutch unit replaced. Now the experience is better than when I got it from the showroom.
Old 17th February 2015, 17:29   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Even my white Punto is nearing the 90k mark and currently at 85.5k. Mine looks bald compared to your Abarth stickered version though.

I feel the engine has opened up beautifully ever since the 75k mark. The car feels so different / eager to rev compared to the initial days. Any such feelings? I do get the engine oil and air filter changed every 7.5k kms though. Not sure if that is the reason.
Your car might look bald but it definitely looks elegant. Because I see a couple of white Puntos on the road and I feel they look timeless and elegant. Mine on the other hand has lost the elegance, but looks more sporty. My personal opinion.

I am sure if you change the oil every 7.5k, the engine would be in great shape.
I felt the engine to be free revving post 60k because of a metal revitalizant that I put in my car.

http://xado.us/revitalizants/3d-gene...e-revitalizant
gods-envy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2015, 17:40   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivatsahg View Post
Your car looks just out of the showroom spanking new and dandy.
My Red Devil 90MJD completed 70K recently. I got the entire timing chain and clutch unit replaced. Now the experience is better than when I got it from the showroom.
Thanks Srivatsa. A lot of how it looks, should go to the credit of the photographer

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks