Team-BHP - Initial ownership report Toyota Corolla Altis-1.8G/Silver
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Initial ownership report Toyota Corolla Altis-1.8G/Silver (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/63371-initial-ownership-report-toyota-corolla-altis-1-8g-silver-2.html)

Nice car.
Have fun driving her.
Any reason why you didn't go for a Cedia? Do share.

congratulations!Nothing goes wrong with toyota corolla Altis, looks beautiful and huge, superb quality and strong built, keep updating and enjoy her ride.

Cedia got knocked out from the initial survey list due to HM! If they had a reasonable service, I would have been looking at it serious! It is a great drivers car and I am sure all that WRC technology must have trickled on to it!
Btw i am done with my first service today about 960 kms! The car was picked up from my house & delivered back. I paid nothing and was surprised for not paying even for pickup/drop service! Ofcourse Toyota does not change oil etc during 1K service. It is just a check up to see the engine is working fine and no loose parts etc.

It has been a good drive for about month now. So far managed to save the car from being bikers delight but then a trucker caught me the other day! I have hardly seen people doing proper right right turn! It was at a junction where we had to take a right turn and was around 10PM! I knew this trucker is getting too close and try to do as much as possible by steering to right! I thought I managed to let him go but he was adament to rub me off! you know at that time in the night my reflexes were poor to react quckly & further turn away from him! His tyre caught me at the left hand corner, some paint peel off & side indicator on the headlamp cluster blackened by this hard rub! (see pic)

Service guys could not clear the black mark off, I told them not to repaint but just give a bit of polish. No point for such scratch and also it would be an expensive proposition to get this repainted etc! Also may be this will act as a deterent to others to come close to me! Feel BAD but that is how the roads are, it does not matter how long you have been driving & how careful you are!

Sad to see the nasty scratch on your beauty. Why cant you go for a repainting? seeing it every time will be a definite let down for you.

May be your decision holds good in Bangalore's 'disciplined' traffic conditions.

Either Corolla Altis or Cedia will be going to be my next car, once I come back to India.

Forgot to congratulate you for your wonderfully wriiten, exhaustive review. Please continue posting periodic notes as it may help many in this forum.

Congrats for the new car!! Great car and great colour.

I would recommend not to do anything about the scratch as it on the bumper. It would not lead to any corrosion and bumpers are more prone to getting scratches, especially in bangalore traffic. You can get the bumper repainted if you get many more over the years. My experience with bumper touch ups was not good.

Nice detailed review. It would be great if you can write more on the driving experience and compare it to City. I hope Corolla is exciting to drive after owning a City.

Excellent car this is !! I drove this recently, I think the V model with Leather Seats & Electric Adjustable seats is also good VFM !! How much more is the V ?

The Altis is a great car. It's got fantastic interiors, the driving is really good.

Please keep this thread regularly updated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatienceWins (Post 1445423)
I would recommend not to do anything about the scratch as it on the bumper. It would not lead to any corrosion and bumpers are more prone to getting scratches, especially in bangalore traffic. You can get the bumper repainted if you get many more over the years.

I agree to this,
do not be too touchy about bumper scratches,
you may get it re-painted after 1-2 years if your ends up having too many scratches else for every scratch you have to spend 3-5K for a touch up job.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vkochar (Post 1445715)
Excellent car this is !! I drove this recently, I think the V model with Leather Seats & Electric Adjustable seats is also good VFM !! How much more is the V ?

The V is the Automatic one. The fully loaded manual is the GL. It costs 14.7L onroad in bangalore. Will be in mid 13's in delhi I guess.

You can read about the GL here :D

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...se-woohoo.html

Hello,
I am new to this site and came across this comprehensive review of the Corolla Altis by you and gee man i am impressed!! It is really good work and you have covered all aspects of it.
I too am planning to buy the Altis 1.8G this October and your post was really very helpful.
There are some things that i wanted to ask and share. The Altis 1.8G is abt 1.4 lk cheaper than the Honda Civic 1.8M and the only add on with the honda that is appealing to me is the dashboard, maybe the hydraulic steering (but wil have to test it actually) and that it comes with leather seat covers. But then the altis is definately more value for money.
I am not sure why has Toyota not gone in with the new 2ZZ-FE engine, which by the way is also doing thr duty in Srilanka let alone the rest of the world!!
Alos i want to know if you were able to get in any kind of discounts at your purchase? Did you buy leather seat covers or were pre installed in your selected model and if so then how much did they cost you?
One more thing that i wanted to clarify is about the warrenty part. This 3 years /100,000km warrenty dose it cover maintenance cost as well ?

hi...tht was really a great review. I too am plannign to buy the Altis 1.8G this october and wanted to know some things formyou.
Did u get the leather seat covers installed from Toyota?? If yes then may i know how much did it cost you for the same?
Secondly what other discounts/freebies can be expected? Did u go in for a lon and if yes then may i know the bank and about the paper work. Thanks

hello, that was indeed an awsome review. I too am gng to buy the altis 1.8G this october and had some queries. Did u get the leatehr seat covers instaled fomr the delaship itself and if yes then how much did they cost you?
What all discounts and freebies can be exected? and lastly if u took a loan how helpful was the dealership staff in getting the approval? Thanks.

Congrats on the new car !!

Let the bumper be for now ,, as rightly said in the forum earlier ,bumpers are prone to scratches and doing a repaint after approx 10000kms would bring back the new kinda look to the car ,,,so i suggest you hold on for now !!

Looking forward to you next experience report ! Cheers !

Quote:

Originally Posted by ankzvohra (Post 1469046)
What all discounts and freebies can be exected? and lastly if u took a loan how helpful was the dealership staff in getting the approval? Thanks.

You are bound in getting the loan through the dealer only. Make enquiries through web and at least 5 companies will land at your door in a few hours. Go for the best loan rates. Same thing about insurance.

Nice and detailed review.Although its very sad that you got a nasty kiss from that trucker.Hope thats the last one.

Thought of posting a quick update:
KM covered :5000 (5 months)
Service : 1 (1 month service)
Next service:12th month
Issues: Nothing except for occassional ICE screen going blank or blinking. It becomes OK if I turn it off & on
Main use : Home to office commute
Long Drive : One 350 km on each direction
KMPL : 11.4 in city, AC on, 50% on ring road
~10 with heavy foot on the pedal!
13.6 if I travel early morning/late evening( No bikers, auto, BMTC & Truckers criss crossing). I wish the road is always like this:Frustrati India can save tons of foreign exchange (fuel) and Planet earth can live bit longer!
Highway - 15+
Everything-ergonomics, ACC, ICE, Steering feel, Pedal position/travel
Dislikes:
Driver arm rest is hard & door side resting is not comfortable either