Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2012, 10:54   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Toyota Corolla Altis-Problems Galore!

For the brake issue, it doesnt sound like your pads or discs, but rather like the brakes not releasing properly when coming to a stand.
Eventually they move out when you start moving.
Try telling this to an FNG, and see if he is able to diagnose and fix.
Ask him to look for some problem between the pedal and the shoes.

I'd suggest you hold on to your replaced disc and pads(if you have them), and also show them around.
They might be alright, and could be used later.
Old 9th January 2012, 12:01   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gany View Post
Hi,
For the past 1.5 years I have been having harrowing time with my Altis!
An unhappy Toyota customer!
Gany
Sorry to hear about the troubles your car is causing you. TeamBHP does have quite a few thread that have information about consumer court case. One being particularly well detailed. I suggest doing a search on the forum, but here are a few threads worth delving into.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...d-3-years.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ase-court.html
(The owner won this case)

Here's the thing though, judging by the things you've cited, your car can't really be called a lemon. There are a few squeaks, some niggles (that you say are minor) and external odours entering the car, but I don't think this calls for a court case. Note, I fully sympathize with your dissatisfaction and the acknowledge the fact that Toyota should do better, but going to court will actually end up causing you more stress than the niggles you mention. If you are short of time to go to the dealership, showing up for court won't be very convenient.

Now, my immediate suggestion would be to go (or send your car threw someone else if you are too busy) to another Toyota dealer and try to sort this out. A call to the number listed on the corporate website might be in order as well (Toyota - Contact Us)

We also have some people on the forum who are more familiar with the law than me, and I hope they pitch in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
Which service center are you working with? You could discuss with Mr Vijayakumar (Nandi Toyota, Hosur road) or Mr Raghavendra Prasad (Nandi Toyota, Kanakpura Road), they'd definitely help you with their best. They are the heads of CR.
Solid point. Definitely a good idea.

Last edited by Amartya : 9th January 2012 at 12:06.
Old 9th January 2012, 12:50   #48
Senior - BHPian

If the 2nd problem is only happening when you move off in the morning, it could be that the handbrake shoes are binding and not getting released. Try parking overnight without the handbrake engaged and see if you get that sound in the morning.
Old 10th January 2012, 19:44   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Gany, sorry to hear about your problems. Looks like the air leak is not from the recirculate/ circulate vent , otherwise the technicians would fixed it by now. It seems to be from some other area which was supposed to be sealed but probably wasn't . Some lapse in assembly line, perhaps?

You haven't mentioned how many kms you have covered so far. Brake pads generally don't need replacement in 1& 1/2 yrs. Rear pads and discs definitely don't wear out faster than the front ones unless there is a serious defect in them. As vigsom mentioned, the service centres take the easy route of replacing things rather than investigating and going to the root cause.

These kind of issues are rare for a Toyota and the A.S.S not being able to solve the issue is even more rare. I found mechanics at Toyota to be the best trained of all the car cos.

PS : You also haven't mentioned which A.S.S you have been dealing with.

I can tell you from experience that foul smell never entered my car. Only when driving through very thick cloud of smoke there used to be a slight hint of a smokey smell would come inside and that too for very short period in my 2003 Corolla.

Last edited by Santoshbhat : 10th January 2012 at 19:53.
Old 10th January 2012, 22:34   #50
BHPian

For the recirc mode - The stepper motor could be faulty.
Regarding the sound - Need to get 1 or more A.S.S garage opinion to be real sure.
These are not major issues perhaps niggling problems. A filter cannot remove smoke smell only lessen it.
Old 10th January 2012, 23:44   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
For the past 1.5 years I have been having harrowing time with my Altis!
Immediately after recieving the car from 1st service, I went on long drive & noticed Truck exhaust fumes are finding way inside my car eventhough I had my ventilation in re-circulation mode. Upon giving it to service they replaced the filter saying rat had chewed the same. However the smell did not stop entering the car! with Honda product!

An unhappy Toyota customer!

Gany
Hey Gany, sorry to hear about the problems. I have Altis 2008 and recently got the same problem of outside smell coming inside.

Few months back we had a severe RAT problem. The rat chewed many things including wire going to printed Antenna, gear shift cover, my mobile charger, everything we used to left inside car etc, it even used to go to the boot.

I guess the rat chewed many places to come inside the cabin and that is what letting this smell come in. It could be part of air vent or not connected to that at all. Finally we got hold of him by a trap, but the problems are still there.
First check the cover at the bottom of gear rod. If that is torn or intact? Then check for the place from which Rat comes in the cabin. Dont leave the rat there get hold of it too.

HTH.
Old 15th January 2012, 18:16   #52
BHPian

Re: Initial ownership report Toyota Corolla Altis-1.8G/Silver

Thanks HTH, I will get another thorough check on this. My car dashboard was removed 2 or 3 times but nothing was noticed. But you will never know!
Old 15th August 2012, 21:13   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks HTH, I will get another thorough check on this. My car dashboard was removed 2 or 3 times but nothing was noticed. But you will never know!
Gany, how is this car doing now?
I've been looking at an Altis. So, just wanted to know the latest on your ride issues.

Regards
Rex
Old 23rd April 2015, 11:53   #54
BHPian

Gany, I am too late to offer you this help. But do let me know if your issues still persist. I have good connect at Toyota (TKM) and I can share with you the Head - Customer Service's email.
Old 9th March 2016, 13:34   #55
BHPian

Hi Gany,

I read your complete report and found it very exhaustive with respect to Altis ownership.

It's been a while since you posted any update on the vehicle. What happened to the brake pad issue? How is the vehicle holding up now?

I am planning for a pre-worshipped Altis in some time, hence your inputs are much appreciated!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks