Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2009, 19:32   #16
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Raamki on the ZXI.
Nice color & Do Drive Safe.

Any plans to upgrade the ICE? though the stock ICE is good enough but it does lack the capability to please a ICE fanatic!
Old 13th August 2009, 19:41   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations sir. You have made the right choice, may you enjoy her for years to come. And drive her safely, yet have super fun with her! God bless her and your family.
Old 13th August 2009, 20:05   #18
Senior - BHPian

Very pleasant color. Congrats. And many happy miles.

For some reason, I like the previous front look with headlamps than this one.
Old 13th August 2009, 20:12   #19
Senior - BHPian

Wow, congratulations again again again ! Photos very much reminded me of my delivery, same spot, same person handing over the keys and hope you got that box of very good quality chocolates too ! I really liked it. I just missed those photos though, a camera was with me, but in the excitement I even forgot to hand it over to someone. May be I was too much in a hurry to drive her out to the main road after waiting for a month !

I am sure your redsoul product will be a higher quality altogether. Let us know what model and cost you chose. Side strips will be a painful waiting, I still have not got mine. Did you get the 5 ltr petrol free coupon for India Garage, st.Marks road ? I still have not used it, waiting to drive to the city after tire change on saturday. Any commitment on the number plate ? I had taken delivery in the morning, and same night they came and fixed mine.

Please dont forget to share everything here. We still have 4 more fiesta guys waiting to take delivery. Hubli guys were supposed to take delivery tomorow, as of now, its still in transit. Check the tire pressure, mine was not uniform. Forget the dealer recommendation and try 32 on all tires, it should be very comfortable. I didnt follow any run-in rules, driving as usual, trying not to exceed 2500 RPM though. Engine breaking would be helpful in the initial period than jamming the break pedals late. I will post whenever I remember something.

Enjoy the drive, you didnt comment anything about your drive home.
Old 13th August 2009, 21:16   #20
BHPian

Congratz !! The 1.6 is too good. It goes upto easy 170kms still sitting on the roads. I am sure it can be pushed more. Drive safe !!!
Old 13th August 2009, 21:40   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Enjoy the drive, you didnt comment anything about your drive home.
Got the box of chocolates as well, damn tasty ones!! my parents had me drive into the most busiest roads around malleshwaram to buy the puja stuff, almost went upto palace guttahalli circle!! an auto tried to squeeze in from the left at a signal and almost took the left ovrm with him, but its still there without a scratch!! that apart, it was quite peaceful!!

The redsoul guys were at my place at 7:30pm, we choose the rear view display system, it's clips onto the stock mirror and is quite big as well. Also got the body matching sensor colors luckily! It cost us 4400rs. What impressed me most was the professionalism of the guys who came to install it, they seemed to be very knowledgeable and worked around my car like they knew it inside out! thanks for suggesting them to me, will highly recommend them!! (attaching a few pics of the system, low quality)

Nope, did'nt get that 5 litre coupon!! They would've come to know of the number only at 7:30PM (that's what the sales rep said), we've still not been informed of it. He said he will get the number plate along with the side strips on Monday!

Sure buddy, thanks for all the info, how about fuel? he said something about adding 1ml of Iftex system-g fuel additive along with every litre of petrol OR re-fuelling at Shell as it comes with this additive anyway. you following that recommendation?

MODS: Please change the title of this thread to, FORD FIESTA1.6 DURATEC ZXI, PLATINUM : NOW DELIVERED!!
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Fiesta 1.6 Duratec ZXI, Platinum : Ownership Experience!-13082009066.jpg  

Ford Fiesta 1.6 Duratec ZXI, Platinum : Ownership Experience!-13082009069.jpg  

Ford Fiesta 1.6 Duratec ZXI, Platinum : Ownership Experience!-13082009070.jpg  

Last edited by raamki : 13th August 2009 at 21:45.
Old 14th August 2009, 01:01   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
congrats.... she is a hoot to drive.... good decision!
thanks buddy!! she sure is!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Congrats Raamki on the ZXI.
Nice color & Do Drive Safe.

Any plans to upgrade the ICE? though the stock ICE is good enough but it does lack the capability to please a ICE fanatic!
Thanks pal, sure will!! btw, am not a huge ICE fanatic, although i really admire cars with those funky looking HU's and the heavy duty speakers and woofers!! the stock ICE on the fiesta is more than just good, it's way better than what i've been listening to on my santro for the last 4 years!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Congratulations sir. You have made the right choice, may you enjoy her for years to come. And drive her safely, yet have super fun with her! God bless her and your family.
thanks frank!! when are you driving home your babie??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Very pleasant color. Congrats. And many happy miles.

For some reason, I like the previous front look with headlamps than this one.
thanks buddy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nityanand.s.s View Post
Congratz !! The 1.6 is too good. It goes upto easy 170kms still sitting on the roads. I am sure it can be pushed more. Drive safe !!!
Thanks nityanand, i dunt think i'll ever do 170 but awesome!! love the car totally!!
Old 14th August 2009, 01:03   #23
Senior - BHPian

I can see your excitement Raamki. My baby is coming in TODAY! YAYYY!
She has been registered and will be delivered to us tomorrow morning, by about 1030 AM. Dying to have her and drive her!
Old 14th August 2009, 01:13   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on an very good purchase, Enjoy to the fullest.
Old 14th August 2009, 01:15   #25
BHPian

Awesome Frank, super good stuff!! apparently, 2 other T-BHPians are getting their ZXI's tomorrow as well!! good luck and post a dozen pics!!

btw, how is the ICE'ing plan coming along? did you figure out if those speakers will fit into the panels on the doors?
Old 14th August 2009, 01:18   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Congrats on an very good purchase, Enjoy to the fullest.
thanks buddy!! btw, advance congratulations on your soon to be promotion!! 50 more posts and you are a 'Senior BHPian'!

MODS:
Sorry about the 2 posts, please merge them & kindly also change the title of this thread to, FORD FIESTA 1.6 DURATEC ZXI, PLATINUM : NOW DELIVERED!!

Last edited by raamki : 14th August 2009 at 01:24.
Old 15th August 2009, 07:27   #27
BHPian

congrats raamki.. I am going to post my review now
Old 15th August 2009, 10:12   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gksunil View Post
congrats raamki.. I am going to post my review now
Hey sunil! congrats on your new car as well, please post a lot of pics!
Old 17th August 2009, 21:44   #29

Great car Raamki,
Congrats! It looks beautiful. I believe it's a great decision. Have you decided to add any eatra accessories ? What about seat covers? Which ones are you proposing to put?
BTW how do you look up VIN ?
Old 18th August 2009, 00:26   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaxis View Post
Great car Raamki,
Congrats! It looks beautiful. I believe it's a great decision. Have you decided to add any eatra accessories ? What about seat covers? Which ones are you proposing to put?
BTW how do you look up VIN ?
thank you sir!! so far, we've only added the reverse parking sensors (red soul - direct from the company) and the chrome side strips (from metro ford).

we are not planning any other immediate upgrades but a yeah, the alloy/tyre change is definitely in the pipeline, the car is at my dad's place at the moment and he does'nt drive much, we're talking less than 10kms a day on weekdays! his office is bang opp where he lives!! once i start using the car more regularly, i'll switch to michelins on alloys!! maybe, 6 months down the line! (i currently drive it only over the weekends when am over at my dad's place)

the stock seats look just fine to us, but if it starts getting dirty sooner than expected, we'll add the seat covers! Karrlson i hear is a very good brand, infact similar quality to that of Stanley's except with a cheaper price tag!

about the VIN, its located to the left of the remote fuel lid opener, flip the little rectangle mat up, and you'll be able to see it! it'll look very similar to --> MAJBXXMRJB9AXXXXX (picture on shaju's thread), once you identify your VIN, you can decode it on this site, Mad Moles VIN Decoder

So, if the 11th and the 12 position on your VIN reads 9 & A respectively, then just like our cars, your's was manufactured in July 2009 as well! Let me know if you need help decoding it!

Last edited by raamki : 18th August 2009 at 00:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks