Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2009, 16:44   #31
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the buy,pls add a rear spoiler to it.It looks good for Fiesta.
Old 19th August 2009, 00:22   #32
BHPian

thanks buddy!! dad's going to use it primarily and he's against the idea! he believes it truly lives upto its name, 'SPOIL-ER'!! but yeah, agree, looks good for sure but very expensive! Ford original spoiler costs 8k!!

coming up soon are the tyre/alloy upgrades!!
Old 23rd August 2009, 13:55   #33
BHPian

Mileage Update:

Initial Fill: 40 litres of premium unleaded petrol @ BP
ODO reading at the time of the fill: 80KMs
Reading on the 'Distance to Empty' Indicator after the full refill: 570Kms

ODO reading as of now: 350KMs
Fuel guage indicator : exactly at the half way mark
Reading on the 'Distance to Empty' Indicator now - 260Kms

So assuming it's used up about 20 litres - it's been driven for 270Kms which averages to 13.5 KM/L. This with AC off and ON, includes both City & Highway drivng!

May not be an accurate figure but is 13KM a decent FE for City driving conditions for the fiesta (1.6)?

we were expecting to get about 12 but anything over is certainly good for sure!!

Have a question though, will the FE drop considerably if we switched back to normal petrol on the next refill?

Attaching a few pictures with the chrome side strips and the HSRP's. Also added a high quality picture of the redsoul JH4 series rear view mirror for the reverse parking display.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Fiesta 1.6 Duratec ZXI, Platinum : Ownership Experience!-dsc00853.jpg  

Ford Fiesta 1.6 Duratec ZXI, Platinum : Ownership Experience!-dsc00855.jpg  

Ford Fiesta 1.6 Duratec ZXI, Platinum : Ownership Experience!-dsc00857.jpg  

Ford Fiesta 1.6 Duratec ZXI, Platinum : Ownership Experience!-dsc00859.jpg  

Ford Fiesta 1.6 Duratec ZXI, Platinum : Ownership Experience!-dsc00860.jpg  

Old 23rd August 2009, 13:59   #34
Senior - BHPian

LOOOVELy photos! And cheers. I get only 8 :-( boo hoo!

OT: I would have got this rear view parking mirror but I fear how much the mirror will vibrate when I install the ICE. ;-)
Old 23rd August 2009, 14:13   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
LOOOVELy photos! And cheers. I get only 8 :-( boo hoo!

OT: I would have got this rear view parking mirror but I fear how much the mirror will vibrate when I install the ICE. ;-)
frankie, may be it's the traffic in Bombay? it's not any better here but dad lives bang opposite his work place. All he does is, drive out of the basement, get onto the main road, takes a right at the next signal and he's in the institute!! so, he very rarely gets caught in bumper-bumper traffic!!

but even otherwise, 8 is not acceptable! i was reading comments about this on your thread and like most of them suggested already, i think its got to do with the fuel! Try Shell and see how it goes!!
Old 23rd August 2009, 14:15   #36
Senior - BHPian

we don't have shell, sir. we are starved of good petrol. let's see how it goes this time
Old 23rd August 2009, 18:24   #37
BHPian

frank, there is one in Navi Mumbai, not sure how far it is from where you live but here you go, Shell in India - Shell Station Locator

Address:
Shell India Retail Outlet Premises
Plot No. R 831/1
Thane Belapur Road
Rabale,
Navi Mumbai 400708
Old 23rd August 2009, 19:59   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
Mileage Update:

Initial Fill: 40 litres of premium unleaded petrol @ BP
ODO reading at the time of the fill: 80KMs
Reading on the 'Distance to Empty' Indicator after the full refill: 570Kms

ODO reading as of now: 350KMs
Fuel guage indicator : exactly at the half way mark
Reading on the 'Distance to Empty' Indicator now - 260Kms

So assuming it's used up about 20 litres - it's been driven for 270Kms which averages to 13.5 KM/L. This with AC off and ON, includes both City & Highway drivng!

May not be an accurate figure but is 13KM a decent FE for City driving conditions for the fiesta (1.6)?

we were expecting to get about 12 but anything over is certainly good for sure!!

Have a question though, will the FE drop considerably if we switched back to normal petrol on the next refill?

Attaching a few pictures with the chrome side strips and the HSRP's. Also added a high quality picture of the redsoul JH4 series rear view mirror for the reverse parking display.
The car is looking very nice and specially the Platinum colour gives feel of executive class vehicle. (Other colours are also nice but this comment came sidha 'Dil Se' as I also booked car of same colour )
Old 23rd August 2009, 20:33   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

@raamki: Shouldn't shorter distances mean that the FE should be lower? Mainly because the engine hasn't warmed up.
But if you are getting 13 in the petrol, it is still good.

@Frank: Don't worry about it. I would blame the traffic, which has become considerably worse. Our fiesta D gives us 13-14 in traffic!
Old 23rd August 2009, 23:58   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
The car is looking very nice and specially the Platinum colour gives feel of executive class vehicle. (Other colours are also nice but this comment came sidha 'Dil Se' as I also booked car of same colour )
absolutely buddy! you won't be disappointed with the Platinum one bit! the only problem i've seen with this color though is that it looks really faded once the shine is gone! but thats only over time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
@raamki: Shouldn't shorter distances mean that the FE should be lower? Mainly because the engine hasn't warmed up.
But if you are getting 13 in the petrol, it is still good.
lambo, that's what i thought as well which is why am still not very sure if 13 is a highway or a city FE figure!! of the 350 it's done so far, 180-200 of it was on the highway!! so really, am super happy if it averages to 12 in the city even!!

anyway, i'll be using it more often starting next month and I drive way more than what dad does at the moment, so am i'll keep you posted on the FE in city!!
Old 24th August 2009, 11:37   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
....Also added a high quality picture of the redsoul JH4 series rear view mirror for the reverse parking display.
Sir, can the reverse parking display be flipped up and use the Ford's stock mirror during long runs and only bring it down when you are going to reverse park somewhere?

I am wondering, why do we need to clip on the reverse parking display mirror on the stock mirror and use it always when we can have an option of flip up the reverse parking display and use the stock mirror, if i am not wrong, Ford's stock rear mirror is really good to use.
Old 24th August 2009, 11:52   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajird View Post
Sir, can the reverse parking display be flipped up and use the Ford's stock mirror during long runs and only bring it down when you are going to reverse park somewhere?

I am wondering, why do we need to clip on the reverse parking display mirror on the stock mirror and use it always when we can have an option of flip up the reverse parking display and use the stock mirror, if i am not wrong, Ford's stock rear mirror is really good to use.
That's a good question. Ever since I installed a reverse camera, which also uses a mirror mounted on the stock mirror, I found the rear view to be about 40 % dimmer than the stock mirror,when the camera is off. So in nights, the rear view is not all that good, though bright headlights in the rear are no longer worrisome.
I know how to remove the external mirror and push the wire connected to it out of sight, but then I would need to push the add on mirror beneath the front seat for storage. Since this is too much of a hassle, I leave it as it is.
Old 24th August 2009, 12:17   #43
BHPian

Quote:

@ raamki - I have the same doubt as balajird. and even i have been informed that Ford stock mirrors are really good. will the sensor with beep (no display) be sufficient? or is the display really helpful

thanks !!
Old 24th August 2009, 12:49   #44
Senior - BHPian

Raamki, lovely pictures of HSRP and chrome lined side strips you have got there ! But coming to the mileage calculation, I doubt how much you can depend on the DTE disply and do the math, because many Ford owners have reported the DTE varies at different situations (parked, bumper to bumper, highway etc). Best way to get the accurate figure will be full tank (auto cut off) to full tank at the same Bunk. Ford claims only 10 kmpl officially, so if you are getting anything more than that, thank God ! I am yet to check my figures.
Old 24th August 2009, 18:20   #45
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishgandhi_00 View Post
@ raamki - I have the same doubt as balajird. and even i have been informed that Ford stock mirrors are really good. will the sensor with beep (no display) be sufficient? or is the display really helpful

thanks !!
As far as i know, the wire from the rear view display mirror on our car (the one that connects to the control unit) cannot be detached from the mirror end, so removing it completely or flipping it up and down when required is not an option at all.

Tell you what, the stock mirror was not used for long for me to comment on the difference between it and the redsoul rear view!! the car was delivered at 5pm, the redsoul was on a couple hours later!!

Major difference if you ask me, the angle of visibility is wider that what it would have been on the stock because the new mirror is bigger! as far as the display goes, it only comes on when the reverse gear is engaged! Otherwise, it's very much like the stock mirror!

About the display itself, it has a little image of a car with little dots flashing on either sides. On the right of the image, it displays the distance between the sensors and the object it's getting closer to in Meters. It also has a voice assist system which tells you which sensor is closest to the object! Say for example, the sensor to the extreme left is very close to an object, the lady comes on and literally screams, LEFT - STOP STOP STOP STOP!

This in my opinion is the biggest advantage over the LED where you are only alerted by the beeper where the beeps get louder and faster as you get closer to an object, irrespective of which sensor is detecting the object!

Btw, we did not opt for the camera, it's just the basic rear view display sensor system. the pics of the display is on the 2nd page of this thread.

Hope this info helps. I can maybe capture a video of how it works and post it here over the weekend!!

Last edited by raamki : 24th August 2009 at 18:31.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks