Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2009, 11:21   #16
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmites View Post
After 10 mins, requested again, receptionist went up to the meeting room and came back again, "Sir few minutes more". 10 minutes later, I went back and said if he is not here immediately, I will have to write to Fiat. "Sir he is in a sales training session with Fiat people" My brother and I were stunned. Here there are 15 people in the showroom wanting to buy a Fiat, and Fiat is training them in a classroom, how to sell cars!!)
This takes the cake. Maybe thats how Fiat trains its sales people.
BTW, isn't it oxymoron that Fiat conducts training on sales? Its like George Bush's discourse on peace
Old 13th August 2009, 11:25   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your buy , loved your narration I hope FIAT person has provided feedback to higher ups for not engaging all sales people in a showroom together for training session.
Old 13th August 2009, 11:33   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Pragmites, enjoy the Italian beauty & Admiration!

Do share your first impressions of Linea compared to NHC...
Old 13th August 2009, 12:41   #19
BHPian

Congratulations! The Linea is a great car. Hopefully over time the dealership experience will get better.

If you run in to any issues feel free to PM me. My car spent so much time at the workshop during the first few months that I know tons of people at Fiat, Tata and B.U. Bhandari now .
Old 13th August 2009, 12:55   #20
Senior - BHPian

Very well written report. Had me in splits. The part about Fiat training while customers wait had me . Only Fiat could do something like this!
Old 13th August 2009, 13:08   #21
BHPian

Once upon a time I wanted to take a look at the Indica V2. (Circa 2003-4). I walked into the biggest Telco dealership at the time Pandit Automotive. Guess what the showroom was neat and the cars displayed were clean but not one person in sight to keep a track of what was happening.
I wanted to enquire about the prices etc etc but after 10-15 minutes no one turned up. Finally I found a new Indigo with the keys left in the ignition , I turned on the engine and raised it for a few revs....guess what at least 2-3 salesmen , 1 supervisor the receptionist all came out running...
No wonder Fiat is teaching them to sell cars
Old 13th August 2009, 13:11   #22
Senior - BHPian

Welcome To Linea Club Pragmites,

What is the mileage you currently getting from your car?
Enjoy and Happy Driving
Old 13th August 2009, 14:03   #23
Shivashara

First of all congratulations on buying a beauty. Your story is quite intersting and funny as well.
I am also looking for some cars is this range therefore onwer experience will be good to know.

Old 13th August 2009, 14:30   #24
BHPian

Thanks All.
Quote:
BTW, isn't it oxymoron that Fiat conducts training on sales? Its like George Bush's discourse on peace
A for effort!

Quote:
Congratulations on your buy , loved your narration I hope FIAT person has provided feedback to higher ups for not engaging all sales people in a showroom together for training session.
No chance. The Fiat trainer was absolutely convinced that he was doing the right thing

Quote:
If you run in to any issues feel free to PM me. My car spent so much time at the workshop during the first few months that I know tons of people at Fiat, Tata and B.U. Bhandari now
Thanks CarsPG. I am hoping I don't have to take you up on your offer

Quote:
Congrats Pragmites, enjoy the Italian beauty & Admiration!

Do share your first impressions of Linea compared to NHC...
FinneyP, Perhaps it is a little early to do that but:
-Road Presence, looks,featurs IMHO, there is no comparison between NHC ( even ANHC) and Linea
-Ride quality of Linea is definitely superior. Feels a lot more solid
-Ingress-egress is much better in Linea, both front and rear.
-Lumbar support is definitely better
-Turning Radius in NHC was much better. I cannot enter my garage ( need a sharp right turn) in one go.
-Not a single fault detected in NHC. With Linea, I have already had the bonnet release lever fall off, and the driver side door does not hut easily
-Love the solid thud of the doors in the Linea

Quote:
Once upon a time I wanted to take a look at the Indica V2. (Circa 2003-4). I walked into the biggest Telco dealership at the time Pandit Automotive. Guess what the showroom was neat and the cars displayed were clean but not one person in sight to keep a track of what was happening.
I wanted to enquire about the prices etc etc but after 10-15 minutes no one turned up. Finally I found a new Indigo with the keys left in the ignition , I turned on the engine and raised it for a few revs....guess what at least 2-3 salesmen , 1 supervisor the receptionist all came out running...
No wonder Fiat is teaching them to sell cars
Not much has changed at Pandit. Except the showroom is airconditioned. On the 2 occasions I was there, it was off. I will give them the benefit of the doubt and attribute it to load shedding

Quote:
Welcome To Linea Club Pragmites,

What is the mileage you currently getting from your car?
Thanks Karthik. You were one of those that helped me take the plunge. I have barely done about 40Km in last 3 days, so perhaps too early to mention a mileage figure. But shows 10.6 100% AC on, 100% city driving
Old 13th August 2009, 15:56   #25
Senior - BHPian

So that's why you replied "Erstwhile Fiat owner true, but the prodigal returns within a week" to my post in your introduction!

Many congratulations on your new car, and wish you a million miles of safe & happy driving!

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 13th August 2009, 16:21   #26
Senior - BHPian

welcome aboard the teambhp linea ship. ahoy!

and finally what did you book emotion or emotion pack??
post us the pics soon!!

wish you a happy motoring
Old 13th August 2009, 17:11   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
So that's why you replied "Erstwhile Fiat owner true, but the prodigal returns within a week" to my post in your introduction!

Many congratulations on your new car, and wish you a million miles of safe & happy driving!

Cheers,
Vikram
Thanks Vikram. Except that I did not know that a week could be so long

@geeash. Finally Emotion.
Old 13th August 2009, 18:03   #28
BANNED

Congrats, Pragmites & Welcom to the "Gang"

Quote:
For the first time I wish my office was furher away from my work place. I can drive the Linea only 5 minutes in the morning and 5 minutes in the evening on work days. Waiting for the week end.
I agree. Though my office-residence takes 2 hours (1 way), the passion of driving the beauty keeps me interested. I had hired a driver for my earlier car & promptly released him while buying Linea
Old 13th August 2009, 18:07   #29
Senior - BHPian

enjoyed reading your story boss! congrats for finally getting your linea and becoming a true true linean
Old 13th August 2009, 20:45   #30
BHPian

@VP
Thanks for all your inputs that have gone into my buying the Linea.
@Anekho. Thanks! Btw, Gothenburg was on my regular route in my previous Company

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks