Team-BHP - Oh no! Another Linea Story
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Oh no! Another Linea Story (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/63442-oh-no-another-linea-story-3.html)

Does anyone have a track of how many Lineans on tbhp? I think there was a poll sometime back, but can't seem to find it. Its time it was updated!

his experience is similar to mine. i fell in love with the fiat linea. bought it. facing routine problems with poor quality of components. rusting has already begun on a one month old product. dunno what to do about that. overall, a lovely car. only if fiat could have cared a bit more on quality aspect.

hey pragmites,

First of all ..thanks for your write -up...i almost ***pt.

i would like to ask you one thing...this noon, i drove my friend's linea for about 50 kms...whenever i acelerated, the engine used to roar...i mean the engine noise was a loud...as if ITS A CLUTCH DRAG , is it so in your car too ?

pls do let me know.

Hi Pragmites congrats for being Lineans, hope you are enjoying it the fullest.

Pragmites, Congrats on your new Car.

Post some pics mate. I am sure, you will enjoy owning the car

Welcome to the linea club.
great story.. i've experienced the back pain in my dad's NHC vtec as well.

Watch for the tyre humming issue. if it comes up contact goodyear immediately.Oh yes and the Linea L falling off from the logo.

After posting on other threads, I thought it's time to get bak to my own.

On Saturday, made my first out-of-the city trip to village Kolwan ( Mulshi taluka) about 50km each way. Due to traffic, I could barely do 70-80 kmph on a couple of short stretches, but average speed was barely 32 kmph. Average Consumption 12.3kmpl. (3 people 100%AC). Car has now just under 500km on the odo.

At times the car took the moderate ghats exceedingly well, and at times it struggled. But seemed to wobble side-to side when driving slowly over even the smallest bumps in the road.

Positives so far:
-No body rattles.
-Steering is good
-Seating position does not give me back aches ( vs NHC)
-Cooling
-Feels great on smooth roads
-Chrome beadings in tact so far!
Negatives:
-Since yesterday slight hissing sound on pressing accelerator
-Noise from engine on accelerating ( like timing is not right)(New)
-Too much wobble over bumps ( suspension/shocks/tyre pressure?)(Not sure if it was there from the start.
-Sound from AC fan, not very loud, but can be heard if music is off ( New)
-Passenger side wiper does not wipe the windshield ( Like not enough pressure)(From Day1)
-Bonnet release lever has fallen off for the second time ( Press fitted back the first time)
-As I mentioned in my PDI findings, drivers door needs a little extra force to shut.

Looks like TASS pre-service visit is unavoidable

Hi Pragmites

I too have booked my Petrol Linea emotion pk F.Red color with BUB. Delivery is promised by this month end though I'm not very sure he'll meet that. Have you loaded any accessories like sun-film, seat covers etc.? Also, will you have any tips for me based on your experience with BUB? Would like to talk to you in detail if possible.

Thanks
Vineet

The shutting of the doors thing may well be due to air pressure, unless you are not facing it on all doors. Try closing the door with the window open a crack, this allows air to be displaced. If the door closes easily, you have the answer.

Shoddy workmanship as evidenced by the bonnet release lever is quite unforgiveable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vineet_k21 (Post 1447455)
Hi Pragmites

I too have booked my Petrol Linea emotion pk F.Red color with BUB. Delivery is promised by this month end though I'm not very sure he'll meet that. Have you loaded any accessories like sun-film, seat covers etc.? Also, will you have any tips for me based on your experience with BUB? Would like to talk to you in detail if possible.

Thanks
Vineet

Sure, pm me for my number. The only accessory I have had fitted is reverse sensors and they have done a very god job with that. I do not plan on sun-film for a while so that I am sure the rattles are not due to Fiat workmanship. I plan to shop around for seat covers before making a decision. I quite like the fabric feel of what is provided but I know it will get soiled sooner or later.

As far as tips: Please do a Pre-delivery Inspection using TBHP checklist irrespective of the dealer you are buying from ( A friend just picked up his Linea on Sunday and realized the AC is not working). I did not have anything major but few cleaning/sticker removal problems which could have been irritants.
Also, if you get the insurance directly, you will save 7-8K on the insurance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by filcord (Post 1447469)
The shutting of the doors thing may well be due to air pressure, unless you are not facing it on all doors. Try closing the door with the window open a crack, this allows air to be displaced. If the door closes easily, you have the answer.

Shoddy workmanship as evidenced by the bonnet release lever is quite unforgiveable.

The door does close easily if one of the other doors is open. And this was demonstrated to me during the PDI. But it did not occur to me to do the same with the other doors. stupid: And the other doors close easily even with the remaining doors shut.

The bonnet release lever is an irritant. I am just hoping the issues with suspension/engine/ac are minor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pragmites (Post 1447573)
The door does close easily if one of the other doors is open. And this was demonstrated to me during the PDI. But it did not occur to me to do the same with the other doors. stupid: And the other doors close easily even with the remaining doors shut.

The bonnet release lever is an irritant. I am just hoping the issues with suspension/engine/ac are minor.

Seems to be more of teething problems :) all the best for all your long drives. By the way one question , have you taken your Linea on the open road rather a straight patch of road with few or no potholes like the expressway and pushed her to say upto 120 kmh ? What is your experience ?

Congrats !! I like this red shade ONLY on the linea...looks quite hot !

Quote:

Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 (Post 1448272)
Seems to be more of teething problems :) all the best for all your long drives. By the way one question , have you taken your Linea on the open road rather a straight patch of road with few or no potholes like the expressway and pushed her to say upto 120 kmh ? What is your experience ?

One of my friends while test driving on hinjewadi highway (NH-4) pushed the car to 125 on a long open stretch and the car was rock solid the sales person sitting behind did not ever realize till I asked my friend to take it slow. He was damn impressed by it though for me it was routine as I am used to FIAT stability. I am driving Palio for past 4 years now and have clocked 145KMPH without any loss of confidence.

Quote:

Seems to be more of teething problems all the best for all your long drives. By the way one question , have you taken your Linea on the open road rather a straight patch of road with few or no potholes like the expressway and pushed her to say upto 120 kmh ? What is your experience ?
Yes, I was prepared for teething problems, but still it is quite irritating. No haven't yet taken it on the Expressway, will do so as soon as I get the chance, but when driving at 80, you don't realize it until you get the speed alarm.
Quote:

I am used to FIAT stability. I am driving Palio for past 4 years now and have clocked 145KMPH without any loss of confidence.
I know what you mean. Had a 1.6 Siena which I had travelled on the expressway and tested at 155. One of the reasons for the new Linea:).

Quote:

Congrats !! I like this red shade ONLY on the linea...looks quite hot !
Thanks. agree:That's why I got the Red