Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2009, 14:38   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Question to Linea Petrol owners: Do you guys use regular or premium petrol? I have been asked to use regular petrol.
I use regular petrol. i had been advised right from the start not to use premium one.
Old 31st August 2009, 15:08   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Service expereince sounds good. I have heard a lot of good stuff about BUB. It makes me think if I should get my Punto serviced from there instead of the moronic Fortune, Nerul guys here! My Punto has crossed 2500kms. I am planning to get the service done from Fortune, Powai but the traffic in that area scared me.
Well, the BUB workshop is a little after you get off the expressway. So probably quicker to reach from Nerul versus Powai. Set up the appointment with the Works GM first through email.

Quote:
I use regular petrol. i had been advised right from the start not to use premium one.
Thanks for confirming. So do I, but was just wondering due to some not-so-nice sounds from the engine occasionally. The handbook just says "not less than 91 octane"
Old 31st August 2009, 15:29   #78
BHPian

Good to hear about a nice A.S.S. experince from Fiat-Tata. Even my experience during the first service was good. The car was cleaned and polished well but what impressed me most was that they delivered the car at the time that they had predicted. IMO Fiat after sales support is ok but some of the Tata service centres are not upto the mark and because of these few incompetent idiots the A.S.S. of Fiat is still being questioned.
Old 31st August 2009, 15:33   #79
Senior - BHPian

BUB is doing good in Pune. I always go to them for their knowledge in FIAT cars.
Old 1st September 2009, 11:17   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Good to hear about a nice A.S.S. experince from Fiat-Tata. Even my experience during the first service was good. The car was cleaned and polished well but what impressed me most was that they delivered the car at the time that they had predicted. IMO Fiat after sales support is ok but some of the Tata service centres are not upto the mark and because of these few incompetent idiots the A.S.S. of Fiat is still being questioned.
They had told me 5PM, but finished much before that, probably because I was waiting. But I must mention, i did not see too much "time pass" happening even with the other cars. The board inside the workshop that showed cars not delivered same day had just 1 car on it

Quote:
BUB is doing good in Pune. I always go to them for their knowledge in FIAT cars.
So far so good! I haven't really tested their knowledge of Fiat cars and I hope I don't have to!

Yesterday I got a follow up email from Mr Gopal, the works manager asking for feedback. ( This is in addition to the card I filled up as part of their routine). And my response was also acknowledged.
Old 1st September 2009, 11:32   #81
BHPian

I'm going today to BUB to check my car before it's sent for registration (I demanded this as per some suggestions read here) and pay the balance amount as well.

Any expert advices on what I should look for today?
Old 1st September 2009, 12:06   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineet_k21 View Post
I'm going today to BUB to check my car before it's sent for registration (I demanded this as per some suggestions read here) and pay the balance amount as well.

Any expert advices on what I should look for today?
Hi Vineet. Congrats on the new wheels. Please download the tbhp checklist and go through all the items. Allow at least 90 mins to go through it properly.
Old 1st September 2009, 12:07   #83
JRD
BHPian

check for color differences and or scratches. Just to be safe.
Old 1st September 2009, 12:14   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmites View Post
Hi Vineet. Congrats on the new wheels. Please download the tbhp checklist and go through all the items. Allow at least 90 mins to go through it properly.
Thanks Pragmites. Yes, I've the checklist from TBHP to go through today. If all goes well, BUB sales manager is saying delivery can be done tomorrow. Don't think so frankly. Also I'm taking insurance from outside as I'm saving >8k due to no-claim-bonus from my previous car.
Old 1st September 2009, 12:41   #85
BHPian

@ Vineet
Congrats Vineet for your purchase. Looking forward to your experiences. Do start your own thread. Till then.
Old 1st September 2009, 13:37   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
One of my friends while test driving on hinjewadi highway (NH-4) pushed the car to 125 on a long open stretch and the car was rock solid the sales person sitting behind did not ever realize till I asked my friend to take it slow. He was damn impressed by it though for me it was routine as I am used to FIAT stability. I am driving Palio for past 4 years now and have clocked 145KMPH without any loss of confidence.
I touch 130 - 140 daily on my palio on my way to work.... no problems so far... 6 years and 1.25 L kms...
Old 1st September 2009, 14:36   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Pragmites. Yes, I've the checklist from TBHP to go through today. If all goes well, BUB sales manager is saying delivery can be done tomorrow. Don't think so frankly. Also I'm taking insurance from outside as I'm saving >8k due to no-claim-bonus from my previous car.
If all the papers are in order ( including your insurance cover note), you can get delivery after 5PM tomorrow.
Old 1st September 2009, 20:52   #88
BHPian

A quick update. Went to BUB dealership today and took first "darshan" of my lady standing in flamenco red! Wasn't very clean - may be because it was driven from Ranjangaon but still I'm not convinced abut odometer showing 106 km done. Didn't get enough time to run through entire PDI checklist but did a quick one and have told sales lady that I'll do a full review before delivery. I must say the lady is least bothered what I do with my vehicle and in fact sales!

So some doubts that I have - is 106 km reading ok? Chassis no. is MCA11071609009377HPZ. As per my notes from TBHP threads this translates into car is manufactured in Aug 09. Any expert help pretty much appreciated.

One peculiar thing I noticed was on front wheel discs there looks like some rust (or a thin orange coloured layer). A guy told me that it is normal and is because of vehicle not in use and will vanish after breaking for some days. Saw the same thing on a couple of other cars like Vista, Punto and a Linea. Is this something I need to raise?

Paid the amount in full in a painfully slow process! Have been promised delivery by tomorrow without any accessories. Don't think I can sleep tonight :-)
Old 1st September 2009, 21:21   #89
BHPian

Quote:
A quick update. Went to BUB dealership today and took first "darshan" of my lady standing in flamenco red! Wasn't very clean - may be because it was driven from Ranjangaon but still I'm not convinced abut odometer showing 106 km done. Didn't get enough time to run through entire PDI checklist but did a quick one and have told sales lady that I'll do a full review before delivery. I must say the lady is least bothered what I do with my vehicle and in fact sales!

So some doubts that I have - is 106 km reading ok? Chassis no. is MCA11071609009377HPZ. As per my notes from TBHP threads this translates into car is manufactured in Aug 09. Any expert help pretty much appreciated.

One peculiar thing I noticed was on front wheel discs there looks like some rust (or a thin orange coloured layer). A guy told me that it is normal and is because of vehicle not in use and will vanish after breaking for some days. Saw the same thing on a couple of other cars like Vista, Punto and a Linea. Is this something I need to raise?

Paid the amount in full in a painfully slow process! Have been promised delivery by tomorrow without any accessories. Don't think I can sleep tonight :-)
First of all Vineet I think the time has come for you to start your own thread. Now your questions:
106 to me seems OK. There have posts regarding the high odometer readings earlier in the forum. Though I still have to go through them, maybe you can search for them. Our car was 346 km when it was delivered! So you're still way better than us. And the rusting thing is normal. It's there in all the cars, after all its steel and so it will corrode. Only top end sports car dont have this as they have some other compound for discs. So no need to worry.
Old 1st September 2009, 21:32   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
First of all Vineet I think the time has come for you to start your own thread. Now your questions:
106 to me seems OK.
Agree, mine was 112 kms ODO when i took delivery on April 8. It was a Feb manufactured Linea.

Quote:
.Our car was 346 km when it was delivered! So you're still way better than us
you oughtaa be kiddin,
You win max ODO on delivery award. Seems Fiat thoroughly tested your car for any faults or niggles, this is done for defence personnel as fiat is afraid of them.
I dont have any clue for such a high reading.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks