Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2009, 08:42   #61
BHPian

Nice pics....Linea in Red and black look good. The boot seems to be very spacious too....
Old 28th August 2009, 10:42   #62

Congrats on the Linea! Awesome pictures!
Old 28th August 2009, 11:28   #63
BHPian

@coolboy
Quote:
You heard it with windows open? Gad gad type sound is from exhaust which comes when we press throttle and is more evident in Linea.
No, with windows closed. Its more like air escaping slowly from a balloon.
@coolboy/VP
Quote:
The roar (groan from the engine) is a charatceristic of this 1.4 petrol engine. The sound turns high when you cross 3000 kms and in cabin you can hear it out.
Quote:
I like this roar. I think its very sweet. Atleast to my ears
I love the roar too. I just don't like it when its like a roar with a sore throat. Like the sound when you are in the wrong gear. BTW, have not revved it yet beyond 2.5K. Same reason, road noise isn't a problem yet.
@zoomzoom/ambivalent_98. Thanks!. The boot is great and useful
Old 28th August 2009, 15:21   #64
BHPian

First visit to TASS scheduled for tomorrow 29th June

What are you guys doing this weekend? Well I am spending Saturday with B U Bhandari. Sent an email to their GM with list of niggles on my Linea. I believe it has been taken seriously ( from the number of people who were copied on the email sent to me in reply). I will post my experience on Monday 31st.
Old 28th August 2009, 15:36   #65
Senior - BHPian

Hope u havee a good time there. i would advice you to stay put near the car when they do something, So that you dont end up with 2 niggle in trying to reapir one.
Old 28th August 2009, 15:44   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Hope u havee a good time there. i would advice you to stay put near the car when they do something, So that you dont end up with 2 niggle in trying to reapir one.
Absolutely!They offered to pick up the car and drop it back. I declined the offer. At least for the first visit, I want to stand there and get things done. Once I have more confidence, I will allow them to do things in my absence.
Old 28th August 2009, 15:55   #67
BHPian

I think BU Bhandari has come a long way in the last 6 months. I feel that they sincerely want to help. The support/service from them is much much better than the support/service provided by the salesguys at BUB! If you run in to any hurdles/issues be sure to ask for the works GM (Mr. Gopal).
Old 28th August 2009, 18:01   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmites View Post
What are you guys doing this weekend? Well I am spending Saturday with B U Bhandari. Sent an email to their GM with list of niggles on my Linea. I believe it has been taken seriously ( from the number of people who were copied on the email sent to me in reply). I will post my experience on Monday 31st.
Meet Mr Sameer Azgaonkar (TurboSAM on TBhp). He is a nice chap and look after FIAT at BUB wakad. He has immense knowledge on FIATs and is a real nice guy to talk to. Be there while they service your car. I always get my car serviced in my presence.
Old 28th August 2009, 19:33   #69
BHPian

Quote:
If you run in to any hurdles/issues be sure to ask for the works GM (Mr. Gopal).
I plan on meeting Mr Gopal BEFORE I run into any hurdles

Quote:
Meet Mr Sameer Azgaonkar (TurboSAM on TBhp). He is a nice chap and look after FIAT at BUB wakad. He has immense knowledge on FIATs and is a real nice guy to talk to. Be there while they service your car. I always get my car serviced in my presence.
Yes I plan to be there while they attend to my car. I will look for Sam. Thanks
Old 28th August 2009, 22:28   #70
BHPian

Hey Pragmites. Congrats on buying Linea. Went through your sales experience. Truly unique.
Old 31st August 2009, 13:44   #71
BHPian

First visit to TASS: B U Bhandari

I took my Linea to BU Bhandari ( Pune) to address various niggles in the car.
10AM: arrival at TASS
10:02: Greeting by security and advised of procedure:
10:05: Service Advisor asks me to park the car on the side and take a seat in the reception area:
10:07: Attends to me and creates job card with all problems mentioned.
10:10: Taken to meet works manager Mr Gopal, who gives suitable instructions to bring car to the bay and I am given a cup of tea.

While I am waiting with Mr Gopal, a technician comes and hands over Rs.960 found in customers car that has come in for service. Mr Gopal calls owner and informs him of the same and that he can collect the money from cashier when he comes to collect the car. ( cashier recounts the money and finds Rs 970, and informs Mr Gopal!)

By about 10;20 or so, car is at the bay after some inspections. I meet Vithal ( who is a senior supervisor who gets the work under way. Plastic cover is placed on upholstery of drivers seat and protective covers placed on fenders to avoid stains/scratches. Javed ( senior technician) coordinates work to be done. I have free access to all the people, though Vithal requests me to sit in the customer lounge and check frequently rather than stand there as they do not want too many people hanging around in the workshop.
-There are two separate work floors: One for Fiat and Safari; different one for otherTata Cars.
-Customer lounge is airconditioned, with tea machine, water, newspapers and TV. Large window enables you to look into the workshop and see what is going on
-According to me, one of the best tests of "attitude" is the toilet. This was extremely clean and hygienic.
-There is a guy who is constantly sweeping/mopping the floor of the reception area and customer lounge.
-Service advisor, technicians, and managers are all friendly and attentive.
-Team from Fiat was also present and checking the status of Lineas ( there were no Puntos in the workshop)and problems encountered, and did come up and talk to me to ask my experience
-All my work was"completed" by 1:00Pm, but I was not totally satisfied with the driver door shutting adjustment. I had therefore to wait for the lunch break to end at 1:30 for that to be completed ( see comments below) and washing of the car. I was offered lunch in the canteen but declined.
-Billing/Gate Pass ( No charge)/Washing took a little longer than I would have liked.
-Left at about 2:15.

Solution of Problems:
-Passenger side wiper not wiping the windshield: Apparently the wiper had a bend. This was corrected and it is now functioning.
-Boot release Lever falling off repeatedly. It was placed back and has stayed there so far. However, the good news is that Fiat has designed a modified lever which should be available with service centres in the next couple of days.
-Gap between dashboard and fuse-box cover. I noticed this very minor gap on my way to BUB. It has been reset satisfactorily. But again, I was told Fiat has redesigned the clips to prevent this problem and these should be available very soon.
-Front Driver side Door not shutting as easily as other doors. Some setting was done and perhaps it is marginally better. I have been told to observe and it should get better with usage and when the beading becomes less stiff.(?)
-Suspension pitching/Rolling. Suspension was "retorqued". Air-pressure was checked and found extremely low ( 25 in one of the fron tyres). I cannot believe that if it was correct at time of delivery, it could drop so much in 2 weeks ( and 400km) of usage. The ride did feel better initially but I can feel the bumps again 2 days later. I will check air pressure again to see if there is a problem with the tyres
-Whirring sound from AC. The symptoms did not surface in front of the doctor. Belt and polen filter checked. I have been asked to monitor properly under what circumstances it occurs. It has happened again on Saturday and Sunday.
-Seat height going down. Will need to keep the car overnight and will take it to Tata Johnson ( who have supplied the mechanism). I will do this after couple of others have tried it out as i do not have a major issue with it at the moment.
-Hissing sound from engine/ additional sound. Did some basic checks. Could not find anything wrong. Did not feel the need for tune-up. I am wondering whether it could be due to poor fuel quality( though I have been filling up from the same petrol station for last 20 years). I will try filling up from a different bunk to see if that helps/solves the problem.

Question to Linea Petrol owners: Do you guys use regular or premium petrol? I have been asked to use regular petrol.

I guess Fiat service might vary from dealer-to dealer but based on my experience with these guys, I must say that a lot of the Fiat A** bashing is not justified. I now feel confident enough to leave my dear Linea without being present while she is being worked on

Overall Rating:
-Customer Service: 9.5/10
-Facilities: 9.5/10
-Solution of Problems 7.5/10

Last edited by Pragmites : 31st August 2009 at 13:46. Reason: one para was repeated
Old 31st August 2009, 13:55   #72
Senior - BHPian

Service expereince sounds good. I have heard a lot of good stuff about BUB. It makes me think if I should get my Punto serviced from there instead of the moronic Fortune, Nerul guys here! My Punto has crossed 2500kms. I am planning to get the service done from Fortune, Powai but the traffic in that area scared me.
Old 31st August 2009, 14:00   #73
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Service expereince sounds good. I have heard a lot of good stuff about BUB. It makes me think if I should get my Punto serviced from there instead of the moronic Fortune, Nerul guys here! My Punto has crossed 2500kms. I am planning to get the service done from Fortune, Powai but the traffic in that area scared me.
True.
Mumbai TASS do not have worthwhile to state. Have been visiting Wasan Kandivali (W) but only because no other better TASS option available.

Apart from Pune, even Ahmedabad Aspi Motors is extremely good. Dr Amit's posts show how professional Aspi is. Kaash, if we can find similar in Mumbai
Old 31st August 2009, 14:00   #74
BHPian

@Mods
Can I request change to Title to add: "Update: First ( Reassuring) Visit to TASS"
Thanks
Old 31st August 2009, 14:07   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Hi Amit, When i was in Vashi till last year, my experience with Fortune was not good. indeed they are "Moronic". Once they serviced my car, bill was about 14K, i paid w/o much discussion, then there was a call after 2 days that there was an error in my bill and i need to pay another ~6000. I told them to back off, that was the last time i got my Palio car serviced from Fortune Nerul.

Most Viewed