Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2011, 14:25   #271
BANNED

Re: Racing Green Suzuki Ritz Zxi

Hey Nikhil,

what was the cost of fourth service? Am not sure what all to go for as I really don't this car alot. has just clocked 6000km in 2 years.

Thanks
Old 23rd December 2011, 15:58   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by del.guy22 View Post
Hey Nikhil,

what was the cost of fourth service? Am not sure what all to go for as I really don't this car alot. has just clocked 6000km in 2 years.

Thanks

I think you can just ask the service station to do only the stuff that's mentioned in the service booklet, that should be more then enough.
I think @ Gandhi has recently done this 20k service , you can check with him if needed .

Hope Nikhil, doesnt mind me answering

Cheers
Old 16th September 2012, 23:48   #273
BHPian

Re: Racing Green Suzuki Ritz Zxi -- Adieu

All,

After enjoying the Ritz for 3 years, I finally said goodbye to her last week. Due to a neck injury (IT key side effects) which was causing me immense pain in left shoulder and back while shifting gears, I decided to go in for an automatic. Hence now have a brand new i10 Asta automatic wth sun roof.

I will put in a detailed view on my experience with an automatic soon.

Till then Sayonara. :(
nsbhagwat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2012, 11:07   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
All,

After enjoying the Ritz for 3 years, I finally said goodbye to her last week. Due to a neck injury (IT key side effects) which was causing me immense pain in left shoulder and back while shifting gears, I decided to go in for an automatic. Hence now have a brand new i10 Asta automatic wth sun roof.

I will put in a detailed view on my experience with an automatic soon.

Till then Sayonara. :(
Bad news about your neck. But then, ergonomically saying, the Ritz is a bit "peculiar" - I feel more "supported" in the Zen as compared to the Ritz, especially in the backseat, where its almost like a roller coaster!
Old 22nd October 2012, 17:32   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen2001 View Post
Bad news about your neck. But then, ergonomically saying, the Ritz is a bit "peculiar" - I feel more "supported" in the Zen as compared to the Ritz, especially in the backseat, where its almost like a roller coaster!
+1. Having an all Maruti garage, I can understand what you are mentioning about the ping-pong rear suspension of Ritz. Even on small undulations on the road, passenger on the rear seat feels the jerk more pronounced in Ritz vis a vis Zen. One of the things which I practice to control this "roller-coaster" ride is that I keep the air pressure of all tires in Ritz as 30-31 instead of recommended 33. I understand that this might affect the tires a bit, but the last thing you wanna do in a car is to feel nauseatic due to being thrown around on rear seat.
Old 24th October 2012, 00:32   #276
BHPian

@nsbhagwat : Good job on the thread, although sad to know the Ritz is no longer part of your family. However, good luck with your health, hope the Asta serves you better.

Now, seeing as how this thread is active, I've decided to post here.

My car (Ritz Vxi, Feb 2012 model) has done 6000 kms so far. Loving it more day by day, the engine is fantastic. Haven't gotten around to doing an ownership review as I haven't taken her on any out of town trip(s) yet.

One little niggle I wish to point out : the gear-shift in my Ritz isn't exactly what you call "slick" . Each shift happens in two noticeable steps. I feel feedback for two points of touch each time I shift the gear. No noise at all, just the feel in the hand is that changing gears isn't usually a "slick" affair.

I'll compare the gearshift with a friend's Swift which I tried, and that is definitely smooth compared to my car.

Any opinion on this? If anyone has a similar concern it would be great to hear some feedback and experience.

Note : Second service is pending but since it is more of a checklist rather than maintenance service, I doubt servicing will change anything.

Thanks in advance.
Old 25th October 2012, 17:44   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamtiwana View Post
@nsbhagwat : Good job on the thread, although sad to know the Ritz is no longer part of your family. However, good luck with your health, hope the Asta serves you better.

Now, seeing as how this thread is active, I've decided to post her
My car (Ritz Vxi, Feb 2012 model) has done 6000 kms so far. Loving it more day by day, the engine is fantastic. Haven't gotten around to doing an ownership review as I haven't taken her on any out of town trip(s) yet.

One little niggle I wish to point out : the gear-shift in my Ritz isn't exactly what you call "slick" . Each shift happens in two noticeable steps. I feel feedback for two points of touch each time I shift the gear. No noise at all, just the feel in the hand is that changing gears isn't usually a "slick" affair.

I'll compare the gearshift with a friend's Swift which I tried, and that is definitely smooth compared to my car.

Any opinion on this? If anyone has a similar concern it would be great to hear some feedback and experience.

Note : Second service is pending but since it is more of a checklist rather than maintenance service, I doubt servicing will change anything.

Thanks in advance.
That 'notchiness' is normal, no worries.
Old 25th October 2012, 18:11   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen2001 View Post
That 'notchiness' is normal, no worries.
That's a relief to hear.

Although I will try to drive another Ritz just to compare.
Old 25th October 2012, 23:41   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamtiwana View Post
@nsbhagwat :

Thats normal with petrol Ritz. The 2 point feedback,as you suggest, will be prominent in lower gears(1,2,3). The gearshift will smoothen as your car odometer goes above 12-15k.
Try it out with a diesel Ritz. Its not prominent there vis a vis petrol Ritz.

As far as Swift is concerned, if your friend's Swift is the old model, you will find that much smoother as compared to Ritz. But the gear throws are longer in the old Swift.
However, if we are talking about the new Swift, it shouldn't be different since the gearbox in that car has also been upgraded to "gear-by-wire" tech.

Drive safe!!!
Old 26th October 2012, 00:49   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
Thats normal with petrol Ritz. The 2 point feedback,as you suggest, will be prominent in lower gears(1,2,3). The gearshift will smoothen as your car odometer goes above 12-15k.
Try it out with a diesel Ritz. Its not prominent there vis a vis petrol Ritz.

As far as Swift is concerned, if your friend's Swift is the old model, you will find that much smoother as compared to Ritz. But the gear throws are longer in the old Swift.
However, if we are talking about the new Swift, it shouldn't be different since the gearbox in that car has also been upgraded to "gear-by-wire" tech.

Drive safe!!!
You are right, it is prominent in the R, 1, 2 gears. Third gear is always a breeze and at higher revs (3k+) it is very manageable.
Old 3rd March 2014, 23:04   #281
BHPian

My Ritz Vxi just completed 61k on the odo. Had an oil change done. Used Synthetic Oil this time. The car feels even more refined. Keeping my fingers crossed....

Most Viewed