Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2009, 12:18   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurtazaGhiya View Post
Does he stock normal unleaded fuel as many IOC pumps only stock premium fuel.
He stocks the normal fuels -- unleaded petrol and diesel.
Old 4th September 2009, 14:24   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
He stocks the normal fuels -- unleaded petrol and diesel.
Hi as u have sticked the side plastic mouldings on all 4 doors whether it is a original accessory from maruti....how much did it cost you.....is it worth fitting one....
Old 4th September 2009, 15:55   #33
BHPian

Took fat bottom out for a spin...

Thursday was a holiday, so decided to take fat bottom out for a spin.

Decided to head for Lonavla and visit the nearby Karla and Bhaje caves. Fat bottom had already consumed 40 litres on Sunday 08/30 so her stomach was full. Yesterday the fuel gauge was down by just one segment, so went ahead with other checks like air, oil, coolant and set out.

I took the katraj Dehu road bypass to reach Lonavla. The car delivered a scintillating performance. On the expressway, fat bottom was rock solid with no body roll whatsoever on turns or any swaying movement when trucks or buses like Volvo overtook me. Yesterday was quite windy also.

My average speed on the eway was 70 kmph with the KB12 turning at a lazy 1800 rpm. Right foot was begging to hit the gas pedal but the brain was slapping it constantly. Plus my daughter was there to remind me of the speeds we were doing.

On the smooth concrete or tar roads, tyre noise was bearable (I am still on the stock vectras). But hit a batch patch and noise increased to an irritable level. Apart from that whenever I rolled down the rear window glass, I could hear air going like boom boom. I experienced this when on the eway. Any bhpian has experienced this when on highways doing around 70 ~ 80 k?

Steering feedback is good specially on the straights, needed no correction to keep it straight. Made heavy use of the front and rear fog lights as it was raining constantly and water logging was seen at many places on the eway. This was causing a huge a misty spray.

The to and fro total run was 200 k. When I reached home, the fuel gauge was down by just two segments (total 3, 1 being consumed already). So expecting a very good economy run when the tank empties out.

I will upload a couple of pictures from in and around lonavla with the full treatment being meted out in the travelogue section shortly.

Looking towards the Mulshi run on Sunday. Will again post my experiences.

Nikhil
Old 4th September 2009, 15:58   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pullikutty View Post
Hi as u have sticked the side plastic mouldings on all 4 doors whether it is a original accessory from maruti....how much did it cost you.....is it worth fitting one....
Its an MGA and cost me 1200/-
Prevents scratches from other car doors specially in crowded parking spaces. IMHO, It also adds to the aesthetics.

Nikhil
Old 4th September 2009, 16:47   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Its an MGA and cost me 1200/-
Prevents scratches from other car doors specially in crowded parking spaces. IMHO, It also adds to the aesthetics.

Nikhil
hi that s true it will prevents scratches...when u put next time some snaps can u please put one showing the side mouldings from a distant so that i can see the aesthetics which has improved to the car...i will be getting by silver Ritz Vxi by this month end...did u see any spoilers available in pune showroom....as one of the BHPians has fitteed that i feel it is a good accessory to improve the looks of the car....
Old 4th September 2009, 18:05   #36
BHPian

Quote:
hi that s true it will prevents scratches...when u put next time some snaps can u please put one showing the side mouldings from a distant so that i can see the aesthetics which has improved to the car...i will be getting by silver Ritz Vxi by this month end...did u see any spoilers available in pune showroom....as one of the BHPians has fitteed that i feel it is a good accessory to improve the looks of the car....
Hi,

Here are a couple of pics, hope they help you with your decision.
Racing Green Suzuki Ritz Zxi-101_0577.jpg
Racing Green Suzuki Ritz Zxi-101_0579.jpg

I did not locate the spoiler in the MGA shop. My guess is the fire brick red Ritz of one of the bhpian has a factory fitted spoiler. I may be wrong.

Nikhil

Last edited by nsbhagwat : 4th September 2009 at 18:07.
Old 4th September 2009, 18:22   #37
Senior - BHPian

I liked the color. Though you can't make out from afar whether it is black or something else. The dash reminds me of the i10. The gear lever integrated with the dash. The Audio controls look kiddish, but all in all a nice package. Congrats once again.
Old 4th September 2009, 19:14   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Here are a couple of pics, hope they help you with your decision.

I did not locate the spoiler in the MGA shop. My guess is the fire brick red Ritz of one of the bhpian has a factory fitted spoiler. I may be wrong.

Nikhil
Nice Pics man...Since ur color of the car is dark color it is not showy much...i think on silver it will show the difference...anyway this is a good option to go for...185/70/R14 rocks on the car...I will have to go for upsize otherwise it will look odd on Ritz Vxi...Spoiler & plastic moulding need to see whether it is available in the show room ....any difficulties driving the car like blind spot because of thick A pillar....reversing is it tough.....
Old 4th September 2009, 23:24   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Since ur color of the car is dark color it is not showy much...i think on silver it will show the difference
Pullikutty,

Check out the Ritz MGA brochure at http://www.marutisuzukiritz.com/pdfs...I-Ritz-Low.pdf

All pictures are of a silver Ritz :-)

Last edited by itwasntme : 4th September 2009 at 23:24. Reason: Typo
Old 5th September 2009, 15:11   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Pullikutty,

Check out the Ritz MGA brochure at http://www.marutisuzukiritz.com/pdfs...I-Ritz-Low.pdf

All pictures are of a silver Ritz :-)
Thanks man.that was an inofmative pdf.Did ur father in law got the Ritz.how is it doing.is he finding it difficult to reverse the car and any blind spot because of thick A pillar.because my father will be driving mostly and he is not so great in driving cars.in the accessory list didnt find a spoiler but one of the the BHPians has got one.any info on that. anyway will post some pics of the car by end of this month.
Old 5th September 2009, 15:33   #41
Senior - BHPian

Thankx for the review it changed my thoughts about this car.
Old 5th September 2009, 17:28   #42
BHPian

Quote:
any difficulties driving the car like blind spot because of thick A pillar....reversing is it tough.....
Thanks. There is a blind spot due to A pillar. Hence need to watch out for specialy in choc a bloc traffic. Reversing is not an issue. Eventhough the rear glass is a bit small, I use all the three mirrors while reversing or driving in general, hence do not find that to be an issue.

nikhil

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Thankx for the review it changed my thoughts about this car.
Indrojit, hope the review has changed your thoughts to the good side .

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th September 2009 at 15:12. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread. Thanks.
Old 5th September 2009, 22:07   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Indrojit, hope the review has changed your thoughts to the good side .

It sure has to the good side.I was debating wheather to buy this or the swift LDI when this had been launched and i had booked my LDI but then i thought i would go for the deisel because i travel long distance.
Old 6th September 2009, 14:58   #44
naj
BHPian

Hi Nikhil,
Did you take the E way till Lonavala ?If so, then can you tell how fatty behaved on the almost 90 deg right turn before the Lonavala flyover? What was your speedo showing then?
Old 7th September 2009, 16:56   #45
ada
BHPian

Well come to the Ritz club. Racing green is the colour they used for their launch and showrooms so has to be good. Fuel gauge till the half way mark is slow to fall, but once it crosses the half way it drops 1 segment every 50 kms. How is the tyre noise? I found that to be on the higher side.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks