Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2009, 09:27   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
No updates, I was down with fever hence could not change the RV. Will do it this saturday.

It is my pleasure to be the guinea pig
Has this procedure been done? I'm scheduled to take the Ritz for it's 1000km service in a couple of days.
Old 13th October 2009, 16:20   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
Has this procedure been done? I'm scheduled to take the Ritz for it's 1000km service in a couple of days.
Nope, not yet. Project's got messed up real bad, spending a lot of time in office (weekends included).

Planning RV change this friday. Lets see how it shapes up.

Nikhil
Old 27th October 2009, 11:04   #93
BANNED

Did you get the RV changed ? I am waiting for the delivery to happen for ZXI.
Old 10th November 2009, 15:23   #94
BHPian

Hey Nikhil,

Any updates on the car? Has the mileage improved after run-in period was over? Any rattles in the car so far?

Please update the thread. I am confused between Ritz Zxi and i10 Asta. Here's link to my confusion thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchb...-i10-asta.html

Do chip in with your comments.
Old 13th November 2009, 18:28   #95
BHPian

Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Hey Nikhil,

Any updates on the car? Has the mileage improved after run-in period was over? Any rattles in the car so far?

Please update the thread. I am confused between Ritz Zxi and i10 Asta. Here's link to my confusion thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchb...-i10-asta.html

Do chip in with your comments.
Sorry folks for not updating the thread, project has begun and is consuming all of my time.

Like a true Maruti, rattles have started cropping up. I have crossed 3000 kms and 3 months of ownership is not yet complete. The main areas I hear that irritating sound is from the B pillar (left & right), some areas of the roof and the front doors.

Why can't Maruti build sturdy cars? My corsa even after 5 years did not have a single rattle. I guess being used to a corsa, i am expecting too much.

Happy driving.

Nikhil
Old 13th November 2009, 20:31   #96
BHPian

Quote:
The main areas I hear that irritating sound is from the B pillar (left & right), some areas of the roof and the front doors.

Why can't Maruti build sturdy cars? My corsa even after 5 years did not have a single rattle. I guess being used to a corsa, i am expecting too much.
Are these sounds consistent or comes in some specific situations (when you go over a pothole?).

I was decided on the Ritz Zxi and now my confidence has lowered after you saying Ritz is also a typical Maruti .
Old 13th November 2009, 20:52   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry folks for not updating the thread, project has begun and is consuming all of my time.

Like a true Maruti, rattles have started cropping up. I have crossed 3000 kms and 3 months of ownership is not yet complete. The main areas I hear that irritating sound is from the B pillar (left & right), some areas of the roof and the front doors.

Happy driving.

Nikhil
how can rattles come from roof? is is the light assembly?
Also, front door rattling may be due to stuff in the map pocket (pens etc.)

I found out why I was having rattles which came and went from the passenger side door - the door sil guard fixed with dual sided tape was loose and it came off today when I was washing the car. The tape had grains of dirt stuck to it, which proves that the guy who put it there had not cleaned the surface when he put it on. Need to re affix that myself.
Old 14th November 2009, 15:43   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Happy driving.

Nikhil
how would your roof rattle, may be some noise with your cabin ight holder.Do check out pockets and holders as some metal like coins kept also does make noise and feels rattles, i hope this car doesnt rattle like other maruti does, looking to buy one for my wife.
Old 14th November 2009, 23:06   #99
Senior - BHPian

Can any body suggest a good alloy wheels for RIYZ VDI.I use nitrogen gas,Let me check the gas after 3 months and comment.They told no need to chech now and then and we can check once in 3 months.
Old 19th November 2009, 00:34   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
how would your roof rattle, may be some noise with your cabin ight holder.Do check out pockets and holders as some metal like coins kept also does make noise and feels rattles, i hope this car doesnt rattle like other maruti does, looking to buy one for my wife.
yeah I thought something in the door pockets or glovebox would be the culprit, emptied out everything. But the sound stays. On further trying to locate the sound, I found that the plastic cladding on the B pillar (specially area near the height adjustable seat belt) is the culprit.

I also checked the roof light and mountings on the roof. All is secure in place. One stream of sound comes from the roof. May be some electrical cabling (going towards hatch) in the roof.

If time permits, will be confronting and challenging MASS this saturday to eliminate all the sounds.

Nikhil
Old 19th November 2009, 04:20   #101
BHPian

Hi Nikhil, just a quick question. What's the use of door sill guards?
Old 19th November 2009, 10:29   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
Hi Nikhil, just a quick question. What's the use of door sill guards?
Two fold -- functional and cosmetic.
Functional -- prevents scratches and paint wear off from repeated stepping on the door sill area in the long term.
Cosmetic -- enhances the look, very pleasing to the eyes.

Last edited by nsbhagwat : 19th November 2009 at 10:29. Reason: added info.
Old 19th November 2009, 12:15   #103
BHPian

Hi @nsbhagwat. I am also getting faint rattle in my RITZ Zxi from right B pillar. I have done 3.4K kms. I think it is due to some problem in window alignment. If I roll down the driver window by few mm the noise stops. Just one touch to window down button.
I am also getting irritating rattle from the number plate on the hatch door. First I thougt that hatch door is culprit but then realized that the sound is comming from the number plate. The stuffing material has dropped. Does any Ritz owner getting this noise?

I am getting overall milage of 14.47 km/L (60% HWAY with AC on 50% time).

Last edited by cartech : 19th November 2009 at 12:17.
Old 19th November 2009, 12:34   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Two fold -- functional and cosmetic.
Functional -- prevents scratches and paint wear off from repeated stepping on the door sill area in the long term.
Cosmetic -- enhances the look, very pleasing to the eyes.
I can vouch for it, works great and looks good too.
I noticed it on the demo car and realized why it's needed.
Old 22nd November 2009, 12:00   #105
BHPian

Hi Bhagwat,

You are one of the best guys in this forum to talk to, about anything about Ritz. You've a wonderful car and that too fully loaded (Zxi) and a nice colour (Green).
I am planning to buy Ritz, still unsure about Vxi or Zxi, probably in Jan 2010.

Happy driving buddy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks