Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2009, 22:37   #1
BHPian

Racing Green Suzuki Ritz Zxi

After thouroughly enjoying a Corsa Sail 1.4 for 5 years, decided to buy myself a new car. The car had to be a hatchback for lack parking space plus the convenience of driving it in crowded city roads.

On road price 5.4 lacs, no freebies, no discounts. Booked with Chowgule Industries. Apart from being very close to my residence, provided me with excellent service.

My priorities were clear, the new car had to be equipped with ABS & Airbags. With a limited budget of 5 lacs, I shortlisted Ritz Zxi and i10 Asta. After numerous test drives, settled for the Ritz.

Since on road price for both cars were almost same (give or take a thousand), following factors swung the decision in favour of the suzuki:-

14" alloys with 185 section rubber
Height adjustable drivers seat
Steering mounted audio controls
The K series engine (its a gem)

Chowgule have quoted 4 weeks of delivery time.

I sold my luxo barge to True Value and I will definitely miss her fantastic build quality (no rattles even after 5 years), supreme ride quality and excellent NVH.

I will be going in for 90% finance thru Canara Bank @ 8%.

Accessories planned for are mud flaps, floor mats and a leather steering cover. Seat covers are optional for now.

This community has helped me immensely with my search.

Nikhil
Old 12th August 2009, 22:55   #2
lsp
BHPian

Nikhil
Congrats!! Hope u enjoy your Ritz.

Can u please give a breakup of the On Road price?

Whats the expected delivery date?
Old 13th August 2009, 10:45   #3
BHPian

Congrats Nikhil. It is a wise decision.
Old 13th August 2009, 11:03   #4
BHPian

Congratulations Nikhil for the new ride, njoy the "K series". Please give the price break-up and how was the deal with True Value? How much they offer for your corsa?
Old 13th August 2009, 11:18   #5
BHPian

Congrats on the Ritz. Racing Green is definitely attractive. Wow now it is raining Ritz petrol in Team-bhp
Old 13th August 2009, 11:35   #6
BHPian

Hey Nikhil,

Congrats on your buy. Ritz is a really good car especially for congested cities.

Enjoy the ride!
Old 13th August 2009, 12:16   #7
BHPian

Price break up

Thanks all. Below is the price break up for Ritz Zxi
Ex showroom Pune 489158
Insurance 16442
RTO 34241
Extended Warranty 3rd year 2395
On Road 542236

Dealing with True Value was a very straight forward process. They valued the car and initially offered me 1 lacs but haggled with price and final amount they paid me was 1.1 lacs. The documentation was completed the same day and they issued me a cheque the same day. The whole process did not last more than an hour.

Last edited by nsbhagwat : 13th August 2009 at 12:20.
Old 13th August 2009, 13:52   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
Thanks all. Below is the price break up for Ritz Zxi
Ex showroom Pune 489158
Insurance 16442
RTO 34241
Extended Warranty 3rd year 2395
On Road 542236

Dealing with True Value was a very straight forward process. They valued the car and initially offered me 1 lacs but haggled with price and final amount they paid me was 1.1 lacs. The documentation was completed the same day and they issued me a cheque the same day. The whole process did not last more than an hour.
Dont you think 1.1 lac for 2004 model is on a downside? (my opinion) For my 2004 WagonR VXI they quoted 2.15 lac at RMS motors, Bangalore. Anyways, enjoy your new ride, drive safe.
Old 14th August 2009, 18:37   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImranShahnawaz View Post
Dont you think 1.1 lac for 2004 model is on a downside? (my opinion) For my 2004 WagonR VXI they quoted 2.15 lac at RMS motors, Bangalore. Anyways, enjoy your new ride, drive safe.
Imran, remember Corsa went out of production in 2005. That weighs heavily on the resale prices.
Old 23rd August 2009, 17:07   #10
BHPian

Delivery date confirmed -- Aug 25, 09.

Folks,

I will be taking delivery of the car on Aug 25, 09 .

Nikhil
Old 23rd August 2009, 17:31   #11
naj
BHPian

Congrats Nikhil! Though I already know ,let me congratulate you officially on the forum.

I would appreciate if you can just ping me when you are at the showroom for the delivery.
I thought that Maruti True value deals with their own cars only.

Last edited by naj : 23rd August 2009 at 17:32.
Old 23rd August 2009, 20:51   #12
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Nikhil,

Please drop a PM once you take delivery and are ready to update this thread with pictures + a detailed ownership report. Until then, and in line with our new rules, this thread is closed.

EDIT : Thread re-opened on request from the Nsbhagwat. He's taken delivery and is ready with his ownership report. Congrats!

Last edited by GTO : 30th August 2009 at 20:23.
Old 31st August 2009, 22:33   #13
BHPian

Delivery taken:: Ritz Zxi

Took delivery of Racing green Ritz Zxi on 25 Aug 2009. I call her the Fat Bottom.
Odo reading during pre-reg inspection 27 kms. Odo reading @ time of delivery 32 kms.

Accessories fitted:-
Leather steering wheel cover
Sill guard
Side body moulding strips on four doors
Mud flaps
Floor mats
Total cost Rs 3200/-

I have postponed tyre change for now.

Delivery experience:-
The delivery experience was good. The sales executive had promosed to deliver the car @ 5 pm. But @ 4 pm he called up saying the RTO number will be delayed a bit so he will be delivering the car @ 5.30 pm. Fine I said.

Reached the Chowgule showroom in Taware colony @ about 5. My car was waiting to be driven away. Till the number plate and other delivery paper work was being taken care of by the sales exec, I went to the car and started checking out per the checklist. Everything was in order.

Then came the number plate. After its fitment, the sales executive Yuvraj Barate, explained to me in detail; each function and feature available with the car. He also explained in detail the service manual and the service intervals. Once I was satisfied with everything, I signed all of the papers. The dealer gave a petrol coupon for 5 litres.

The drive:-
I was used to the heavy controls of an Opel Corsa. In comparison, the Ritz controls (like in all Japanese cars) are super light -- clutch, gear, steering, accelerator. Since the main light beam and wiper controls are exactly opposite in placement as compared to corsa, I was constantly reminding myself about it. Inspite of that, I operated the wiper instead of the turn indicator a couple of times .

Accelerator is one control I am struggling to cope with. It is so light as compared to Corsa, that I am constantly having to keep an eye on the tachometer to prevent the engine from spinning past 2500 rpm. The throttle response is good but as I said, I am getting used to it. So expecting higher fuel consumption in the inital days.

When switching on the parking lights, the fog lamps too are activated. The main beam has a good spread in the low and high beam modes. Dual horns are just right for city use (not loud nor too weak).

The stereo is of a very high quality (as expected of any Kenwood product). Its a pleasure listening to Comfortably Numb.

I felt the engine to be a bit sluggish @ around 1000 ~ 1100 rpm mark, but once past 1500 rpm, the KB engine pulls effortlessly. Owners please comment. The suspension is very good and absorbs the bumps easily. Cabin insulation is also good, but could have been better.

FE:-
Too early to comment. The initial 15 litres or so that I put in were consumed me getting used to the car and vice versa. I have tanked up the car with 40 litres of normal IOC petrol and then will be in a better position to comment. I regularly fill at Patel Petroleums on Bibwewadi Lullanagar road which is near to my residence. Till now I have clocked @ 250 kms. Planning to take Fat Bottom out of town next weekend probably to Mulshi to enjoy.

To Do:-
Charge the tyres with nitrogen.
Get a auxiliary audio cable to connect my iPod with the stereo.

Pictures:-
I struggled to include pictures inside the post . So attached them to my gallery. Here's the URL for it:-

nsbhagwat's Gallery Hall

Will keep posting the thread with my ownership experience.

TBHP has helped me a lot in firming up my buy. A big thank you to all.

Nikhil

Last edited by nsbhagwat : 31st August 2009 at 22:38.
Old 1st September 2009, 11:13   #14
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
I call her the Fat Bottom.

Quote:
I was used to the heavy controls of an Opel Corsa. In comparison, the Ritz controls (like in all Japanese cars) are super light -- clutch, gear, steering, accelerator.
Oh, it'll be a world of difference compared to your Corsa. The practicality, reliability and low cost of ownership will keep you happy. Though you will miss the Corsa's ride quality and high speed behaviour.

Quote:
It is so light as compared to Corsa, that I am constantly having to keep an eye on the tachometer to prevent the engine from spinning past 2500 rpm. The throttle response is good but as I said, I am getting used to it.
Shouldn't take you more than 100 kms (max) to get used to it.

Quote:
Charge the tyres with nitrogen.
Please don't. There really isn't any substantial benefit of filling nitrogen in your tyres. Search through the forum for more information.

Quote:
I struggled to include pictures inside the post . So attached them to my gallery.
This guide is your best friend!

Congrats.
Old 1st September 2009, 11:19   #15
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Congrats ! Not sure if i've seen a racing green Ritz. Please do post pics.

Most Viewed