Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2009, 23:40   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
But as I said, not knowing when the turbo kicks in, I could be wrong about the lower number.
I feel it kicking in between 1800 - 2000 rpm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zensi View Post
Just a question - i notice in the initial pics there is no sound prrofing material on the inside of the bonnet - is this standard? How audible is the diesel clatter in the cabin with ac on?
Should be standard....

The noise is audible outside, barely audible inside. When the windows are up, A/C off, Audio System Off, ...... You get to know its a diesel, but dont mind it being one...

At least, so far .....
Old 15th August 2009, 13:31   #47
Senior - BHPian

abhiJ, congrats on your hot diesel hatch.looks cool in that shade too.Keep updating and enjoy.
Old 15th August 2009, 16:11   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats abhi for the great choice, enjoy the superb hyundai aftersales support.
Old 15th August 2009, 16:14   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post

The noise is audible outside, barely audible inside. When the windows are up, A/C off, Audio System Off, ...... You get to know its a diesel, but dont mind it being one...

At least, so far .....
Its easily the least audible diesel hatchback sold in india.
Old 15th August 2009, 16:23   #50
Shivashara

Congrats Abhij, Car looks great in This wine red and enjoy your drive to the fullest.
Keep posting updates of the car driving pleasure.

Old 15th August 2009, 18:03   #51
BHPian

Replacing a Sedan with a hatchback! that's very rare in India indeed, did you feel any drop in power from the 106 BHP accent to the 90 BHP i20?
Old 15th August 2009, 18:31   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rageshgr View Post
Replacing a Sedan with a hatchback! that's very rare in India indeed, did you feel any drop in power from the 106 BHP accent to the 90 BHP i20?
The Accent CRDi was 82 ps, the i20 CRDi is 90 ps.

The i20 is much superior as compared to the Accent in everything except boot space..
Old 15th August 2009, 18:45   #53
BHPian

Quote:
The Accent CRDi was 82 ps, the i20 CRDi is 90 ps.

The i20 is much superior as compared to the Accent in everything except boot space..
Cool man! Oops! ya, I was thinking about the 1.6 L Accent Viva Petrol with 103 BHP! Never happened to me before! :d
Old 15th August 2009, 21:48   #54
Shivashara

Hi Abhij, what is the average FE in the city and highway.

Old 15th August 2009, 23:02   #55
BHPian

wow, nice car. Wish you a happy motoring ! I would like to own a silver i20 some day...
Old 16th August 2009, 00:38   #56
BHPian

great car. drive safe.

The CRDI engine is new U2 powerplant from hyundai with excellant fuel economy.

Here is a writeup on the new U2 class engines - source - hyundai motorworld first quarter 2009, vol 17, no 62.
Attached Images

Old 16th August 2009, 00:39   #57
Senior - BHPian

First Update:

Quick Update: I have driven the car for a couple of kms, and am beginning to understand it better.

1) The engine is more than adequate for the car. Once you 1800 rpm, the turbo kicks and speed rapidly increases. I have just revved the car to 3000 rpm so far, that too in top gear, and I crossed 100 kmph.

2) The suspension does not have the finesse and composure of the Fiat twins, but it handles bad roads decently.

3) The interiors are great, and very ergonomically designed. Every control automatically falls to hand.

4) The seats are very comfy and supportive.

5) The music system is decent and pretty simple to use.

6) The gearshift is FANTASTIC... the throws are slightly long but once your hand gets set, its like a hot knife in butter. The clutch is also pretty light.

7) As I mentioned before, the engine noise is audible with Audio System / AC off, but just barely.

8) While on the way from the dealer to tyre guy, I did a couple of quick lane changes. The rear did seem a little eager. On reaching the tyre guy, I checked the pressure and it was... 43 - 46 psi! My tyres were changed to Michelin XM1+ and pressure set to 32 psi.

9) Now here is the kicker... the steering. All of us including me found it overassisted during test drives. But somehow, I do not find it that light anymore!!
As of now, I can confirm the steering is heavier as compared to my CR-V, which also has a Electronic Power Steering. Maybe its the extra weight of the diesel motor which is making the difference, maybe its the correct tyre pressure, maybe the tyres themselves. It might also be psychological on my part, but I doubt it.

A good friend, who has a month old ANHC also found the steering heavier than his car. I cannot comment on the handling part yet, since I am yet to try that out on the new tyres..

Disclaimer: The observations above might be unintentionally biased, since I now own the car

Last edited by AbhiJ : 16th August 2009 at 00:40.
Old 16th August 2009, 01:21   #58
BHPian

AbhiJ Did you notice any sought of vibration in steering? ie small broken road
Old 16th August 2009, 07:35   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quick Update:

9) Now here is the kicker... the steering. All of us including me found it overassisted during test drives. But somehow, I do not find it that light anymore!!

Disclaimer: The observations above might be unintentionally biased, since I now own the car
Good objective comments, actually! To the steering, here is the issue I picked up in my 1.2. It is reassuringly heavy at dead center, at all speeds, but when you start turning it in either direction, it lightens up in a hurry. Which is great at low speeds/parking, but disconcerting on the highway, till you get used to it, and overcorrect till you do.
The other steering related issue is that at speeds above 120, you don't feel as connected to the road via the car as you need to be to feel safe. Suits me just fine, because 120 is my top speed on Indian roads given how the environment on them is, but could be a put off for others.
Old 16th August 2009, 10:04   #60
BHPian

congrats Abhi on your new vehicle,it looks amazing.Happy Driving.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks