Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2009, 15:24   #31
BHPian

I love the Vocal White . Nice Car NiceSachin

I saw a vocal white ahead of me on the road today, and could not help but keep myself admiring it and chasing it . Just imagine , a Linea in love with another .

is my chica falling for the one in white ?.
Old 14th August 2009, 15:39   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
would borrow it for the MJD bro when petrol goes to 50-55.. Kadki kadki
good one mate.
Old 14th August 2009, 15:47   #33
BANNED

Sachin

Congrats & welcome to the Linea tbhp club

Linea in V White looks fabulous. Enjoy !!
Old 14th August 2009, 16:03   #34
BHPian

I am already paying 52rs for IOC XtraPremium :(
These days I am cursing myself for not going for MJD.

Initially I was looking at diesel cars when petrol was at 60rs. Then before polls rates were reduced to 45. So I was tempted into buying a petrol car.
Now these congi fellows are slowly increasing rates back to 60

Quote:
would borrow it for the MJD bro when petrol goes to 50-55.. Kadki kadki
Old 14th August 2009, 16:05   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
I love the Vocal White . Nice Car NiceSachin

I saw a vocal white ahead of me on the road today, and could not help but keep myself admiring it and chasing it . Just imagine , a Linea in love with another .

is my chica falling for the one in white ?.
Fastlove Same goes with me. Whenever I am traveling and see a Linea I also start following it. The other day wifey was along and said that " You have gone cazy. Earlier when Linea was not there Then also you used to follow the Linea now when you are driving one, again you start starrng the other Lineas, Why dont you get down and stare your car all over for 30 mins and then we can move ".

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post

Initially I was looking at diesel cars when petrol was at 60rs. Then before polls rates were reduced to 45. So I was tempted into buying a petrol car.
@ neo

There is a straight difference of about 1.25 lacs between both the varients Epack petrol and diesel. If you put this 1.25 lacs in a FD @ 12 % per anum (Tata motors Finance give you a 12 % ROI) then you get an yearly Interest of about 15 k. And if you dont drive much then you are not loosing anything after fueling the car @ price of 52 per liter.

Last edited by Technocrat : 14th August 2009 at 16:43.
Old 14th August 2009, 18:31   #36
BHPian

Sachin,
Congrats for owning Linea in one of the best colors. I have also booked mine in FT Azure color & expecting delivery early September.

Surely number of Lineans in Delhi is on the rise too.
Old 14th August 2009, 18:34   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbhaskarm View Post
Sachin,
Congrats for owning Linea in one of the best colors. I have also booked mine in FT Azure color & expecting delivery early September.

Surely number of Lineans in Delhi is on the rise too.
Congrats to you too Bharkaram .

I know you are the first one to book the Linea in Foxtrot Azure color. Man thats one color that looks amazing sofar in the pics. Havnt seen that in real so far.
Old 14th August 2009, 18:50   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
:(
So I was tempted into buying a petrol car.
Neo, sometimes i think thay why i didnt buy MJD but then acc to my calculations, MJD price of 1.20 lac extra would have taken 5 years to recover and we dont keep cars longer than that.
Even if i had bought MJD, wouldnt have been able to take it to congested markets and places.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicesachin View Post
Why dont you get down and stare your car all over for 30 mins and then we can move ". [/i][/b]

lol, i dont know but its a internal feeling of goodness seeing another fiat on roads, i raised a thumbs up to a PUNTO owner one day, he replied back with his thumb up and smiling with happiness. Never did that to any Scorpio or Santro when Santro was scrace on roads.
What your wife said, haha, dont do that she will kill you. Read here that wifeys are jealous of Linea.
Old 14th August 2009, 20:37   #39
Shivashara

lol, i dont know but its a internal feeling of goodness seeing another fiat on roads, i raised a thumbs up to a PUNTO owner one day, he replied back with his thumb up and smiling with happiness. Never did that to any Scorpio or Santro when Santro was scrace on roads.
What your wife said, haha, dont do that she will kill you. Read here that wifeys are jealous of Linea.
Why they won't get jealous, first you all the time admire it then all the time care for it and if you get some time talk about it only. Neglecting wife is serious offence and might lead to divorce also, so be aware and give equal time to them by taking wife more often in linea than driving linea yourself all the time.

Old 14th August 2009, 20:43   #40
BHPian

Quote:
lol, i dont know but its a internal feeling of goodness seeing another fiat on roads, i raised a thumbs up to a PUNTO owner one day, he replied back with his thumb up and smiling with happiness.
Thats true . May be during the Eye contact we feel like communicating the other person that you made a wise decision just like me . I have also faced a couple of such situations where in anonymous people have raised their thumbs cheering for Linea.

The other day I was standing @ a red light and a Biker knocked the glass and was asking about how is the car ?. he said i am in full mood to buy the car but I am worried about ***. I cleared his doubts.
Old 14th August 2009, 23:30   #41
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicesachin View Post
@ neo

There is a straight difference of about 1.25 lacs between both the varients Epack petrol and diesel. If you put this 1.25 lacs in a FD @ 12 % per anum (Tata motors Finance give you a 12 % ROI) then you get an yearly Interest of about 15 k. And if you dont drive much then you are not loosing anything after fueling the car @ price of 52 per liter.
Quote:
Neo, sometimes i think thay why i didnt buy MJD but then acc to my calculations, MJD price of 1.20 lac extra would have taken 5 years to recover and we dont keep cars longer than that.
Even if i had bought MJD, wouldnt have been able to take it to congested markets and places.
Quote:

Neo

Apart from calculations of cost of ownership, also think about pleasure of driving a smooth Petrol car, less noise in cabin of petrol Linea & also the rattles/ squeaking sounds. How many Petrol Lineas have you come across with rattles? My Kinea has none. Others also have no such rattles issues - FastLove, Coolboy, Ashwin, you ___
Old 15th August 2009, 06:18   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Neo

Apart from calculations of cost of ownership, also think about pleasure of driving a smooth Petrol car, less noise in cabin of petrol Linea & also the rattles/ squeaking sounds. How many Petrol Lineas have you come across with rattles? My Kinea has none. Others also have no such rattles issues - FastLove, Coolboy, Ashwin, you ___
Mine is a MJD. if you sit inside the cabin you wont know if its a diesel or a petrol! thanks to the hardwax underbody coating , the iftex system D that goes into the fuel tank as well as the oil change at 3 Months! very often even the pump attendants come to me and make doubly sure that its diesel and not petrol
Old 15th August 2009, 10:10   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Neo

Apart from calculations of cost of ownership, also think about pleasure of driving a smooth Petrol car, less noise in cabin of petrol Linea .
No doubt about that! A Petrol option is always better & especially if your drive is not more than 2000km per month. It is a good feeling when you own a Diesel car & hav a smaller fuel bill (& beter FE) , but tht is a small consolation to the hefty Price you pay upfront (actualy you can get a Nano for the difference - wife also happy )

And moreover, if you see the trend the Petrol & diesel cost difference is getting narrower. You never know if both will cost same oneday.

So, in a nutshell you should be happy you got a petrol car if :
a. you drive less than 2000km per month.
b. you will have a new car in 5yrs.
c. you want a slightly smoother ride & less niggles & vibrations (dont wanna debate on modern day diesel tech.)
d. also if i m not wrong , you can fit alternate fuel like LPG only in a petrol car (correct me if i m wrong)
Old 15th August 2009, 10:50   #44
BHPian

Having driven a MJD for around 5 months, i feel the diesel option is 'almost' at par with its petrol sibling. I would put the vibration and noise factor as marginally (around 10%) more than the petrol counterpart.

Even at 1500 km/month a MJD would break even and would have a higher resale when one wants to dispose it off. The OTR cost difference between petrol and diesel is approx 1.1 lakhs, but the cost savings it results in are around 3100 pm, paying for the excess cost and interest in around 2.5 yrs. Giving this input having experienced it first hand.

Fuel type;Mileage;Ltr/mnth;Cost/ltr;FuelCost
-------------------------------------------
Petrol;11;100;37;3700
Diesel;15;136;50;6800
-------------------------------------------

Last edited by luky_13 : 15th August 2009 at 10:52. Reason: Formatting grid
Old 15th August 2009, 13:32   #45
BHPian

Mates

I think we are again getting into which one is better petrol or Diesel debate. If you talk about me I really cannot drive a petrol car now for below mentioned reasons

1. The cost of 1 liter petrol is about 40% more then cost of diesel. And the mileage you get in diesel is about 33% then a petrol car. I have driven a petrol car for 3 yrs and then a diesel for 6.5 yrs and now again bought a diesel. And I am happy about my decision.

2. As an indivisual I have a nature of enjoying more benifits at nominal cost. (It may sounds stupid but yes its true in my case eg. I would go for an Unlimited broadband connection for paying a little more amount which I may or may not exploit completly)

3. Some people tell me that I dont have much of a running on my car so Petrol is OK. I reply to them that time never remains same. What if you or anyone in your family get a job in a office which is about 30 to 40 kms away from your home and there is no transport provided by office(this is quiet normal in delhi), Then one may realise that he should have bought a diesel vehicle. I know a fellow colleague in my office who is spending about 6.5 k a month in commuting to office daily on a Santro, where in I spend about 3.5k for the same distance.

4. Fueling my diesel car doesnt pinch me at all. I am comfortable in enjoying the takeaway snacks in the car with the long ideal time with the AC on in the car.

5. Delhi being a metro city is quiet big. One has to shed out a minimum of Rs 500 note to refuel a petrol car if he is traveling from one corner to another. And at times if its for a simple fun or an obligation of helping someone you dont like, some people avoid enjoying that moment thinking that yaar Petrol lagega. I have never got that thought in my mind while driving a diesel.

6. I have seen many civic, sx4, City , Santro , WagonR owners driving the car without AC switched ON in a considerably hot weather. They try to save on fuel by driving with AC off. In my diesel the AC is always on.

And for all the above reasons if one say that alternative is that we can install a CNG or LPG on a petrol car. I would again say that then we are compromising on the performance of the Engine and saftey. There come a hand full of issues after one install a gas kit. Dry fuel reduces the life of an engine. More over you are finishing off your boot space and also living with a hazardous Gas cylender at your back. What a point in spending more for features like ABS, Airbag, Fire prevention system when we are driving with a Gas cyllender at the back.

Guys These are just my thoughts and no attack to Petrol car owners. Please pardon me if you disagree with me.

Most Viewed