Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2009, 14:03   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
The coming home function works when you activate it before getting off the car. I want it to work when I am leaving home / getting into the car at night too. If I activate the coming home feature for 60 seconds then the car should remember that and it should get activated when I unlock the car using the remote key. If the key is inserted in the ignition before user defined seconds, the headlights should switch off automatically.

Driver can deactivate the feature manually anytime by pushing the lever away after key is removed from ignition. MID can display "Coming home lights deactivated."
But i tried it with 30secs while leaving.But after the light has gone off.i opened using the remote key.But the headlight was not functioned.

yes what you suggested is right.
If it keep it in memory and activate the light once remote key is clicked to open.
This is a good feature to be added in Linea.

Last edited by aks_karthik : 8th September 2009 at 14:07.
Old 8th September 2009, 16:25   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicesachin View Post
Guys

My Linea's Odometer shows 3250 Kms. Car is due for the first service, I am Wondering if TASS will be hard at accepting the car as it has run over 250 kms.

What was your Odo showing when you went for First service of your Linea.? And any hassels at TASS not accepting the vehicle ?
Sachin - You must really be a nice person. Such innocence in your query!

Dude , it is 3000km or 3 months whichever is earlier. and if you go @ 3500km also they will have no grouse against you ! The first service is nothing but a general checkup and your list of problems (if any) that they attend to.
Old 8th September 2009, 16:30   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys

My Linea's Odometer shows 3250 Kms. Car is due for the first service, I am Wondering if TASS will be hard at accepting the car as it has run over 250 kms.
Sachin,

Dont worry. When i went for 1st service my ODO was well under 3000 kms but my friend who also owns a silver Linea went with me and his Linea had completed around 3400 kms and also 3 months deadlines was over.

We talked with ABS motor and they said no issue, they will punch in less than 3k kms in their bill which is 0 for 1st service.

Dont worry, just talk with serv centre in adv so that they dont crib later. Which TASS you heading to? Rama, okhla?
Old 8th September 2009, 17:19   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
But i tried it with 30secs while leaving.But after the light has gone off.i opened using the remote key.But the headlight was not functioned.
Guys, Linea just has coming home lights feature, it does not have the leaving home lights feature!
Quote:
Guys

What was your Odo showing when you went for First service of your Linea.? And any hassels at TASS not accepting the vehicle ?
The manual states any where from 3K to 3.5 K Km. We gave our Linea at 3400 Km. And even if you cross 3.5 K, you dont have to worry. But it shouldn't be too great like 5K or 6K Km.
Old 8th September 2009, 18:13   #80
BHPian

Much relieved now. Thanks guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Which TASS you heading to? Rama, okhla?
I read about your review of changing the seat assembly @ ABS motors. Where in they were trying to confine you uptill the customer's lounge. I would prefer to look what they are doing with my car. (Just curious )

What do you suggest RAMA, Techno or ABS ? A big no to Aone Motors. its a very congested workshop.
Old 8th September 2009, 20:05   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Much relieved now. Thanks guys.
What do you suggest RAMA, Techno or ABS ? A big no to Aone Motors. its a very congested workshop.
Sachin,
Eliminate Techno too. The approach is too bad for that workshop. Atleast 3-4 kms without roads and sand speedbreakers where my Linea bottomed out 4-5 times which hurt as it was then 2 days old.

You have to select between Rama and ABS now. Both are good, anyways do you have any issues? 1st service is nothing but general checkup (air filter clean, fluids top up) and then a good washing of the car.

ABS motors is not congested, they have a wide area, ground level for service bays, basement for PDI and new cars and 1st floor for body shop.
My exp was good there, have a look at Indian car dealership ABS thread. There are pics.
Old 8th September 2009, 21:25   #82
BHPian

Sure mate

I have seen the pics of ABS motors. Looked impressive.

I will plan for a visit to either ABS or RAMA this weekend.
Old 9th September 2009, 10:32   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
Guys, Linea just has coming home lights feature, it does not have the leaving home lights feature!

Well a friend of mine says that it does have the leaving home feature too....
Old 9th September 2009, 11:34   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_and View Post

Just ask him how to activate and post the details here.
Old 9th September 2009, 13:27   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_and View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Just ask him how to activate and post the details here.
Well, I guess I've gone through the Linea brochure and manual more than anyone else in this world, and I have nowhere read about leaving home lights, so I'm pretty sure that its not there.
I had also pointed out before that Linea doesn't have heated ORVMs (contrary to some posts) since there was no mention of it in the brochure or the manual and that has now been confirmed.
So endnote: No leaving home lights in Linea as if it had been then surely it would have been mentioned somewhere.
Old 9th September 2009, 13:30   #86
Senior - BHPian

yes,i too gone through the entire manual and searched in a lot of sites for this.
But my final conclusion is, leaving home lights is not present in Linea.
I too enquired with TATA CSM and techinical people.
If it's present,i would be more happy.
Old 24th September 2009, 15:25   #87
BHPian

Mates
I am done with the First service on my Linea MJD this Sunday. The Odo mark was at 3520 kms. I went to the RAMA Motors @ Okhla Delhi. There is nothing much they do in the First service. Its just Washing and Oil checkup,What they all did to my LInea. In case there are any concerns that you report to them they will fix them. I didn’t have any concerns except that quarter glass chrome strip falling down. They said that they will fix it by Feviquick which I didn’t find a good option. I would rather get it fixed with Glass fixing glu, which is more reliable. Below are some points that show a good customer serving attitude @ workshop.

1. Sunday Being the busiest day of the week, I was relived in just 1hr20 mins. (1st service)
2. Everybody in the workshop was courteous right from Service Manager to car washer. All were helpful.
3. I was treated like a VIP after I took the name of Ghost_rider. He is like a celebrity to them.
4. I liked the way car was cleaned from in and outside I am attaching the pics below
5. It was only the billing (0 bill) which took about 20 mins in the whole time spent at the workshop. One of their Billing system was down.

Overall Customer serving experience from the workshop was very good. Before returning back home I tipped the car washing guys. As they were the one who spent the most time on my Linea
Attached Thumbnails
Emotionally packed Lady in white (Fiat Linea ). Wife's envy, my pride-img_6579.jpg  

Emotionally packed Lady in white (Fiat Linea ). Wife's envy, my pride-img_6580.jpg  

Emotionally packed Lady in white (Fiat Linea ). Wife's envy, my pride-img_6582.jpg  

Last edited by nicesachin : 24th September 2009 at 15:28.
Old 7th October 2009, 13:32   #88
BHPian

Mates
With Deep sorrow, I would like to inform you that some BasXXrd tried to steal the Left side rear view mirror of my Linea. While stealing he couldnt take out the complete piece and actually broke the mirror. Then he didnt take anything and leave behind the broken peice. The upper revolving peices was fine, its only the base which is screwed into the Door was broken.

So just went to the TASS and asked them if I can get the Base but they said that they sell the complete part that includes Revolving mirror case (with mirror) and the base that holds it with door. Cost Rs. 1750/-

Had no options, so got it replaced with a new one. The vocal white Flap was replaced from the old mirror. TASS just charged me 1750/- (the parts cost) and no labour. I was relieved in 40 mins.

But now I am seriously concerned like for how long this new mirror will survive.
Old 7th October 2009, 16:22   #89
BHPian

Sad Sachin. The thriving grey market is responsible for this. First it was badges, and now RVMs.
Old 8th October 2009, 02:05   #90
BANNED

Sachin

Use body cover. I used to use it. Whenever for whatever reason I did not put it on the car, 2 times the badge got stolen

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks