Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2009, 23:59   #31
BHPian

nice choice buddy. congrats.

What a fantastic FE you are geeting!! really surprised!
Old 18th August 2009, 11:52   #32
Shivashara

Quote:
nice choice buddy. congrats.

What a fantastic FE you are getting!! really surprised
Thanks buddy, I think FE of 18 to 20 on highway quite achievable as well.

Old 18th August 2009, 12:49   #33
Senior - BHPian

congratulations!nice choice of colour as well as itilian beauty.Enjoy admiration.
Old 18th August 2009, 13:18   #34
Shivashara

Quote:
congratulations!nice choice of colour as well as itilian beauty.Enjoy admiration.
[COLOR=#777]_________

CHEERS!!
V I J A Y[/COLOR]
Thnks Vijay. Yes it's fun.

Old 18th August 2009, 14:22   #35
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Shiva, enjoy the Italian ride!

I would suggest you to use 1st gear when moving from stand still, it has the max power.
Old 18th August 2009, 15:28   #36
Shivashara

Quote:
Congrats Shiva, enjoy the Italian ride!

I would suggest you to use 1st gear when moving from stand still, it has the max power
I know it has maximum power but its very short and moving with 2nd is no problem at all.
This was same in good old days of Fiat padmini, First gear was seldom required and I onwed Fiat for long time. Citiy driving does not require 1st gear for me atleast, I find good power in second gear itself.

Old 18th August 2009, 18:36   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivashara View Post
I know it has maximum power but its very short and moving with 2nd is no problem at all.
This was same in good old days of Fiat padmini, First gear was seldom required and I onwed Fiat for long time. Citiy driving does not require 1st gear for me atleast, I find good power in second gear itself.
picking the car ( a heavy one that too) in second gear could cause serious damage to the engine shiva.
please try and avoid doing that dude and that too in a new car
Old 18th August 2009, 19:47   #38
Shivashara

Quote:
picking the car ( a heavy one that too) in second gear could cause serious damage to the engine shiva.
please try and avoid doing that dude and that too in a new car
I don't know but I don't find any stress on engine, as every one know 1st gear is very short in Fiat cars, there is no use picking in 1st.
I put it in 2nd and do not press accelerator, just release the clutch and there is enough power that that it start moving forward and there is no stress.

Old 18th August 2009, 20:36   #39
BHPian

Congratulations. Nice choice of colour and welcome to the Linea Club. I am also trying to be light footed, but still haven't been able to reach 11 kmpl in city driving!
Old 19th August 2009, 13:40   #40
Shivashara

Quote:
Congratulations. Nice choice of colour and welcome to the Linea Club. I am also trying to be light footed, but stime till haven't been able to reach 11 kmpl in city driving!
Today I achieved this for 4 Km of city driving with traffic but no halt, you can see the time. Mine is 1.4 petrol.
Attached Thumbnails
La Cosa Mas Bella Italiano. La Linea-dsc00123.jpg  

Old 19th August 2009, 18:38   #41
BHPian

Wow! Mine is petrol too, but I guess I have a lot of stops and starts
Old 19th August 2009, 19:08   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivashara View Post
Today I achieved this for 4 Km of city driving with traffic but no halt, you can see the time. Mine is 1.4 petrol.
Congrats Shiv!! Great FE on 1.4 Petrol Linea
As i see that you have driven the beauty for almost 3000 kms, wanna know if there are any issues with the engine and it's performance in City/highway driving when fully loaded?
Thanks.

-Vish
Old 19th August 2009, 20:20   #43
BHPian

The Petrol Linea is a good performer. It is very silent and has minimal vibrations in the cabin. But cross 3000rpm and you can hear the racy tone of the engine.

I've travelled with 6 people with AC, on a few occasions, and the car pulled really well. Nowhere does it appear that the car struggles.
And you can also drive around in 3rd gear at 10kmph without knocking!
It feels little slow in initial rpms, but once you cross 2000rpm its a different animal altogether.

BTW there are several Petrol Linea owners who have completed 7000 kms also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwask82 View Post
As i see that you have driven the beauty for almost 3000 kms, wanna know if there are any issues with the engine and it's performance in City/highway driving when fully loaded?
Thanks.

-Vish

Last edited by neotraveller : 19th August 2009 at 20:22.
Old 19th August 2009, 20:57   #44
Shivashara

Quote:
Wow! Mine is petrol too, but I guess I have a lot of stops and starts
No car can give good average in stop and start situation, even worse is my Wagon R's FE in that case. The good thing to have MID system in car, so that one can or can't blame car for what it is returning you, because you can see it yourself that what is your average speed is and hence will be FE

Quote:
Thanks
Thanks Shiv, yes I very happy that Fiat has addressed FE issue more than anything else to survive in India because last time they brought faster engine and racing cars are never fuel efficient. So far no issues with car, its rock solid.
Quote:
The Petrol Linea is a good performer. It is very silent and has minimal vibrations in the cabin. But cross 3000rpm and you can hear the racy tone of the engine.

I've traveled with 6 people with AC, on a few occasions, and the car pulled really well. Nowhere does it appear that the car struggles.
And you can also drive around in 3rd gear at 10kmph without knocking!
It feels little slow in initial rpms, but once you cross 2000rpm its a different animal altogether.

BTW there are several Petrol Linea owners who have completed 7000 kms also.
Absolutely Right, As written above, I don't use 1st gear and car pulls effortlessly in 2nd gear and 3rd gear is very useful in slow moving traffic, you can pull From 10kmph up to 80kmph in 3rd gear and no fuss what so ever.
Even on hill with full load, you can pull from 40lmph in 5th gear and you won't know that you forgot to change gear. In way sometimes its making me lazy. HI Hi HI

Old 28th August 2009, 00:25   #45
BHPian

Wow, 18 km/l (even though only for 4 km) in a petrol Linea is something that I've not heard before or seen on this forum! But it's good to see that you're managing this kind of economy without cribbing about the power. That should clear up a lot of prospective but confused buyer's minds.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks