Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2009, 09:45   #46
Senior - BHPian

I have a very basic question. When you measure A-B mileage, do you have to set the starting point as 'A' and then once you reach point 'B' again reset it to get the A-B mileage?
Old 28th August 2009, 13:03   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
I have a very basic question. When you measure A-B mileage, do you have to set the starting point as 'A' and then once you reach point 'B' again reset it to get the A-B mileage?
No, if you reset the trip then everything gets reset that includes time, distance, av' speed and av' FE. If you want to measure afresh from point B then you need to reset it again.
Old 28th August 2009, 15:59   #48
Shivashara

Quote:
Wow, 18 km/l (even though only for 4 km) in a petrol Linea is something that I've not heard before or seen on this forum! But it's good to see that you're managing this kind of economy without cribbing about the power. That should clear up a lot of prospective but confused buyer's minds
It does, even A.S.S. has also improved a lot more and will improve much more in coming days once service personnels get some experience of the cars.

Old 28th August 2009, 16:29   #49
Shivashara

Quote:
I have a very basic question. When you measure A-B mileage, do you have to set the starting point as 'A' and then once you reach point 'B' again reset it to get the A-B mileage
As you know there are two trip A and B, to calculate A-B mileage, reset any one of the trip at starting point A and when you reach point B, look at that trip for total mileage, distance covered, time it took and average speed of the car during this trip, like an example here.
Attached Thumbnails
La Cosa Mas Bella Italiano. La Linea-4.jpg  

La Cosa Mas Bella Italiano. La Linea-5.jpg  

La Cosa Mas Bella Italiano. La Linea-6.jpg  

La Cosa Mas Bella Italiano. La Linea-7.jpg  

Old 28th August 2009, 16:36   #50
Senior - BHPian

let me tell onething

if you reset any of the trip meter.whether another trip meter also increasing continuously or only trip meter you resetted.

Ex:

Trip A : 50kms
Trip B : 0kms

After driving some 20kms,in my car,Trip A shows as 70kms and Trip B in 20kms.
Old 28th August 2009, 16:48   #51
Shivashara

Karthik, this is how it works, you are absolutely right and this is how one can check instant A-B calculations.

Old 28th August 2009, 17:11   #52
Senior - BHPian

Thanx Shivshara,

I knew it,but after reading your post i have a thought of asking you.
But during my early owning,i remebered correctly,if you Reset Trip A then Trip B won't work.Only Trip A is increasing.
But i am not clear.
Lineans just clear my doubt please
Old 28th August 2009, 17:23   #53
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Thanx Shivshara,

I knew it,but after reading your post i have a thought of asking you.
But during my early owning,i remebered correctly,if you Reset Trip A then Trip B won't work.Only Trip A is increasing.
But i am not clear.
Lineans just clear my doubt please
Karthik

As name suggests trip A & Trip B are 2 different trip meters & can be used to track 2 different trips/ tours. If you reset one, it does not affect the other trip meter at all.

e.g. I use Trip A for Tank-full to tank-full - i.e. I reset it at every tank-full to calculate manual FE

I use Trip B for Shorter trips like Residence to office, office to residence, any outstation trip etc

so, in my case Trip B distance would always be lesser than trip A distance.
Old 28th August 2009, 17:43   #54
Shivashara

These Both A & B trips can be set any given time and once reset, they will start with zero.

Old 28th August 2009, 17:53   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivashara View Post
Thanks Sachin, Yeah silver look nice but its too common and I don't like to be in crowd. Yes you can address me with the name Cartoos.

I'm thinking its the RED thats all around here in bangalore. Whatever, your car looks sweet .

Congrats.
Old 28th August 2009, 18:05   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivashara View Post
These Both A & B trips can be set any given time and once reset, they will start with zero.
Thank you guys. I was a bit confused . I am getting very tempted to buy Linea but looking at other priorities, it would be early next year for me.
Old 28th August 2009, 18:06   #57
Shivashara

Yeah but Solid Red is my first love but flemingo Red No.

Old 28th August 2009, 19:31   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
let me tell onething

if you reset any of the trip meter.whether another trip meter also increasing continuously or only trip meter you resetted.

Ex:

Trip A : 50kms
Trip B : 0kms

After driving some 20kms,in my car,Trip A shows as 70kms and Trip B in 20kms.
That is obvious, otherwise what's the point of providing 2 trips if they both get reset together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Karthik

As name suggests trip A & Trip B are 2 different trip meters & can be used to track 2 different trips/ tours. If you reset one, it does not affect the other trip meter at all.

e.g. I use Trip A for Tank-full to tank-full - i.e. I reset it at every tank-full to calculate manual FE

I use Trip B for Shorter trips like Residence to office, office to residence, any outstation trip etc

so, in my case Trip B distance would always be lesser than trip A distance.
Exactly what I was saying. I second that. Only difference is that I use Trip A for daily use and Trip B for tank full.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks