Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2009, 23:58   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phanitha View Post
Hey Ajay, Congrats for the Punto. Nice Color.Black leather seats for the red car are looking really great. Congrats once again and drive safe.

OT: The alloys on your Palio are super. Can you please tell me the cost of alloys on Palio and which brand.
Thanks buddy. The Palio wheels are 98 PCD alloys from Aura. For more details, refer to my post: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post1013497

Unfortunately Aura alloys are no longer in production.
Old 17th August 2009, 00:04   #17
BHPian

Glow plugs error

Friends,

I am seeing an error being displayed in my Punto. Here is what is happening:

1) Key inserted and turned to MAR position. Heater coil light comes on and goes away after a few seconds.
2) I start the car - engine starts normally.
3) After a few seconds, the heater coil light starts blinking and the words "Check glow plugs" comes up in the display. I am able to drive normally though.
4) The blinking light and the warning message go away after about 30 secs and everything appears normal.

Please let me know if this is a serious issue requiring immediate attention or whether I can postpone attending to this till the first service.
Old 17th August 2009, 00:12   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayr View Post
Thanks buddy. The Palio wheels are 98 PCD alloys from Aura. For more details, refer to my post: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post1013497

Unfortunately Aura alloys are no longer in production.
]

Thank you for the information. But its a sad news that the alloys are no longer in production
Old 17th August 2009, 10:20   #19
BHPian

Congrats ajayron your purchase of this Italian beauty. the seat covers look awesome,nice combination of colors.
Old 17th August 2009, 11:03   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Friends,

1) Key inserted and turned to MAR position. Heater coil light comes on and goes away after a few seconds.
3) After a few seconds, the heater coil light starts blinking and the words "Check glow plugs" comes up in the display. I am able to drive normally though.
4) The blinking light and the warning message go away after about 30 secs and everything appears normal.

Please let me know if this is a serious issue requiring immediate attention or whether I can postpone attending to this till the first service.
If this occurs all the time (or most of the time you start the car), have it checked. Not a good idea to postpone something like this
Old 17th August 2009, 11:39   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
If this occurs all the time (or most of the time you start the car), have it checked. Not a good idea to postpone something like this
Yes, it has been occurring every time since yesterday. I will get it checked this week.
Old 17th August 2009, 11:45   #22
BHPian

Ajay,
Congrats and welcome to the GP club
And do get that problem of yours solved immediately.
Old 17th August 2009, 11:45   #23
BHPian

Dude, don't delay go to service centre ASAP.

Check the troubleshooting section of the manual. They will have this warning listed and plan of action required.

Cars have come a long way ... they tell you what's wrong also!

Quote:
Friends,

Old 17th August 2009, 11:52   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Ajay,
Very cute looking car & interiors.
Interior Theme is really interesting especailly Steering and gear Knob.
Enjoy and Drive Safe
Old 17th August 2009, 11:58   #25
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on being a red punter!

You need to get the problem sorted out immediately. Glowing glow plugs aren't pleasant.

BTW, Did you chose the leather seats design? IMO, the front seats design could have been a little better. No offense meant mate! Enjai maadi!
Old 17th August 2009, 12:07   #26
BHPian

Thanks a lot guys.
@JVH, the Stanley guys showed some designs for the Punto and I chose this one
Old 17th August 2009, 18:07   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Friends,

May be something to do with sensors etc, but why wait till first service? Glow plugs are only needed on cold climates, as such may not impact your car at all, but I suggest you get this checked, if only for peace of mind.
Old 17th August 2009, 20:04   #28
Shivashara

Congrats Ajay, Red Punto looks great and stanely seat covers are great and two tone gear knob finish looks great too.
Keep enjoying and happy motoring.
Check the manual for problem you are facing, it should be there.

Old 20th August 2009, 16:28   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Friends,

Got this checked at Concorde, Mysore Road today. Seems that this error is being commonly reported in many Puntos. The service advisor mentioned that the engine must be not started before the heater coil light goes off, failure to do so might lead to this error appearing - I am usually careful to always wait for the light to go off before starting the engine, guess I need to be doubly sure here afterwards.
Old 20th August 2009, 16:44   #30
BHPian

congratz ajay!
you got yourself one beautiful babe
enjoy her!

your ex babe looks cool too

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks