Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2009, 15:47   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Great Choice. Did not really understand the part of the tax on ex-showroom (how else is it to be done) and the road tax(are they charging you more than you really have to pay?)

Please elaborate. THink it would help all new car buyers in spotting if things are being done this way.
This I wanted to reserve for later after my experience with registration. However, since you asked, here are the details. I have explained the same in another thread too.

As per Dealer, RTO collects tax on Ex-showroom price, say in this case for 7.25 L. (Tax is 14.3% of 7.25 = 1.03 L).

RTO website says that tax has to be paid for the invoice amount. My invoice value is 6.75 after 50K of discount (Tax is 14.3% of 6.75 = 96 K)

I insisted the dealer that I will do the registration myself and received the invoice from dealer which says 6.75 L after discount of 50 K. Difference is 7 K + 4 K dealer charges for registration. Total savings is 11 K..

Hope it is clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
Congratulations! I bought a black Sx4 Zxi from Pratham on Aug 7, and am enjoying the run-in period. Suggest that you do a few drives on NICE road, Sarjapur Road etc. - it is a pain driving in Bangalore traffic.

I have done ~ 675 km, and am getting 10-11 km with 100% AC. I make it a point to rev the engine till 2.5K before each gear shift, and have also done semi-offroading with the car (on the way to Galibore fishing camp), so perhaps the fule efficiency will improve with time.

I have opted for Karlsson leather seats (getting them today). I think Karlsson also does non-leather stuff. I will ask Sajith and send you his number if you are interested.
I am following your thread nilanjanray

Please let me know Sajith's number and please upload photos of your seats. How much did you pay for the leather seats?

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Technocrat : 18th August 2009 at 15:25. Reason: please read the note in post, thanks
Old 17th August 2009, 17:01   #17
Senior - BHPian

50K discount, amazing deal man.

Congrats. is that Silky Silver color?
Old 18th August 2009, 14:05   #18
BHPian

Yes Rajiv - It is a silky silver color
Old 18th August 2009, 15:02   #19
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase. The SX4 has a superb road presence and is the best value for money Sedan.

Can you post some interior pics.
Old 18th August 2009, 16:49   #20
BHPian

Its good choice, I am driving the Zxi silky silver for almost last two years. The real fun of the car is on highway thats why i call it Tourer rather a sedan. Have driven at 170 on couple of instances, the car was pretty composed.
Old 19th August 2009, 13:56   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post
Congrats on your purchase. The SX4 has a superb road presence and is the best value for money Sedan.

Can you post some interior pics.
Attched an interior picture
Attached Thumbnails
SX4 ZXi - Men are back ... (Once again)-interior.jpg  

Old 19th August 2009, 14:50   #22
Senior - BHPian

MarathP, Welcome to the SX4 club. It seems a lot of people are rediscovering this wonderful car. I see a lot more new SX4's on the roads in Delhi. I believe that some people who would have bought the City are now buying the SX4 as Honda has upped the price without any justification. Moreover, as more and more owners report mileage figures in the 10-12 KMPL range, the fuel guzzler perception is slowly going away.

MSIL on its part has resolved some of teething problems like driveshafts & made some improvements like rear seat and neck restraint design, suspension ( as per your experience) which is being appreciated by the car buying junta.

The Men Are Truly Back
Old 19th August 2009, 18:15   #23
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by marathp View Post
Many months of analysis, few test drives, dozens of hours of browsing on Team-BHP and feedback from TBHPians, I have finally settled down with SX4 ZXi
==========================
Thats for now, attaching a picture.
In the older models, the passenger who sits in the rear middle was put to inconvenience because of protruding foldable arm-rest [at the back] and the hump created by the drive-shaft [at the floor]. Have they been redesigned in the 2009 SX4?

Old 19th August 2009, 18:39   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
MarathP, Welcome to the SX4 club. It seems a lot of people are rediscovering this wonderful car. I see a lot more new SX4's on the roads in Delhi. I believe that some people who would have bought the City are now buying the SX4 as Honda has upped the price without any justification. Moreover, as more and more owners report mileage figures in the 10-12 KMPL range, the fuel guzzler perception is slowly going away.
+ 1. I was in Delhi yesterday for a day and visited several areas like GK 1, Sansad Marg, South Ex. I was pleased to see several Sx4s as I passed these areas. I was also intrigued to see several Dzire's and Swifts but mostly petrol, unlike Bangalore where every Dzire or Swift is a Diesel.
Looks like Diesel is a greater craze downsouth
Old 19th August 2009, 18:53   #25
Senior - BHPian

Congrats MarathP, and welcome to teh SX4 club. just one piece of advice. Please get some good seat covers ASAP since those light beige seats will attract dust like moths to a light.

I am getting about 11 with AC in Hyd city traffic in my SX4 (done about 1200 kms in one month) - have done two tankfulls of shell regular petrol.
Old 20th August 2009, 08:10   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Congrats MarathP, and welcome to teh SX4 club. just one piece of advice. Please get some good seat covers ASAP since those light beige seats will attract dust like moths to a light.
Thanks himanshu. Yes, I am planning for a seat cover before first service. Any advice on type of material? Accessory shop at the dealer mentioned something like a Lustor material with a cotton padding at the back and adviced that it is better than art leather. Your thoughts?
Old 20th August 2009, 10:14   #27
Senior - BHPian

well, I have gotten a dual shade art leather cover from Xstream fitted- simply because art leather is reasonable, looks good (if done right) and is very easy to clean. I got beige seats with black inserts in the back rest to co-ordinate with the beige and black color scheme of the car and it looks pretty decent.

the cost came to 4.5k (and this is when i got it done from one of the more expensive shops in Hyd simply because his workmanship is top class) so you may be able to get a better deal in Blr.

As regards the Lustor material, I have no idea of this, buddy.
Old 26th August 2009, 11:04   #28
BHPian

Update : 400 KM

I have clocked 400 KM now and I really love the car for its solid build and GC. Went for some highway drive and also some not so good roads. (s)he Behaved perfectly well and didn't feel tired at all.

However, gear shifting doesn't feel comfortable. Feels like it is not moving to the slot correctly. Will it get corrected in the first service? Or is it a known problem?

I also wanted to go for a long drive after first service. Is it really required to wait for 1000 KM for first service? Or can I give it at around 400-500 KM. What's the drawback? Please advice.

I could see that RPM is at around 1100-1200 range in the morning when I start the vehicle. But, after a drive it settles at around 900. Is it normal or something to worry about?
Old 26th August 2009, 13:16   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have clocked 400 KM now and I really love the car for its solid build and GC. Went for some highway drive and also some not so good roads. (s)he Behaved perfectly well and didn't feel tired at all.

However, gear shifting doesn't feel comfortable. Feels like it is not moving to the slot correctly. Will it get corrected in the first service? Or is it a known problem?

I also wanted to go for a long drive after first service. Is it really required to wait for 1000 KM for first service? Or can I give it at around 400-500 KM. What's the drawback? Please advice.

I could see that RPM is at around 1100-1200 range in the morning when I start the vehicle. But, after a drive it settles at around 900. Is it normal or something to worry about?

Marathp,

The SX4 gearbox is not the smoothest. It has a kinfd of 2 stage shift action. However, you will get used to it pretty soon.

No problem in getting the car seviced earlier. At 1000 Km oil change most of the metal waste/ should clear out and hence the need for a service.

The starting rpm of 1100-1200 is perfectly normal. As the engine warms up it settled down to approx 850 rpm.
Old 26th August 2009, 14:32   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I have the same problem with the gears. Things should improve with use.

Better to wait for first service. I did the 1st servicing a few days back, and have started pushing the car. Plan to go for a long drive in the next few days. If you like the hills/jungles, we can think of doing a trip together sometime.

This is perfectly normal - I had the same query initially.

I am planning to upgrade the headlights to Xtreme Power or Osram Night Breaker. Let me know if you are interested in doing the same - can try to get a joint deal done.

Am also facing irritating noises from the seats after I adjusted the height. Didn't fully go away after the first service. Are your seats alright?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks