Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2009, 05:40   #1

My paprika flying machine has arrived ( Ford Fiesta 1.6zxi )

Research Period : 3 months
Test Drives : ANHC, Fiat Linea (P & D), Swift Dezire, Ford fiesta (P &D)
Sites for review : T - Bhp, Mouth shut and official sites of respective ones.
Discussions : GKsunil, VNABHI.
Decision : Ford Fiesta 1.6zxi, Paprika red.
Booked on : 7/8/09; Metro ford Hubli
Arrived on : 14/8/09
Acknowledgements : VNABHI, GKSUNIL,SHAJUFX,RAAMKI and all those who have posted their valuable research on team BHP.
I have changed the car tyres upon arrival. Upgraded to Michellin 185/65. Exchange costed 9500 for 5 tyres + a Reebock bag.
First hand opinion : The test drives are naught. This is the real thing. What a car! Take it on a spin on the highway to believe it.
Advice : Dont try flooring the gas if you dont have aclear view of the next five kms. It flies !
The Michellin tyres. The road noise has really reduced. The grip and handling is wonderful.
Complaint : The seat length seems short. Not enough leg support. I started feeling the strain after a couple of hours of drive.
Does anybody else hve the same problem, or is it that I still need to find a proper seat height position
Thankyou guys
Time for another Sortie!
Attached Thumbnails
My paprika flying machine has arrived ( Ford Fiesta 1.6zxi )-truckload.jpg  

My paprika flying machine has arrived ( Ford Fiesta 1.6zxi )-pdi.jpg  

My paprika flying machine has arrived ( Ford Fiesta 1.6zxi )-raining-paprika.jpg  

My paprika flying machine has arrived ( Ford Fiesta 1.6zxi )-close-up.jpg  

My paprika flying machine has arrived ( Ford Fiesta 1.6zxi )-paprika-rain.jpg  

My paprika flying machine has arrived ( Ford Fiesta 1.6zxi )-one-road.jpg  

Old 17th August 2009, 11:24   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaxis View Post
The Michellin tyres. The road noise has really reduced. The grip and handling is wonderful.
Complaint : The seat length seems short. Not enough leg support. I started feeling the strain after a couple of hours of drive.
The stock tyres of most indian cars are not good enough. Either the cars are undertyred or the quality is not good enough. Our baleno with S322 is not exactly grippy.
Considering such a driver oriented machine, its smart to change the tyres.

About the strain, you need to find a better driving position. Might take a bit of time too. I have similar issue with baleno. After driving 800 for long, when I am driving Baleno, my ankle strains after 30 mins of driving that too most of it on expresshighway.
It will take sometime, but you will find a better driving position.
Old 17th August 2009, 12:59   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congrats zaxis---it took quite some time for your post to appear---perhaps because you are a newbie.
Man, those twins look good---is the other one of gksunil? I've noticed one car already has side strips---looks like yours.
As regards driving position, I agree with aaggoswami. But if you compare with the NHC (Not sure of ANHC), the seats are not as roomy. But I've driven for 14 hours to Mumbai, and did not have any issue at all.
Old 17th August 2009, 13:01   #4
BHPian

Did you buy 2 cars ? i mean why buy the same car, you could have bought something else.
Old 17th August 2009, 13:04   #5
Senior - BHPian

congrats on red paprika, looks good, two of them, so one of yours and another one of? do reply also one of them has side strips on doors and one doesnt, which one is urs?
Old 17th August 2009, 14:41   #6
BHPian

congrats sir on the buy!! both the twins look hot and spicy, paprika red alright; and she flies for sure!!

well, about the strain on the leg, i really miss the dead pedal from my santro!! really wish all cars came with them as standard!

@ abbas - Sunil owns the other car (GKSUNIL), they both booked and got their cars together in Metro Hubli!
Old 17th August 2009, 16:46   #7
Senior - BHPian

Does Metro Hubli sell their Fords from a truck? Where is the showroom? lol
Old 17th August 2009, 17:31   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
That was really funny.

Congratulations Tinku's (gksunil) friend and welcome to team-bhp, a family you will enjoy in all its glory. I was updated everything about your decision, booking, waiting, delivery etc. throughout the process by Tinku. Happy to see that side strip on your car, which I am yet to receive after waiting for 24 days. Looks like you guys got the delivery in a record time, which I had wished, pleaded and cried for my own car, but never happend.

Enjoy the ride, its a powerful engine you have got there, keep typing your initial experiences, upgrades, dislikes etc. without any reservations !
Old 17th August 2009, 19:36   #9
BHPian

Congrats zaxis, Thtas a nice buy. Cool interiors, though i am not a big fan of the AC vents.
Old 17th August 2009, 20:54   #10

Thanks guys! The one with the side strips is mine. Looks awesome doesn't it? Costed me 4750 bucks. A bit steep I should say, but then, I guess beauty does come with a price tag.
I'm sorry about that wait Shaju. I guess I was lucky to have the car delivered so fast. As for the side strips, only one pair was available on that day. So gksunil's (tinku) car and mine have turned out to look like twins from Golmaal (the old one) - One brother with a Mush and another without.
raamki's car must have arrived by now. Congrats Raamki.
Old 17th August 2009, 22:33   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zteg View Post
Congrats zaxis, Thtas a nice buy. Cool interiors, though i am not a big fan of the AC vents.
I like them, but my wife doesn't. They are very practical--as you can direct air in any direction with relative ease, and they also facilitate a larger volume of cool air to pass through.
It is also easy to clean the insides because of the wide openings.
I've seen many sports cars like Audi and Mustang sport similar ducts.
Old 17th August 2009, 23:18   #12
BHPian

Red color car looks very good. Congrats and drive safe. The twin Fiestas are HOT.
Old 17th August 2009, 23:59   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaxis View Post
raamki's car must have arrived by now. Congrats Raamki.
Thanks a lot sir, our car arrived last week and we even made a round trip to nandi hills over the weekend!! absolutely enjoyed the drive!!

The side strips look neat, we ordered the same ones but were quoted 5k for it! wonder why it's 250rs more expensive here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
They are very practical--as you can direct air in any direction with relative ease, and they also facilitate a larger volume of cool air to pass through. It is also easy to clean the insides because of the wide openings. I've seen many sports cars like Audi and Mustang sport similar ducts.
Yep!! Totally agree!!
Old 18th August 2009, 06:50   #14

[They are very practical--as you can direct air in any direction with relative ease, and they also facilitate a larger volume of cool air to pass through.
][/quote]

I agree on that . The only problem I'm facing with these ducts is stopping my daughter from dropping things into them.
Old 18th August 2009, 07:07   #15

Quote:
Did you buy 2 cars ? i mean why buy the same car, you could have bought something else.
Abbas, That's the funniest I've read until now !
Quote:
Booking to delivery - 7 days. I had to wait outside the showroom for the tuck to arrive. Also to confirm that he hasn't driven down my car from Bangalore to hubli (just kidding)

Most Viewed