Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2009, 19:43   #16
BHPian

Just got a call from my dealer. He has revised his offer. here's what he has to offer now

(i) Insurance free (ii) cash discount of 7K (iii) 4 yrs / 1.5 lac kms warranty included (iv) following original ford acessories

- Spolier
- Mud flap / floor mat / boot mat
- Sun film (garware, front screen not included)
- Full body car cover
- Door scuff plate
- Sport pedal (as in 1.6S)
- Perfume / Ganesh idol

i feel i should:
- do away with (i) door scuff plate (ii) sports pedal (iii) car cover
- ask for 15K discount
- ask for anti-rust and rear parking sensors

Thoughts guys?
Old 19th August 2009, 19:50   #17
BHPian

Check the VIN on the car!! sounds like the dealer is literally pushing this car at you, for some reason! cannot think otherwise, that's atleast a good 12-15K worth of accessories alone, let alone the cash discounts and the offer on additional warranty!

if you really don't smell anything fishy, GO FOR IT DUDE!! its a steal!!

PS: go for the sporty pedals, you can grip better and it adds to the looks as well!
Old 19th August 2009, 20:13   #18
Senior - BHPian

I'd do away with the car cover, but sports pedals really look good. Scuff plates are also good becuase they prevent scratch marks from footwear on the door sil.
Old 19th August 2009, 21:02   #19
Senior - BHPian

AFAIK, most dealers dont cash discounts instead of genuine accessories. But you never know, give it a try.

That's a good deal you have.
Old 19th August 2009, 23:28   #20
superveloce

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishgandhi_00 View Post
Just got a call from my dealer. He has revised his offer. here's what he has to offer now

(i) Insurance free (ii) cash discount of 7K (iii) 4 yrs / 1.5 lac kms warranty included (iv) following original ford acessories

- Spolier
- Mud flap / floor mat / boot mat
- Sun film (garware, front screen not included)
- Full body car cover
- Door scuff plate
- Sport pedal (as in 1.6S)
- Perfume / Ganesh idol

i feel i should:
- do away with (i) door scuff plate (ii) sports pedal (iii) car cover
- ask for 15K discount
- ask for anti-rust and rear parking sensors

Thoughts guys?
sorry for my ignorance if this has come up, but which dealer is this? thats a huge discount, on top of that all these freebies? its unbelievable!

Old 20th August 2009, 00:43   #21
BHPian

Ashish@: What is the on road price quoted by dealer and what is final best deal he offering to you?

I seen white colour and it really looks nice with chrome and does not look weired. I saw Morello with chrome and that didnt impressed me at all.

Just for your information - For petrol version dealer in Pune offering 15K corporate discount & Insurance free.

I manage to convince dealer with 7K cash discount + Sports spoiler (though he offering me the one with LEDs as I was knowing that there is difference of 5K ) + Chrome side molding kit (ZXI does not come with it)

Dealer agreed for spoiler but requesting share 50% price of side strip.

So the negotiation is still going on as I asked him to give cash discount of 7K (As corporate discount is usually 15K) but they saying for Diesel its 7K and for Petrol its 15K.

Also please ask dealer if they do ECU reprogram if you upgrade the tyres?

You said that dealer offered you 4 year extended warranty! Did he charged for the forth year as no where I found that dealer is giving 4th year extended warranty. If he didn't charge you then its really a good deal you getting but not sure why dealer pushing you with so much offers.
Old 20th August 2009, 02:10   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superveloce View Post
sorry for my ignorance if this has come up, but which dealer is this? thats a huge discount, on top of that all these freebies? its unbelievable!

I have generally seen the cash discount is around 40 to 50k (for ford Fiesta petrol version). And if i am seeing in this deal that the vendor is giving more accesories as they come much cheaper to them as well they are rotating inventory!!! As well they get good discount on the insurance too.

To begin with negotiation opt with no accessory just cash discount, stretch to the max and then start adding accessories.. You might get a better deal ..
Old 20th August 2009, 10:21   #23
BHPian

thanks all for the inputs.

@ raamki / vnabhi - i guess i will stick to the sports pedal. not sure abt scuff plates. Will do away with the car cover i guess.

@ super - the dealer is in mumbai (wasan). i thought the deal was reasonable. but i get a feel that i am getting a steal of a deal. I think i will not try to bargain hard - but no harm trying once

@ kumar - you hit the nail. He is quoting on road price of 8.45 lacs (which is 7K higher than other dealers in mumbai). so his 7K cash discount is virtually not there.

The spolier with LED is a nice option, but i doubt he will offer me this one.

Am not going to go for any tyre upgrades for the moment - am not too fussy abt this, but still will drive the car for a few days and then take a call.

4th year extended warranty is something even i haven't heard. he isn't charging me anything extra for this.

@nityanand - cash disc of 50K for the new premium sxi looks too high. i dont mind these accessories, as long as they are original ford and factory fitted (so no warranty issues)

Thanks again. will keep you posted
Old 22nd August 2009, 11:02   #24
Senior - BHPian

maybe outdated info but when I checked for a ZXI fiesta 1.6 petrol, Ahmedabad dealer started with a discount of 40K. But looking at the high service and quality standards I am not sure if we can push more than 50K. This doesnt include a 10K exchange bonus gurantee.
Old 22nd August 2009, 11:18   #25
BHPian

Hi,

My dealer states that since rainy season is almost ending, anti-rust coat is not required. however, my local mechanic says that since humidity in mumbai is high, its better to get it done...

should i go for the anti-rust coat now, or wait till the next rainy season.

Thanks
Old 22nd August 2009, 12:10   #26
BHPian

Do dealers offer the new Sxi without the chrome stuff? or can the orvm and the front grill can be exchanged without extra cost?
Old 22nd August 2009, 14:57   #27
Senior - BHPian

Now is better, since you are living in a coastal area.
Old 22nd August 2009, 22:24   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishgandhi_00 View Post
Hi,

My dealer states that since rainy season is almost ending, anti-rust coat is not required. however, my local mechanic says that since humidity in mumbai is high, its better to get it done...

should i go for the anti-rust coat now, or wait till the next rainy season.

Thanks
Ashish@ Any updates on further negotiation at your end!

Today I booked the Fiesta ZXI 1.4

I got below deal -
  • On road price - Rs 8.05 L
  • Basic accessories (Mud flap + Boot map + Floor mat)
  • Sports pedal
  • Scuff plates
  • Side chrome strips

For more details you can refer my thread. Hope soon it will be displayed to all as its with Mod for screening.
Old 23rd August 2009, 12:41   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusako View Post
Do dealers offer the new Sxi without the chrome stuff? or can the orvm and the front grill can be exchanged without extra cost?
As per my dealer (re-confirmed with another dealer), the new SXi comes with chrome stuff. the old sxi without chrome stuff is not available now. the OVRM and front grills cannot be exchanged. If u dont want chrome stuff, go for the Zxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Now is better, since you are living in a coastal area.
thanks vnabhi. thats what i will be doing
Old 23rd August 2009, 12:43   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
Ashish@ Any updates on further negotiation at your end!

Today I booked the Fiesta ZXI 1.4

I got below deal -
  • On road price - Rs 8.05 L
  • Basic accessories (Mud flap + Boot map + Floor mat)
  • Sports pedal
  • Scuff plates
  • Side chrome strips

For more details you can refer my thread. Hope soon it will be displayed to all as its with Mod for screening.
hey Kumar.

some interesting development at my end. i went to another dealer yesterday, and he gave me a better offer than first dealer. however, he is to re-confirm this offer with his manager. also he is to check which colors are readily available (will mostly be going for the Platinum). Once he confirms (could take 1-2 days) will post the details

thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks