Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2009, 10:22   #1
BHPian

Ford Fiesta 1.6 Sxi premium - help needed

Hi ppl,

I am on the verge of booking the new ford fiesta 1.6 SXi premium. Will be writing a detailed review on my research, booking process, etc. in due course.

I need to pay the booking amount in the next few days, hence wanted some inputs on the following issues:

Color: I am confused between Diamond White and Platinum. Any thoughts from the perspective of looks + long run maintenance? Any other color suggestions?

Accessories: The dealer has agreed to offer me accessories worth Rs. 15K. Though the Sxi premium is fully loaded, I plan to go for the following (in that order)
- Spoiler (as in 1.6S) – approx Rs. 7K
- Parking sensor (with display on rear view mirror) – approx Rs. 4.5K
- Sun film (Garware?) – approx Rs. 2.5K
- Teflon / anti-rust coat – approx Rs. 2K
- Ford cushions / pillow – no idea on pricing, but will try to squeeze in.

Any suggestions on inclusions / exclusions in the above?

Thanks
Ashish

Post EDITED since it contained various [FONT], [COLOR] and [SIZE] tags.
Posting with such text formatting should be avoided on Team-BHP as it is inconvenient for members to read post.
Kindly go through Announcements section before proceeding.

Thanking You for your anticipated co-operation

The Team-BHP Support

Last edited by Jaggu : 19th August 2009 at 10:25. Reason: Font tags
Old 19th August 2009, 11:42   #2
BHPian

So choosing the best "drivers car" (atleast thats what they call themselves)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishgandhi_00 View Post
I have a doubt about these parking sensors with display on rear view mirror. Most of the cars now come with a day/night RVM and are the RVM that come with these parking sensors the same type?

If you go through the forums, many suggest that you stay away from teflon coating as it makes future touch-up jobs problematic and also sometimes, teflon coating left in direct sun for long tend to flake (not personally confirmed). And as for under chassis anti-rust coating, I hear it is a must (and have gotten it done for my car too) and I'm not sure if the 3M treatment (with B&W) would cost you so less. I remember paying in the vicinity of 3.5K for swift.

Good luck and have a great time.
Old 19th August 2009, 12:43   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by debugged View Post
So choosing the best "drivers car" (atleast thats what they call themselves)

I have a doubt about these parking sensors with display on rear view mirror. Most of the cars now come with a day/night RVM and are the RVM that come with these parking sensors the same type?

If you go through the forums, many suggest that you stay away from teflon coating as it makes future touch-up jobs problematic and also sometimes, teflon coating left in direct sun for long tend to flake (not personally confirmed). And as for under chassis anti-rust coating, I hear it is a must (and have gotten it done for my car too) and I'm not sure if the 3M treatment (with B&W) would cost you so less. I remember paying in the vicinity of 3.5K for swift.

Good luck and have a great time.
Thanks

Am not sure abt the mirror thing - whether they install a new mirror (with display) or use the existing mirror. I sure dont want to replace the original mirror. will check.

Whats the difference between teflon and anti-rust? May sound a stupid question, but i thought they are the same...
Old 19th August 2009, 13:44   #4
Senior - BHPian

Teflon is for the body to glow more, and anti-rust is under the body of the car.
AFAIK, they clip on a new mirror on top of the stock mirror for the reverse sensor.

Ford pillows cost around Rs 550 for a set, so you should try to squeeze them from the dealer for free.

Sun film for Rs 2500 is ok, but be sure they comply with the laws governing transparency.
Old 19th August 2009, 14:00   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Hi ppl,

Accessories: The dealer has agreed to offer me accessories worth Rs. 15K. Though the Sxi premium is fully loaded, I plan to go for the following (in that order)
- Spoiler (as in 1.6S) – approx Rs. 7K
- Ford cushions / pillow – no idea on pricing, but will try to squeeze in.

Any suggestions on inclusions / exclusions in the above?

Thanks
Ashish
- I guess you can drop the spoiler (unless you are going only for the aesthetics / looks part). It does not really add to the performance of the car (unless you are regularly going to do runs of above 150 km/h)

- Instead of sensor with display on rear view mirror go for the sensor without the display. They definitely don't use the original mirror to accommodate the display of the sensor. It will be a new mirror.

- If you drop the spoiler you can divert that money to get better quality sun films (Llumar, VKool, 3M). I don't know much about Garware films. But Llumar, Vkool and 3M are preferred by most.

- Is it "Teflon AND anti-rust" for 2k or "Teflon OR anti-rust" for 2k ? I think the former is nearly impossible and the latter is too cheap for the size of your car. In any case, teflon coating is not recommended and for anti-rust I would suggest you get it done from some 3M authorised centre.

Do keep us updated about what you do. And would love to see the pics of your car

I would also suggest to get the insurance done on your own. You can save atleast 4-5K if you do it on your own.

All the best
Old 19th August 2009, 14:02   #6
BHPian

Congrats Ashish on your purchase, there are other Fiesta threads by Shaju and Raamki which has got lot more details, please check those threads as i found those to be much informative.
Old 19th August 2009, 14:03   #7
BHPian

thanks vnabhi. need suggestions on the following:

- brand and resolution for the sun-film. I am told Garware and 3M are good, but have no idea of the resolution
- is a sun-film required for front screen also? if yes, does it have different resolution than others
- is autocop reverse parking sensor good? i read abt shajufx's bad experience on this, but the dealer still recommends this. Any other brand advisable?

Thanks
Old 19th August 2009, 14:18   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
- I guess you can drop the spoiler (unless you are going only for the aesthetics / looks part). It does not really add to the performance of the car (unless you are regularly going to do runs of above 150 km/h)

- Instead of sensor with display on rear view mirror go for the sensor without the display. They definitely don't use the original mirror to accommodate the display of the sensor. It will be a new mirror.

- If you drop the spoiler you can divert that money to get better quality sun films (Llumar, VKool, 3M). I don't know much about Garware films. But Llumar, Vkool and 3M are preferred by most.

- Is it "Teflon AND anti-rust" for 2k or "Teflon OR anti-rust" for 2k ? I think the former is nearly impossible and the latter is too cheap for the size of your car. In any case, teflon coating is not recommended and for anti-rust I would suggest you get it done from some 3M authorised centre.

Do keep us updated about what you do. And would love to see the pics of your car

I would also suggest to get the insurance done on your own. You can save atleast 4-5K if you do it on your own.

All the best
Thanks Amogh.

Reg Spoiler, its for the looks more than anything else.

Regarding parking sensor, i will check with the dealer. not sure what option he will be offering. i definetely dont want to do away with the original mirror.

I will ask the dealer for the prices of the various brands of sun films u suggested. Any idea what resolutions should i go for?

Not sure on the Teflon / anti-rust thing. As i mentioned, i was under the impression that both are same, and hence didn't inquire futher. Will get more details on this.

reg insurance, the dealer is offering it for free, so no concerns there.

will definitely posts lots of pics once i lay my hands on my beauty - am yet to book it. i guess mine would be the first sxi premium on t-bhp. the dealer assures delivery within 15 days.

thanks for all the help

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajird View Post
Congrats Ashish on your purchase, there are other Fiesta threads by Shaju and Raamki which has got lot more details, please check those threads as i found those to be much informative.
i am regularly following their threads and even Frank Mehtas. thanks
Old 19th August 2009, 14:55   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thanks vnabhi. need suggestions on the following:

- brand and resolution for the sun-film. I am told Garware and 3M are good, but have no idea of the resolution
Both are good. I think 70% visibility is the norm--please check the thread on sunfilm in this forum
- is a sun-film required for front screen also? if yes, does it have different resolution than others
I got it installed after 2 years of purchase, am happy with it--I went in for Garware Ice Cool ---please check their website for details.
- is autocop reverse parking sensor good? i read abt shajufx's bad experience on this, but the dealer still recommends this. Any other brand advisable?
I don't have a reverse sensor.

Thanks
Ashish, my answers are in bold above
Old 19th August 2009, 15:27   #10
Senior - BHPian

Instead of getting the accessories from Ford, you could push for a 15k cash discount. And any accessories you might want, you could get from a good accessory shop. This way you save more, and also aren't forced to opt for accessories you may not want/need. The teflon coating is one such example.
Old 19th August 2009, 16:30   #11
Senior - BHPian

Please dont go for any accessories from the dealer, I have gone through a very bad experience and its same with many. I was promised Lumar sun film free but after delivery found its of some cheap brand, was highly recommended for a dealer chosen brand of reverse sensor too, but had to replace it 4 times (auto-cop parking master) please stay away from this. Any other accessory sold by the dealer is almost double the cost of what you get it from outside. Strongly ask for a cash discount, they will agree.
Old 19th August 2009, 17:04   #12
BHPian

Quote:
I am on the verge of booking the new ford fiesta 1.6 SXi premium. Will be writing a detailed review on my research, booking process, etc. in due course.

Color: I am confused between Diamond White and Platinum. Any thoughts from the perspective of looks + long run maintenance? Any other color suggestions?

Parking sensor (with display on rear view mirror) – approx Rs. 4.5
Ashish, congrats on choosing to ride the fiesta wave!! Our ZXI arrived last week and its Platinum in color!! I've posted a few pictures from our delivery experience. Check them out, hope it helps narrowing down on the color you finally wish to go for! http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...delivered.html

but my opinion, the front chrome grill looks pathetic (read as 'too flashy') on the Platinum SXI, go with the White or downgrade to the black grill!

however, that said T-BHP has all the shades of the fiesta! from platinum, diamond white, morello, paprika red to aquarius blue!! check them all out, am sure it'll ease your decision making process!!

The only accessories we got done in the showroom was the, Chrome Side Strips which come as a standard feature in the SXI! We were offered Sunfilms for 2500rs but declined the offer!

We got our reverse parking sensors fitted from REDSOUL, Welcome to RedSoul, its the JH4 series (basic Rear view display system). It's another mirror alright but it smoothly clips onto the stock mirror and can be adjusted with ease! it's bigger than the stock which helps as well, no complaints so far on the product, works like charm and the guys who came to fit this worked around the car like they knew it inside out!! i highly recommend them! (again, pictures in my fiesta thread!). Cost us 4400rs for this!

Hope you have a pleasant delivery experience!! and welcome to the club!!

PS: I saw a Morello Premium SXI when I was in the showroom to take delivery of our car, it looked awesome!! posted a picture of that car in my thread as well!!

Last edited by raamki : 19th August 2009 at 17:06.
Old 19th August 2009, 17:47   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks

Am not sure abt the mirror thing - whether they install a new mirror (with display) or use the existing mirror. I sure dont want to replace the original mirror. will check.

Whats the difference between teflon and anti-rust? May sound a stupid question, but i thought they are the same...
For the reverse parking sensores, there are generally 3 options availabl for the monitor: mirror, a square monitor that is aluminium ( looks like a video game) but clashes with the dashboard, and a very small LED monitor in black. The last is what I have got on my Linea, placed in the corner of the dashboard and hardly noticeable. Check if they have that
Old 19th August 2009, 18:40   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Instead of getting the accessories from Ford, you could push for a 15k cash discount. And any accessories you might want, you could get from a good accessory shop. This way you save more, and also aren't forced to opt for accessories you may not want/need. The teflon coating is one such example.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Please dont go for any accessories from the dealer, I have gone through a very bad experience and its same with many. I was promised Lumar sun film free but after delivery found its of some cheap brand, was highly recommended for a dealer chosen brand of reverse sensor too, but had to replace it 4 times (auto-cop parking master) please stay away from this. Any other accessory sold by the dealer is almost double the cost of what you get it from outside. Strongly ask for a cash discount, they will agree.
Thanks Razor and Shajufx. the dealer is already offering me some cash discount + accessories. will try to bargain for more, but looks difficult, since its a newly launched version. have to settle for some accessories. Teflon is out. Regarding sun-flim, he is offering RTO approved version of Garware. will personally check it out tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
Ashish, congrats on choosing to ride the fiesta wave!! Our ZXI arrived last week and its Platinum in color!! I've posted a few pictures from our delivery experience. Check them out, hope it helps narrowing down on the color you finally wish to go for! http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...delivered.html

but my opinion, the front chrome grill looks pathetic (read as 'too flashy') on the Platinum SXI, go with the White or downgrade to the black grill!

however, that said T-BHP has all the shades of the fiesta! from platinum, diamond white, morello, paprika red to aquarius blue!! check them all out, am sure it'll ease your decision making process!!

The only accessories we got done in the showroom was the, Chrome Side Strips which come as a standard feature in the SXI! We were offered Sunfilms for 2500rs but declined the offer!

We got our reverse parking sensors fitted from REDSOUL, Welcome to RedSoul, its the JH4 series (basic Rear view display system). It's another mirror alright but it smoothly clips onto the stock mirror and can be adjusted with ease! it's bigger than the stock which helps as well, no complaints so far on the product, works like charm and the guys who came to fit this worked around the car like they knew it inside out!! i highly recommend them! (again, pictures in my fiesta thread!). Cost us 4400rs for this!

Hope you have a pleasant delivery experience!! and welcome to the club!!

PS: I saw a Morello Premium SXI when I was in the showroom to take delivery of our car, it looked awesome!! posted a picture of that car in my thread as well!!
@ ramki, i am regularly following your thread and liked the platinum color. but not sure how it would look on the Sxi premum (with so much chrome around). i personally dont like the morello. Aq. Blue looks stunning, but aint available on Sxi.

i agree with your view on the grill and plan to get is changed. Even the headlamps look flashy with chrome surround. The ones with black surround (in 1.6S) look classy. will try for these as well.

regarding parking sensor, i am a bit concerned with a new mirror, but am still to check what option does the dealer have to offer to me. have been badly tied up in work and not been able to talk to him. plan to visit him tomorrow to check out the offerings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmites View Post
For the reverse parking sensores, there are generally 3 options availabl for the monitor: mirror, a square monitor that is aluminium ( looks like a video game) but clashes with the dashboard, and a very small LED monitor in black. The last is what I have got on my Linea, placed in the corner of the dashboard and hardly noticeable. Check if they have that
Thanks !!
Old 19th August 2009, 19:06   #15
BHPian

if you ask me, none of the lighter shades go well with the chrome burst on the new SXI! Attaching a picture of the Black SXI, looks superb with all the chrome!

Go for a darker shade if you're going for the SXI. If you like the Platinum though, go with the ZXI! it's lakh cheaper and the only feature you'll really miss out on is the Airbags!! you can literally upgrade to everything else!
Attached Images

Last edited by raamki : 19th August 2009 at 19:08.

Most Viewed