Team-BHP - Grande Punto, Red Emotion Pack Multijet Diesel 9000 km - 4 months - Saga continues
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Grande Punto, Red Emotion Pack Multijet Diesel 9000 km - 4 months - Saga continues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/63824-grande-punto-red-emotion-pack-multijet-diesel-9000-km-4-months-saga-continues.html)

Hi All,

Bit delayed to start this but as they say " Better Late then Never".

We planned to buy Swift VDI, almost finalised even visited the showroom with the cheque but changed the mind at the last minute increase of Rs 2000 in insurance.

Then GP got launched, took a test drive & both were throughly impressed. The performace was at par, but features were awsome. Where swift stopped GP started. Almost had everything which you can think of.

Booked & got it on 14th July. Bright Red, a beauty in itself ( though personally I am a black fan but still). Drove it around, is good, solid & ergonomic.

Had a trip to Manali on this long weeked (12 - 16th August) & took GP in place of Scorpio to test & by far we am not at all disappointed by our choice.

Advantages : 1. Beauty to look
2. Amazing driving comfort.
3. Ergonomic, everything within your reach
4. Awsome features including security features
5. 15" Alloys & stock wide tyres give awsome stability & control
6. Steering to die for, one of the best
7. Nice Music system.

Disadvantage : 1. Low ground clearance (may be because I have been driving a Scorpio from past 3 years)

Over All : Very Satisfied till Now. A trip from Delhi to Manali - Rohtang - Delhi , 1412 kms with a average speed of 46kms/hr & a fuel economy of 17.8 km/l is good by any standards.

P.S. : Has gone for service today as 3080 clocked already, will post the details of it soon. BTW few photos attached for you all.

Here are pics attaached

3000 kms and you still have the ribbon and plastics on seat? Well, each one to his own, I guess.

Congrats on your Punto and good going. Keep us updated !!

congrats man !! enjoy the beauty

Congrats for lady in red and some awesome pics. keep smiling

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuttapan (Post 1439684)
3000 kms and you still have the ribbon and plastics on seat? Well, each one to his own, I guess.

Congrats on your Punto and good going. Keep us updated !!

Ribbon : Yes because it is still not a month (then)

Plastics : Seat Covers yet not in & would not want to spoil stock seats. Gone now agree:

Thanks a lot for your wishes

Moderators, Need Help as subject needs to Mention Punto - Diesel

Hey Congrats on your car. Drive safe and hope you will add more miles on your odo.
Oh Man. So many Puntos around,

Congrats pal, Great choice of car & color!

3000 kms a month, that is 100 kms / day!
Undoubtly, you are enjoying the car to the max!

congrats, great looking car.

But do remove the ribbon.
It can stain the bonnet and you will not like that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by finneyp (Post 1439809)
3000 kms a month, that is 100 kms / day!

Half of 3K was done in 4 days. But you are right about the average. Thats why they say statistics hide as much as they reveal.

Congrats pal.

After TDing Punto its hardly difficult to choose between Swift and GP.
Offcourse, if After Sales Service is not a consideration.
But with service interval of this nature, you hardly need to visit them. :)

Happy and safe motoring brother.

Congratulations on the Punto and the way your are running her shows you are enjoying every moment with the car! :)

Congrats sam :)
I would like to hear more elaborate experience of Punto's performance during your trip. Kindly share.

Congrats buddy! 3K is toooooo much to clock in 1 month lol: