Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2009, 09:46   #241
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Now I am confused because of the two preceding posts - is the 18.40 price inclusive of any 1.5 lakh worth of accessories, or is it 19.9, and you get to choose any 1.5 lakh worth of accessories??
Car comes clean as you've seen in press ad. Those 1.5 lac worth of accessories are there for you to decide as how ugly you want to make your car to look at.

Accessories are not part of their standard equipments.
Old 25th August 2009, 09:47   #242
Senior - BHPian

The 1.5 lakh of `high priced and useless' accessories, and the higher cost dealer insurance (and financing if required) is the rent that shall be paid by early-adopters and extracted by dealers. If enough people are repulsed by this practice or find the extra cost not worthwhile, and change their mind, this back door premium will soon disappear.

Sawyer: the price is 18.45 lakhs ex-showroom and does not include insurance, registration, etc+ `mandatory' accessories.
Old 25th August 2009, 10:10   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post

Sawyer: the price is 18.45 lakhs ex-showroom and does not include insurance, registration, etc+ `mandatory' accessories.
I think I am seeing what is being attempted by Toyota, but will reserve comment until the facts become clear. I have never heard of anything called a mandatory accessory in my life till now.
Old 25th August 2009, 10:39   #244
BHPian

The would be buyers should report this matter with the dealers name and booking details to Toyota India and let us see their response.

I am sure Toyota would not approve of such tactics by dealers.
Old 25th August 2009, 10:49   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp1 View Post
Pricing is ok but there's a catch, Toyota are adamant on selling accessories worth 1.5L on initial Fortuners. Local dealer says company has made it mandatory, I lambasted both the company & the dealer for this.
Toyota seems to have learned this bad habit from Maruti. With 1.5L waste of accessories, Fortuner is no more a sweet deal.

Well... Buying accessories is just a matter of choice for the customer. The sales guy can show you the accessories and how they improve the looks and feel if the vehicle. But, in the end its your money. I dont think any company can make it mandatory to sell some xxxx amount worth of accessories.

But IMHO some of tose accessories really make the fortuner drool-able
Old 25th August 2009, 11:04   #246
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Oh I think I got confused. I thought the 1.5L worth of 'fittings' were forced on the buyer.
Old 25th August 2009, 11:13   #247
BHPian

Quote:
..rear view mirror(bonnet)...
That is called as a fender mirror.
Its purpose is not to see whats coming behind the vehicle. It consists of 2 mirrors with a separation in the middle. They help the driver to see where the tire on the opposite side is moving onto and how much distance/clearance is there in front of the vehicle. Things, which you would need if you didnt have much assistance during offrading and other tight situations like parking near a kerb etc.
Old 25th August 2009, 11:19   #248

In Hyderabad its On Road Price is 21.25L, When I booked my Fortuner they said my number is 18, today they are saying that it is 35. They are just playing with customers.

Toyota should not approve such tactics by dealers.
Old 25th August 2009, 11:21   #249
BANNED

This is what the local dealer told me, "Toyota has made mandatory to sell 1.5L worth of accessories with each Fortuner". I don't know whether this is true or not, still the dealer claims so. I wanted to book the vehicle with him, but did not because of the stupendous deal.
According to the dealer, customer has no other choice but to buy the extra accessories with the vehicle.
I have a separate accessories booklet supplied to me which contains the said accessories & I did not like any of them.

@Karup, Im not a 1st time buyer in the market, Im well aware of dealer tactics. If a dealer is trying to push 1.5L worth of accessories in the garb of whatever, Im out of the deal, its dealers/companies loss.
Anyways those accessories make it look really ugly.

Last edited by bhp1 : 25th August 2009 at 11:24.
Old 25th August 2009, 11:53   #250
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This is what the local dealer told me, "Toyota has made mandatory to sell 1.5L worth of accessories with each Fortuner".
Then they should have shown a car with all accessories in their press ad. Without that one wouldn't know how good or ugly it looks.
Old 25th August 2009, 11:57   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is what the local dealer told me, "Toyota has made mandatory to sell 1.5L worth of accessories with each Fortuner".
The quickest and most certain way of checking the veracity of this statement would be to call Toyota. If they say no, then tell the name of the dealer. if they say yes, this practice will be tolerated as long as there is initial hype, then (1) not ethical by Toyota/dealer (2) you have the choice of not paying for garbage or the Fortuner now, and wait till the seller comes to his senses.
Old 25th August 2009, 11:57   #252
BHPian

Booking

There is a report on Fortuner launch in Pune Mirror today. In that report, it is mentioned that Toyota already has 2500 bookings for the SUV. Looks like they have hit the right spot regards to pricing.

Avenger
Old 25th August 2009, 12:00   #253
BHPian

These dealers are rotten.
I have just confirmed with my dealer (Castle Toyota) there is no obligation whatsoever.
Old 25th August 2009, 12:03   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Testosterone View Post
These dealers are rotten.
I have just confirmed with my dealer (Castle Toyota) there is no obligation whatsoever.
If this is true (I know some dealers are insisting on selling accessories) and Toyota has not made it mandatory, then the best and quickest solution would be to write to Toyota immediately giving specifics. See what is Toyota saying about this.
Old 25th August 2009, 12:04   #255
Senior - BHPian

After reading all the posts here I feel sticking to my Innova may be a good idea for now. At best I may plonk in the semi automatic which may sort my automatic requirement. An Innova owner I spoke to stated the semi auto workes like a charm. At best I may replace her if Toyota launches an Auto Innova.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks