Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2009, 15:50   #31
BHPian

Man! that's one sharp looking car.I wish you add the front thingy in above pic. Makes the car look better.
Old 26th August 2009, 16:45   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubZero_11 View Post
Make is Veloche and I paid about 17K for a set of 4.I searched high and low before I settled on these wheels,plus I think I got a fairly good deal on the price.
I cant agree more its worth every penny spent on it. Nice Job !
Old 26th August 2009, 19:11   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusako View Post
Man! that's one sharp looking car.I wish you add the front thingy in above pic. Makes the car look better.
Thank you!The car mods are still work under progress, so it will get a whole bodykit and not just the front grill
Old 27th August 2009, 11:31   #34

that's a nice looking car.
can you tell me where to find the distributor for Veloche?
Old 27th August 2009, 12:56   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyliner34 View Post
that's a nice looking car.
can you tell me where to find the distributor for Veloche?
Pitstop(Sunny) in Bangalore,opp. Lifestyle is the distributor for Veloche in India.
Old 15th October 2009, 11:28   #36

Tyres upsized - Yokohama S-drives

After running my car for about 2000kms, I had one of my stock Good Year tyres explode while driving at only 30 kmph,called Honda and they said they cannot replace as it has custom rims.Decided the best thing to do would be to upsize my tyres from Good Year 175/65/R15 to Yokohama S-Drive 205/55/R15.I wanted to put in only Michelin or Yokohama's and decided performance was a priority for me over comfort and picked up the Yokos.Here again I had a choice between the A-Drive 195/60/R15 and the S-Drive,but chose to go with the latter as the tread pattern was much better on the S.

I went to Madhu Enterprises near Lalbagh for the tyres and I had a very good experience with them, they were very efficient and very helpful with respect to information on tyres.The S-drives were priced at Rs.4750 per tyre which he discounted and gave it to me for Rs.4550 and the buy-back for my 2000km run tyres were Rs.1250 per tyre.Alignmnent and balancing was an extra Rs.400 with free Nitrous hereon.

Though I havent really had a chance to run-in my tyres for too long, so far the grip feels very good but the steering has become harder and the mileage has dropped from 12.6 to about 12.3 after the tyre upsize.
Old 15th October 2009, 15:42   #37
BHPian

Subzero,

Its disheartening to know what you have undergone.

You could have had word with Nikhil 2008 in our forum for nice suggestion about tyres. Its his profession & an expert on the subject.

tyre upgrade will have its own pros and cons, one cant do much about it.

So happy driving.
Old 15th October 2009, 17:57   #38
BHPian

Quote:
After running my car for about 2000kms, I had one of my stock Good Year tyres explode while driving at only 30 kmph,called Honda and they said they cannot replace as it has custom rims.Decided the best thing to do would be to upsize my tyres from Good Year 175/65/R15 to Yokohama S-Drive 205/55/R15.I wanted to put in only Michelin or Yokohama's and decided performance was a priority for me over comfort and picked up the Yokos.Here again I had a choice between the A-Drive 195/60/R15 and the S-Drive,but chose to go with the latter as the tread pattern was much better on the S.

I went to Madhu Enterprises near Lalbagh for the tyres and I had a very good experience with them, they were very efficient and very helpful with respect to information on tyres.The S-drives were priced at Rs.4750 per tyre which he discounted and gave it to me for Rs.4550 and the buy-back for my 2000km run tyres were Rs.1250 per tyre.Alignmnent and balancing was an extra Rs.400 with free Nitrous hereon.

Though I havent really had a chance to run-in my tyres for too long, so far the grip feels very good but the steering has become harder and the mileage has dropped from 12.6 to about 12.3 after the tyre upsize.
hi
Since the ANHC suspension is stiff at lower speeds, the ride in the city will become a bit rough sometimes specially over uneven road and rough edges since the tire is off a lower profile. In order to offset that a bit lower the tire pressure to 30 in the front and 28 behind for a smother ride provided of course you do not go for a long drive. am getting about 12.5 to 12.8 km/l with an upgrade to 195/60 R 15 Michelin Prima LC.
Old 15th October 2009, 18:28   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
After running my car for about 2000kms, I had one of my stock Good Year tyres explode while driving at only 30 kmph,called Honda and they said they cannot replace as it has custom rims.
WHAT! did it hit something that it exploded?! Or was it a sidewall tear?

If its explode/tire burst without a reason, you should write to Honda for other ANHC's safety sake! As far as they not honoring warranty, well its the downside of opting for non authorized accessory.

But still the very thought of exploding tire is scary, imagine if this happened at high speed?
Old 15th October 2009, 20:25   #40
BHPian

i feel it is something which has happened over a period of time. Maybe the wheel had got a bad hit and this hit would have developed over sometime and result an EXPLOSION !

You are lucky that the speed was low.

Future, we should keep a watch on tyres regularly.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 15th October 2009 at 20:30.
Old 15th October 2009, 20:34   #41
Team-BHP Support

Nandan i know that, what am saying is if its a problem with the tire it needs to be reported! Same batch will be running around in many cars and if its an issue one should notify. Am not worried about warranty part since it will not hold good as you and i pointed out

Too much of speculation till Subzero replies, since we dont know if it was a road hazard or actual tire which was the problem.
Old 16th October 2009, 06:09   #42
BHPian

Congratulations. Alloys look awesome. Don't you find it hard to drive in the night with those that jet black tint? Looks good though.
Old 16th October 2009, 11:18   #43

Hi folks...the explosion didnt happen because of wear and tear as its just 2 months old.I drove over a hump very carefully at low speed, and the right front tyre exploded.I did check it with a mechanic and he confirmed that he was commenting that Good Years are normally not that great on Bangalore roads.One thing I did notice happening frequently with the tyres was that they used to get overinflated to 38 - 40 psi every 2 weeks and I still havent figured out the reason for that.It may be that the tyre burst because of the overinflation as well.What I am disappointed with is that a 10.2 lakh car shouldnt come with such weak stock tyres!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSparrow View Post
Congratulations. Alloys look awesome. Don't you find it hard to drive in the night with those that jet black tint? Looks good though.
It's quite difficult with night driving on those tints especially because the ANHC lights are quite weak.I am planning to change it to super white H4 philips bulbs soon, that should help.Any other suggestions on lights are welcome!

Last edited by Jaggu : 16th October 2009 at 12:17. Reason: Back to back posts, use multi quote please.
Old 16th October 2009, 12:19   #44
Team-BHP Support

Very weird story, hope Honda takes a notice of this before a serious accident happens. Over inflation can cause damage, but 40psi is only at the upper limit of stock tire's.

Maybe tire guru's can help here?
Old 18th October 2009, 09:13   #45
BHPian

whats the relation between the ANHC headlights & the tints to the windows, how is it making it difficult to drive? unless one has the front windshield tinted jet black !

Last edited by nandans2005 : 18th October 2009 at 09:16.

Most Viewed