Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2009, 11:39   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubZero_11 View Post
Hi folks...the explosion didnt happen because of wear and tear as its just 2 months old.I drove over a hump very carefully at low speed, and the right front tyre exploded.I did check it with a mechanic and he confirmed that he was commenting that Good Years are normally not that great on Bangalore roads.One thing I did notice happening frequently with the tyres was that they used to get overinflated to 38 - 40 psi every 2 weeks and I still havent figured out the reason for that.It may be that the tyre burst because of the overinflation as well.What I am disappointed with is that a 10.2 lakh car shouldnt come with such weak stock tyres!

It's quite difficult with night driving on those tints especially because the ANHC lights are quite weak.I am planning to change it to super white H4 philips bulbs soon, that should help.Any other suggestions on lights are welcome!
hi
The stock headlamps are very weak. Had to put in a xenon lamps soon after the service otherwise it was a bit dangerous to see in the nite and specially on the highway with these lights.
Old 21st October 2009, 15:18   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
whats the relation between the ANHC headlights & the tints to the windows, how is it making it difficult to drive? unless one has the front windshield tinted jet black !
The stock headlights on ANHC is not too powerful to begin with and as my windshield is also heavily tinted, its not too safe to drive with the stock headlights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoc View Post
hi
The stock headlamps are very weak. Had to put in a xenon lamps soon after the service otherwise it was a bit dangerous to see in the nite and specially on the highway with these lights.
I heard xenon lamps dont do much in terms of lighting up the road?Has it been more comfortable driving with xenons than stock lights?
Old 21st October 2009, 21:00   #48
BHPian

But tell me why your front windshield is HEAVILY tinted man , this is not safe right ? why did you get this done ? Without tints and clear glass, i feel the headlights are not enough on the highway. I dont drive more than 80kmph when its dark to be on the safer side.
Old 9th November 2009, 00:27   #49

regarding xenon lights

Regarding the question on effectiveness of xenon lights, they are by far superior to traditional halogen headlamps most cars have. Not only do they allow you to see farther, but they do a much better job of illuminating the periphery.

Some of the newer cars have motorized headlamps that turn in the direction in which your car is turning to allow you to see around bends better.

Real xenon upgrades will probably require you to replace the entire headlamp assembly, not just the bulb. Don't be fooled by blue colored bulbs - not the real deal.
Old 11th November 2009, 23:41   #50
VEA
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubZero_11 View Post
I heard xenon lamps dont do much in terms of lighting up the road?Has it been more comfortable driving with xenons than stock lights?
Its always better to upgrade it to 100/90 W halogen (philips rally series offer maximum light in rains according to accessory shops). if upgrading to xenon get a low colour temperature bulb (3000-4000k) or you might have problems in rain/wet roads.
Old 4th December 2009, 16:13   #51
BHPian

I'll swing by your place for a quick drive on the weekend...!!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks